• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] Blood for Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Need a play tester too help seeing if the map is working in multiplayer, balancing issues, bugs finding and giving suggestion/ideas to the map to make this map less DotA like.

Note that I can't play with you myself due to me having an average-bad internet connection and living far away from America(living in SEA region).

Map Info
AoS map with three lanes, 3 lanes, a creep wave with unique property of their own.

Most hero has custom spells and a set of utilities spell such as Flares(reveals target area),Wards(put a wards that have moderate visoin range), Smite(deals damage to non-hero units), Decoy(creates illusion of target that deals no damage),Recall(channels for 5 seconds to teleports to base, and Teleport(teleport to target allied structure)).

The goal of the map is to destroy enemy's Crystal Core, each enemy tower takes down empowers your hero, increasing their armor and base damage by a percent amount.

Screenshots
WC3ScrnShot_052717_174038_02.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052717_174341_03.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052717_174353_04.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052717_174408_05.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052717_174412_06.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052717_174416_07.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052717_174419_08.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052717_174428_09.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052717_174430_10.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052717_174517_11.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052717_174521_12.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052717_174557_13.jpg

TzM227F

Changelog
Update v.1.9
- More terrain changes.
- Boss added, Ravager and Purifier.

There's 2 boss that spawns after 20 minutes, and 5 minutes after their dead,
There's Ravager and Purifier.

- The Ravager grants bonus damage aura provided to every allied heroes for
3 minutes.
- The Purifiers grants life regeneration from 2% of maximum health and refunds
mana after every spell manual cast for 25% of mana missing.

Only killing blows deliver get a gold from their defeat.

Update v.1.8
Gameplay
- Changes to terrain.
- Neutrals Creep can no longer be tamed.
- Hippogryph Rider,Keeper of the Groove and Winter's Whisper now
properly shown on Multiboard.
- Tentacle neutral creep removed.
- Normal creeps now spawn every 20 seconds, medium every 2 minute, high level
every 10 minute, and Frostwyrm at every 20 minutes.
- Magic Wagon's armor aura lowered to 2.
- Buildings have armor reduced.

Heroes Changes
- Crimson Blade's Slice and Dice gives passive attack speed for 10/20/30/40%.
- Gestein's hotkey tooltip error fixed.
- Gestein's Savage Grab have shorter stuns but cooldown is lowerd. Now have
new abilities, Reckless Swings(E) and Supreme Hide(R)
#Reckless Swings: Every 3rd attack deals bonus damage and gives attack speed.
#Supreme Hide: Passively grans basic attack's damage block and armor.
- Gyrocopter's Rockets! now deals 90/95/100/105 damage per charge.
- Keeper of the Grove's Force of Nature now doesn't requires trees and
Nature's Way changed to Entangling Roots.
Entangling Roots:
Immobilizing and disarm target.
- Mountain Giant's Rock&Roll max passive strength gainable changed to 70.
- Time Crawler's Blink changed to Delay Aura
Delay Aura:
An aura that slows nearby enemies' attack speed by 24/30/36/42%.
- Trapper's Power Throw damage rescaled to 80/160/240/320 and cooldown to
8/7/6/5, Ensnare changed to Bola Throws and Blend changed to Leap
Bola Throws: Throws a bola to the target point, pinning down enemy unit it
first struck. Pinned unit takes damage overtime if moving away from the point
of impact for a certain distance over its duration.
Leap: Dashes forward 600 units of a facing angle.

Update v.1.7
- Tamed neutral creep now has 300 seconds expiration time
- Each team now have Barracks for each lane, the barracks
spawns 1 X unit every 30 seconds and when they dies, spawn one
Super Creep on enemy side.
- Removed 3 level-ups at game start.
- New hero added: Winter's Whisper.
- Added orange glow to side shops.

- Butcher's Butcher gives bonus Strength, FRESH MEAT! cast range increased to
1000/15000/2000 and gives bonus Strength if target died under skill's duration.

- Chaos Mage's Raze now no longer deals damage but increased amplify damage stats.
- Disintegrate deals damage once at cost of life.

