1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BloodHoundRiderAxe

Submitted by Uncle Fester
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
The undead notoriously lack in having an ordinary cavalry in Warcraft 3, so i decided once again to make a custom unit. What i wanted to avoid is making a unit from which several other variations already exist on the Hive. I know that there already exist some blood hound models on the Hive, but i couldn't find any so far that resembles mine very much. At first i had a few problems when making this model as i was unsure about which skins would be best, so my work came to a hold for a while. A few weeks later i continued the work, and after hundreds of "trial and error" results, i finally came to this one. It took me more than a month to make this model, as i had to create a skeleton for the rider and animate it manually in Magos (no joke, i CnPed the values from Thrall's bones and set the frame numbers accordingly). And even after most of the work was done, it still took me a few hours to give it the finishing polish. All in all, i have to admit that this was one of my most demanding and labor-intensive works.

About the model:
Many townfolks claim that there's no bigger menace to villages and even small cities than the Troll Boar Riders. Well, actually they're terribly mistaken! There's one kind of cavalry that tought even to boar riders the meaning of fear and demise: the undead Blood Hound Rider! Whilst both have developed a fondness for surprise attacks and pillaging, in any kind of confrontation the blood hound riders are always in advantage. The reasons are many:
-) the blood hounds can smell anything from huge distances, including invisible units and alert the riders in time
-) most creatures, incl. the "hoggers' " boars and also mammoths have learned to avoid blood hounds, hence they flee in fear when they hear their howl
-) blood hounds are as heavy as boars, but more agile and faster moving
-) boars are good runners too, but in endurance they can't compete with the blood hounds
-) the blood hounds' bites infest their targets with several diseases
-) the blood hounds are naturally living in packs, hence they can coordinate a perfect attack by themselves without needing guidance from the riders
In addition to every aforementioned fact, the blood hound riders are also more merciless, brutally and way more evil than any other cavalry. They don't only raid for enriching themselves, but also for entertaining their mounts with prey-villagers. They often even take captives and send them away, just for hunting them later down again.

Feel free to use this ressource in any imaginable way you want! Have fun with it! :wink:

P.S. I'm planning to make more variations of Blood Hound Riders soon. They all will have the same mount and armor, but different weapons, helmets and faces. :wink:

EDIT 1:
-) body proportions fixed, now he doesn't have ape-arms (too long arms)
-) vertex assignment problems on chest fixed (my thx to -Grendel for pointing that out)
-) applied a few changes to the mount's head, so that it doesn't clip through the collar again during the Stand - 2 and Stand - 3 anims
-) re-edited the Attack - 2 anim (performs more like an axe-swing now)
-) replaced the hair with a hood, as they brought mostly negative criticism
-) also applied a finishing polish to the riding crop

I hope it performs bette now! :wink:

EDIT 2:
-) fixed that odd snake-like movement of the mid-part from the chest
-) also added one more chain, it starts from the left side of the big torso chain and goes to the left hand of the rider. I added for not having it loook like the hand only floats above the model.

Should be much better now! If you downloaded the old version, make sure to replace it with this one, it performs better. ! :wink:

EDIT 3:
-) merged the model with the wolfrider's skeleton. It uses his anims now, with a slight modification
-) Attack -1 now lets the mount bite

EDIT 4:
-) further fixed a few vertex-to-bone-assignment issues, a few unnatural movements and all remaining skinning issues (the rider's right side of the torso had two minor flaws over and beneath the shoulder joint)
-) Attack 1 has been changed to its default, the rider attacks with one hand
-) ingame screenie also added (functions properly ingames) ;)
-) BONUS: added 4 more "custom" animations:
  • Walk - 2: same as Walk anim, only that the mount opens two times its jaw slightly, like grasping for air (similar to the Direwolf's walk anim)
  • Attack 3: another attack anim, mainly for the mount to do the job (quickly deliever a painfull bite)
  • Spell Slam: the mount now can grab the target enemy and shake him/her/it around or take a big bite out of a bigger unit, like an ogre
  • Stand Channel: this is an eat-like animation with the sound of the Ghoul's and Abomination's Cannibalize ability (sound integrated to model, it's not necessary to add the sound in World Editor too). Now the hungry hounds can feast on nearby corpses as well!
All anims are CnP's from the frames of the model's ingame anims. I just sometimes edited the movement of single bones to vary them a bit, and sometimes i combined frames from many anims to make a new one. ;) This was done in MDLVIS.