- Chaos Rider Wild Ride gains bonus effect, Momentum Blows reworked and Trail of Chaos's model size reduced.
# Wild Ride instantly fully charges Momentum Blows.
# Momentum Blows now requires charging its power through movement or attacks,
after fully charged, releasing the charges by basic attack to deals bonus
damage and heals Chaos Rider.

- Crimson Blade's Swift Strike now puts you behind your target.

- Gyrocopter's Rockets! tweaks and Barrage changed to Self-sustained Engine and
Suppressive Fires to Call: Fire Support.
# Rockets! now replenish charges faster as level increases and deals more
damage.
# Self-sustained Engine grants Gyrocopter bonus mana regen, bonus boosted 3
times under the effect of Winding Up.
# Call:Fire Support has 2 seconds delay before starts dealing damage overtime and
slows enemies in the target area over 7 seconds. Also plays a global sound
when use.

- Timecrawler's Blink tweaked and Rewind reworked.
# Blink now requires 0.33 seconds to teleports.
# Rewind changed to instantly restore your life and mana and position back
to where you were 4 seconds ago.

- Warruner's Brutal Strike changed to Savage Grab, Bash changed to
Fervor of Battle.
# Savage Grab - Dealing damage and stuns target while throwing it behind you.
# Fervor of Battle - An aura that grans allies movement speed bonus after
doing their basic attack.

Update v.1.6
- Melee Creep hit points increased to 700 and have bounty gold of 50.
- Ranged Creep hit points increased to 500 and have bounty gold of 40.
- Axe Thrower hit points increased to 600 and have bounty gold of 50.
- Raider Creep hit points increased to 800 and have bounty gold of 60.
- Mountain Giant Rock&Roll damage increases to 100/150/200/250 and increases mana cost to 50/60/70/80.
- Warden Critical Strike chance increases to 20/25/30/35%.
- Warrunner Brutal Strike damage changed to 80/160/240/320
- Golden Plate damage block increased to 25.
- Marvelous Stout Shield passive removed and changed to 3 life regen bonus.
- Enchanted Shield passive removed and changed to 5 life regen bonus.
- Added heroes: Hippogryph Rider and Keeper of the Grove.
- New Item added: Supreme Guard, Crimson Boots, Charger Boots, Metal Boots, Mana Boots, Nature boots.
- Boots of Speed now refunds 100% money and now gives 50 movespeed.
- Added Boots Shop.
- More trees!

Update v.1.5
Strife:Moves to the target and attack it once with 40/70/100/130 bonus damage, then move back.Cooldown: 5/4.5/4/3.5
Warmonger: Damage increased to 20/30/40/50

Headhunter
Far Sight: AoE increases to 400/500/600/700. Cooldown increased to 18 seconds.

Mountain Giant:
Stone Call: Damage changed to 60/80/100/120 with 6/5/4/3 cooldown and mana cost to 40/50/60/70 and summon last 12 seconds
Slam: Mana cost decreased to 50/60/70/80
Rock&Roll: Distance to increases strength decreased to 5000/4000/3000/2000

Pale Rider
Death's Caress: Now gives 50/70/90/110% attack speed, 30/40/50/60 regen and 15/30/45/60 damage attack block.
Imperial March: Skeleton now deals 30+2/3/4/5% of your max hp in damage
Mortal Reminder: Cooldown is now 17 seconds at all levels

Rifleman:
Snipe changed to Flashbang: Throws a flashbang at a target, dealing 50/100/150/200 damage and slowing the target by 100% for 1.25 seconds.
Cooldown: 8
Camper: Attack speed increases to 60/90/120/150%
Headshot: Chance reduced to 10%

- 4 new sets of utility spells, including:
Flare: After a brief delays, reveals a target area for 5 seconds. Cast range: 3500. Cooldown: 180.
Observer Ward: Put a wards on a target area, last 100 seconds. Cooldown: 60.
Smite: Dealing magic damage to target non-hero unit for 300+(hero levelx20 ) damage. Cooldown: 40.
Decoy: Creates an illusion that can't deal damage for 10 seconds. Cooldown: 60

- More tooltip fix

Updated: v.1.4c
- Fixed in game map name didn't show proper version.
- Fixed Multiboard showing old removed creep wave timer and also fxied Special Creep and Frost Wyrm wave didn't properly spawns

(I'm really sure are forgetful)

Updated: v.1.4b
- Priest creep is removed(for real now, my bad I'm so forgetful.)

Updated: v.1.4
- Utility spell Heal, Mana Regain, Blink and Armor Up removed.
- Recall now has no cooldown and stopped if caster is being damaged.
- Dragon creep and Big Creep wave removed.
- Structure has more hit points and now can attack only one target (Crystal Core still have the ability to dealing DoT to random single nearby enemy).
- Mana regen on every hero is halved.
- Dark Ranger ability change. Death Ray to Banshee's Veil(Giving target barrier that absorbs magic damage), Undead's Sleight attack speed reduced and Death Sentence to Piercing Shot(Attack has 32% chances to do bonus damage on and mini-stun target) and fixed Evil Wind bug interaction with Recall(Previously when casting it will start the Recall effect too due to both having the same order).
- Fixed wrong tooltip on Spirit Walker's Teleport (skill still works as intended) and change Unison in to Haste Aura(An aura that increases nearby allies movement speed).
- Elementalist's Freeze and Blinding Light damage lowered.
- Minor terrain works.

Attachments

• Blood for Blood v.1.9.w3x
    1 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Level 2
Since I'm waiting for feedback for my map, here's some feedback from my quick 5min with Lussuria (the stardust priestess)
  • The cooldown for "Heals" utility spells are much lower than what the description states. It should also most likely be called heal?
  • The terrain could use some additional work. Consider looking at some of the other maps hosted online or even the default melee maps from blizzard.
  • Consider adding targeting information regarding your abilities to tooltips. For example, I wasted my first "Starstruck" because I didn't know that it would immediately activate as apposed to say, targeting an area for the spell.
  • I'd consider adding some activated items for intelligence based heroes. For strength and agility heroes, all the stats are useful throughout the game. Intelligence grants mana, which becomes useless once you have more than enough mana to repeatedly cast your abilities. Therefore, I would add more items like Living Vines. Things that use mana when you have more than you can spend.
  • The selection circles for your shops are inconsistent. Recipe 4 for example, is massive!
  • Consider giving the towers creeps of the two teams different models.
  • Some of the icons of abilities do not accurately match their effects. Consider importing some models from this website. It can really help clarify what an ability will do.
  • I liked the wide variety of creeps!
  • Lussurias ultimate stuns for quite a while - I've only played the map once, so I can't really give insight into balance, but long stuns are difficult to balance - and not particularly fun to play against. Just something to watch out for.

Level 4
Since I'm waiting for feedback for my map, here's some feedback from my quick 5min with Lussuria (the stardust priestess)
  • The cooldown for "Heals" utility spells are much lower than what the description states. It should also most likely be called heal?
  • The terrain could use some additional work. Consider looking at some of the other maps hosted online or even the default melee maps from blizzard.
  • Consider adding targeting information regarding your abilities to tooltips. For example, I wasted my first "Starstruck" because I didn't know that it would immediately activate as apposed to say, targeting an area for the spell.
  • I'd consider adding some activated items for intelligence based heroes. For strength and agility heroes, all the stats are useful throughout the game. Intelligence grants mana, which becomes useless once you have more than enough mana to repeatedly cast your abilities. Therefore, I would add more items like Living Vines. Things that use mana when you have more than you can spend.
  • The selection circles for your shops are inconsistent. Recipe 4 for example, is massive!
  • Consider giving the towers creeps of the two teams different models.
  • Some of the icons of abilities do not accurately match their effects. Consider importing some models from this website. It can really help clarify what an ability will do.
  • I liked the wide variety of creeps!
  • Lussurias ultimate stuns for quite a while - I've only played the map once, so I can't really give insight into balance, but long stuns are difficult to balance - and not particularly fun to play against. Just something to watch out for.
Thank you, I'll look in to it.