Keywords:
undead, undead rider, undead cavalry, rider, blood hound, monster, wolf, hound, scourge, fallen
Previews
Contents

BloodHoundRiderAxe (Model)

BloodHoundRiderAxe (Model)

Reviews
23:59, 6th Aug 2014 MiniMage: I've been trying to figure out what looks off with this model. The wolf head along with the collar needs to be scaled down about 10%. The wolf head is also kinda too square, A wolf head generally ends in a point. A...
  1. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Why other textures? Because they totally do not fit in the way you used them, they wrap horribly on the mesh, which is really wonky for itself and just doesn't look good.

2. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    :fp: Textures --> AncientGate.blp or so....War3.mpq :wink:

cheers :grin:

Does it look bad ingames or in Magos? :eekani:

3. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    While I do praise your creativity, I'd say like the others that da' rider needs more work indeed. Otherwise I'm smoking (liking) this:3

4. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    They don't look good in general, and the proportions of the rider make it look even worse. Try to lower the seat and his waist line, change or remove his hair (he looks like Edward with the Scissors hands) and find other texture. His head is too small and his arms are way too long. His feet are to small as well or make at least his boots a tad bigger. The back of the head is extremly messed up as well as the neck, which is clipping through the back.

I would create a new mesh for the rider, it would create things easier.

5. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    ty :ogre_hurrhurr: yes, i will make some changes in the rider. :wink:

Thx for the ideas.....@ least one who can give precise discriptions for a repair/change :thumbs_up:

Edward with scissors? :eekani: Who's dat? :vw_wtf:

6. Solu9

Solu9

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Edward Scissoshands is the main character in Tim Burton's masterpiece "Edward Scissorhands". Played by Johnny Depp.

[​IMG]

Edit:
    If you haven't seen it you have missed a brilliant movie. Go watch it. Go watch it right now.

7. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    No, i haven't seen it yet :vw_sad:

8. Solu9

Solu9

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Changes are good. The hood also looks good but I personally think the hair made him look more unique. Damn peer pressure.

9. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    ty :ogre_hurrhurr: yeah, but that was not the only problem with the hair......the head had some skinning atrocities on the back side of the head which i couldn't repair, so i thought giving in and adding a head armor would be better. :wink:

10. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's much better. The hood, while (I can understand your problem with it being) less "unique", definitely helps him out better than the crazy-hair.

I think, though (based on the Model Viewer) the waist/torso connection is still a little wonky. Could be wrong. Great progress!

11. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    It is indeed. It's still deformed during animations. A lil' bit of animation tweaking could do.

12. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Ok, it looks good now (not really, its just creepy)
    Good Work

13. Sellenisko

Sellenisko

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Awesome, nice work. I love the hound!

14. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    i know, i just couldn't find the culpit bone so far. :vw_sad: I'm sure it's either chest or waist..... don't worry, i'll fix that too. It occured when i applied a few proportion changes @ the chest. I realized the problem after the update. The torso/waist are behaves a bit like a snake-body :vw_sad:

or "simply" using the anim values from another unit's chest :wink:

lol, ty:ogre_hurrhurr:

thx :ogre_hurrhurr: i'm glad to hear that :goblin_yeah:

15. Strikest

Strikest

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Those hound eyes are so creepy @_@

I feel them piercing my soul

16. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Oh :goblin_jawdrop: i am afraid he is actually seeing tonight's dinner in you..... :wscrolleyes:

17. Xonok

Xonok

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lower back is broken(nudged to the left).
    He sits too high for his centre of gravity.

Attack - 2 animation definitely looks very undead. I like that one, even though it seemed strange to me at first.

18. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I know, the upper body generally needs a little work. :vw_sad: It moves like a serpent. :goblin_jawdrop:

Did you DL the first version of it or the one after the first edit? The first version's attack 2 was somewhat......strange. :vw_sad:

19. Xonok

Xonok

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I didn't download yet. I looked at it in the hive's model editor.

20. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    You mean this one (Magos)?