Level 5
1. Creeps
1a. The Creeps are too diverse. Too much factors to consider and whatnot. This will lead to chaos on the battlefield if people were to play this as multiplayer.
1b. As I said, too diverse. Reduce creep type and remove heal from the priest because the Heal(Neutral) Ability will automatically heal a hero in low health. That being said, there's too much HEAL. The need for healing/support heroes will become pointless.
1c. The Large Creeps make the tower push way too easy. I suggest removing them or making a mode that players can decide if they wish to spawn them.
2. Towers
2a. Towers are too easy to destroy.
2b. The final towers can attack multiple targets? This makes the aggression strategy worthless and thus destroying these towers will be a problem in the future.
3. Heroes - since I have time I've taken the liberty to test out 2 heroes, The Quick Master and Dark Ranger.
3a. Quick Master blink is ultimately overpowered. You already have the blink utility. I suggest removing the blink utility skill, as the need for initiating heroes will lessen and that's very problematic. If there are initiating heroes no one will pick them because everyone has their own blinks and anyone can almost initiate.
3b. Dark Ranger skills not well thought out. They don't coordinate with each other too well. It's almost like she's overpowered. I suggest replace the 2nd skill(the chain attack) with something that coordinates with the other skills. Replace the ultimate ability as well because this makes her overpowered. She's already got that ministun and speed, she does not need the burst damage. Maybe a passive?
3c. Dark Ranger's Undead Sleight will reduce the same amount of percent damage to your base damage whatever your items may be.
Even if you make it 66-70+50 damage, it will still reduce the same amount. It's negating the additional damage. There's something wrong with your code.
3d. As I've said, rebalance your heroes. I've so far tested two heroes but judging from those two the others might need vast modifications. Remove blink utility skill, add initiator heroes. Support heroes? Unclear. Rethink skill coordinations as they make gameplay more thrilling and make players cooperate.
3e. Hero mana regeneration rate is far too fast for the early games.
4. Utility Spells
4a. Recall's cooldown is very short. This makes escape likely to be successful, which is bad for the ones doing the chasing. Make it a minute or a quarter of a minute cooldown, so players will have to make the right decision when and where to recall.
4b. As I've said, remove blink, it is an unnecessary utility spell.
4c. I think the armor increase is a horrendous idea. Just the thought of every armor-reducing skill being negated by a utility spell is unbalanced. If there are heroes such as The Quick Master that has an armor reducing skill, then it will be almost useless as it will get countered by the utility armor spell. This spell is unnecessary.
4d. Heal spell. How about healing and supporting heroes then, what good will they be? I suggest combining the mana and this spell into one(GUI), and adding 2-3 charges. This makes it limited so that healers can still be useful in their jobs. Make it so that the charges replenish when you go back to base, if you want the idea.
5. General
5a. Terraining could be improved
5b. Lack of Hero roles
5c. Lack of Juking spots
5d. Map size is a tad too small for an AoS with 30+ heroes and creeps like these.

Anyway, sorry if it's too much, but an honest feedback is the best feedback.
I hope my ramblings are useful!

Level 2
remove blink

Just a slightly different opinion, but league of legends has blink as a summoner spell and the game is balanced around it - so an AoS where (virtually) everyone has blink can work. I do however agree that the choice to give everyone blink has deep balance implications! Therefore, one can also try to balance it with an extremely long cooldown (5min) and very short range (maybe 450).

Level 5
Just a slightly different opinion, but league of legends has blink as a summoner spell and the game is balanced around it - so an AoS where (virtually) everyone has blink can work. I do however agree that the choice to give everyone blink has deep balance implications! Therefore, one can also try to balance it with an extremely long cooldown (5min) and very short range (maybe 450).

I know. However, that's really not a good move on LoL. Game critics have already commented on this. In LOL, everyone can initiate. In you game however, there are so many diverse roles + blink? Not so good. I think you may have to rebalance everything and remove blink for starters. Once people get to know the game more and once you're finished tweaking everything, you can then decide to add the blink back.

Level 5
Update v.1.4
I really like the changelog. I hope I didn't force it too much on you, but I believe it's a good step. It looks more balanced now. If I have the time I'll play again and check on other heroes. (p.s. the Dark Ranger's new veil skill is actually good since it will protect you if you use undead sleight, as well as the ministun ultimate! great coordination.)

Note: It would be better if you add another utility spell; maybe like a dash utility to increase speed for a very short time, or a utility that gives vision over a nearby area.

Level 4
1.4c updated with mostly bug fixing.

I really like the changelog. I hope I didn't force it too much on you, but I believe it's a good step. It looks more balanced now. If I have the time I'll play again and check on other heroes. (p.s. the Dark Ranger's new veil skill is actually good since it will protect you if you use undead sleight, as well as the ministun ultimate! great coordination.)

Note: It would be better if you add another utility spell; maybe like a dash utility to increase speed for a very short time, or a utility that gives vision over a nearby area.

It's okay you're not forcing me out, I like to do it so that I have something to thinking about.

Current plan is working on more supportive hero that can buff ally's speed so the utility spell that increases movement speed may not be added. I'll stick to 2 type of teleports utility spell first while focusing more on heroes.

Map is not protected by the way so you can open it in Worldedit and adds as much heroes as you like for single player testing. (Note that most spell are gui and most passive skill need you to level it in game to works).

Level 5
Update v.1.4b
Here are some things ive noticed.

1.Towers
1a. I didnt feel the towers become any stronger/more defensive. You can take on a tower with a bunch of creeps in a matter of seconds. What more if it were multiplayer? Add at least 20% more HP.
2. Creeps
2a. Felt more balance
3. Utility Skills
3a. Felt lacking...maybe add one or two more, maybe a sight-giving skill or anything that can be utilized but not be 'too' helpful.
4. Heroes - I've had the time to play as Pale Rider, Rifleman and Avatar of War.
4a. Pale Rider is a very good hero with perfectly coordinated skills altogether. However, I've noticed he's too weak, in early OR in late game. As it stated in the description he is tanky and great at single combat. At this point he will lose in said combat. Add him some armor tweak.
4b. Pale Rider's 3rd and Ultimate skills are noticeably weak in both late and early games. In a long shot, you might be able to get your skeletons to deal up to 60-70 damage(3000+health). Multiplied to 4 skeletons, they will possibly deal 240 damage each second. Now I feel, in the late game, this hero needs to be superior and difficult to defeat. In the early stage this hero is walking food for damage-dealing heroes. It needs to rise up in the late game. I think you should add more attack speed in the 2nd and decrease cooldown. As for the skeletons, instead of 30+1% damage, I think it's better if it's 30+2%(that's a big difference since instead of 60-70 it can deal up to 100.)
4c. Avatar of War. I don't understand the coordination too much. He has a skill that increases damage and speed if you cast a skill. However, you only have 2 skills. It's not convenient. I feel his 2nd skill is not much of importance. Maybe make his 2nd skill a triggered-active ability?
4d. His strife has weak damage increase per level. Reduce the starting level damage but increase the max level damage.
4e. Rifleman is somewhat confusing. He loses damage if enemy units are nearby, therefore requiring him to move, thus resetting his 3rd skill which requires you to stand still for 2 seconds. I suggest removing his 2nd, increase base movespeed, adding a skill that somewhat slows enemies so his 3rd is much more convenient. Do you see the connection? With the slow, he can fire his attacks with his 3rd skill without having to move for a long time because enemies aren't able to move away quickly.
4f. The ultimate is pretty good. However, I tried a little experiment. At level 5 with no items, I deal 400 damage each Headshot. That, my friend, is insane for a level 5. And because it's critical, it's too deadly even for late game. Not asking you to reduce damage. My actual point is that 17% chance is TOO FREQUENT. At an ongoing attack speed due to 3rd, you are bound to get headshots at least three times and kill any hero. Reduce chance to, say, 12 or 10%?
4g. His 3rd needs increase in attack speed.
5. General
5a. Pretty nice update.
5b. Is 3 starting skill level-up points intended? Not asking you to remove, but is it intended?
5c. Nothing more to fix except for individual heroes and above notices.

Level 5
(Note that most spell are gui and most passive skill need you to level it in game to works).
Oh, so the 3 skill points are temporary? I see.

I don't think I have the time to open it up and add heroes/make changes since I'm just playing your map during break times, and I have my own big project to make.

Level 5
If you need any hero suggestions, I used to love making AoS in my early days in the editor. I have a WHOLE NOTEBOOK filled with hero ideas for my old AoS maps. I can give you some, but I think you should focus on tweaking your heroes first.

Level 4
Here are some things ive noticed.
On later update I'll give more armor and health to tower. About Utility Spells, I'm currently thinking about it, a spell that didn't make support hero useless.

Pale Rider: At first skeletons deals much more damage and I thought it's too powerful so I tone it down a bit. I'll buff him next update.
AoW: The reason his spell isn't spammable is because that he can't abuse his passive much. He will have a window of time where he still can be bursted down by magic damage before his passive regen can back him up.
Rifleman: The concept is how you positioning the hero affects his power. If you let the enemy get close you lose the damage but if you choose to retreat you gain damage back but lose attack speed. Thinking of which situation is better, to stay for speed or kite for daamge. But I think I should focus on one of it(from here, maybe attack speed). I'll nerf his crit chance on next one.

The starting 3 level is intended just to make early game fight start sooner.

Level 5
On later update I'll give more armor and health to tower. About Utility Spells, I'm currently thinking about it, a spell that didn't make support hero useless.

Pale Rider: At first skeletons deals much more damage and I thought it's too powerful so I tone it down a bit. I'll buff him next update.
AoW: The reason his spell isn't spammable is because that he can't abuse his passive much. He will have a window of time where he still can be bursted down by magic damage before his passive regen can back him up.
Rifleman: The concept is how you positioning the hero affects his power. If you let the enemy get close you lose the damage but if you choose to retreat you gain damage back but lose attack speed. Thinking of which situation is better, to stay for speed or kite for daamge. But I think I should focus on one of it(from here, maybe attack speed). I'll nerf his crit chance on next one.

The starting 3 level is intended just to make early game fight start sooner.

I still think you need to remove the Rifleman's second skill and add a slow; that way it's easier to maneuver with enemies. Also, add at least 100 or 150 attack range, since we all know this hero will be a powerful damage dealer early-late, I'm guessing everyone will go after him first logically.
Avatar of War: I understand. However, you will make him completely useless in late game. He will get attacked physically and with his skills, he's pretty easy to nuke. Like I said, increase Strife damage A LOT. He can't really abuse his passive with a few set of skills. Suppose you should:
a. Increase strife damage by a ton
b. Maintain strife and just increase damage gained by passive
c. Decrease cooldown for Strife.
One more note: What's making him Overpowered is his Strife damage lingering even if you have attacked a unit. It's better not to.

Level 5
Update v.1.5
I tried out more heroes on my spare time.

Red General
a. Very overpowered, can take on towers on early game without effort(I literally took down a bunch of creeps and a tower so fast with my regeneration rate). The idea is good, but I suggest reducing the regen from 5/6/7/8 to 3/5/7/9. This way, he's not that overpowered in the early game. 9 regen at late game is not short of balanced, but not overpowered either so I suggest you go with that.

Warden
a. Overall good skill coordination, 10/10 Hero.
b. Apprehend is useless in early game. 3 seconds of Apprehend can only get you just one/two attacks in. Instead of 3/4/5 seconds, Make it 5/6/7 seconds instead. This will make this hero more deadly than she already is, but is still balanced enough to fight.
c. Critical strike chance is too rare. The damage multiplier is already low, so don't lower the chance as well. Increase chance to at least 20% or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.