1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Blood and Magic

Submitted by Icanebal
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
BLOOD AND MAGIC

It's a 3V3 Strategy game.

Work on both Reforged and Classic.

Reproduction of the old strategy game "Blood and Magic". [1996]

I really love this game and I wish for a remake of it. The gameplay is so unique and I would like to share my passion with everyone.

Mana is your only ressource to make units, structures and to cast spells. Use it wisely.

You have one type of unit to create soldiers or to gather Mana. Find the balance.

All spells are linked to your ressource. You have to choose between casting or making units.

All different spells and unique mechanics are faithfully reproduced :

Units : Basal Golem, Wizard, Paladin, Fury,...

Spells : Fear AOE, Charm AOE, Convert, Ignite,...

Items : Veil of Virtue, Jade Stone, Mana Sphere,...

Some features from the original game are a bit different to balance all type of structures.

AI is fully functional.

You can play against and with.

You can even choose the difficulty at start.

AI replaces leavers.

Credits :

Special thanks to Hive Community. Uncle (who has been very helpful), PurgeandFire (and his dynamic indexing tutorial).

Changelog: V1.1

-Fix a bug with furies.
-Fix a win and lose condition.

Changelog: V1.2

-Nerf Charm, Fear and Ignite.
-Fix Win/Lose conditon.

Changelog: V1.3

-Nerf Heal/Repair.
-Bloodforge has a rally-point.
-New tips.

Changelog: V1.4

-New tutorial.
-AI replaces leavers.
-Fix minors bugs.

Changelog: V1.4.1

- Buff Barracks.

Changelog: V1.4.2

- Fix gather mana glitch.

Changelog: V1.4.3

-Nerf Paladin Heal
-Improve Teal start

Changelog: V1.4.4

-Nerf Charm and Fear
-Buff Convert (range)
-Nerf Gnome

Changelog: V1.5

-Finely : Basal Golem turns automatically in his Obelisk form.
-Vote for tutorial
-Structures detect better obelisks nearby.
Contents

Blood and Magic v1.5 (Map)

Reviews
Shar Dundred
Map seems to work fine. Approved!
  1. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  2. Icanebal

Icanebal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oops ! Sorry... Ok, I will check this out and be compliant with the rules :D

3. Icanebal

Icanebal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is it better ?

4. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  5. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map seems to work fine.
    Approved!

6. Icanebal

Icanebal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  7. noob

noob

Resources:
    Resources:
    I liked blood and magic a lot.
    I wondered once if I should make a map based on it.
    Now I will be able to play BAM in warcraft(if it works with 1.27).
    This map is 50 kinds of epic but I wonder why you did not specify that spells now have a cool-down.
    I would also like to know if you kept the terrain bonuses.
    Also how do I skip the starting video?
    Also in regular blood and magic when I had a lot of obelisks and reached maximum mana I could store mana in obelisks by stopping to harvest then harvesting as I spent while it is no longer the case here.(maybe simulate that by raising mana cap depending on the obelisk count and lowering when you remove an obelisk?)
    Can you also add autoobelisk on idle?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020 at 8:15 PM
  8. Icanebal

Icanebal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    At first I let them without cooldown but it was hard to balance this. In the original game, all actions are way slower so it's not really a problem. In warcraft, everything is faster, I had to make choices to keep a balanced game. :) Like charm who last 30 second in the original game. This is soooo long haha. It lasts now only 5 seconds and it's enough.

I didn't set ground bonuses. I can do it but it implies not to allow some creatures in a certain type of ground and it's hard to do. However, it's a a feature not really necessary in my point. (and hard to understand for new players who don't even know the game, trust me haha)

I didn't put a skip functionality, but I can look at it. I'm looking for making a vote at start to skip or not. But I don't know how to do and I have to learn on Hive. It's not my priority right now because there is a lot of new players and it only last 1 minute hehe. But it will be a new feature one day lol.

I've make an automatic harvesting you don't have in the original game, and I missed it when I played to, lol. It was hard to make a spell alike the original one.

I worked a lot to make an autoobelisk on idle and unfortunatly, I didn't achieve my goal. It's impossible to detect a standing unit in the standard worldeditor. So I used a trigger made by Bribe : "Is unit moving?". It detects the movement of a unit BUT, it didn't detect current attack order. (Even if I put the condition). So when a golem was attacking, he turned immediatly in an obelisk form...

Anyway, I'm so happy you enjoyed it ! :) It means a lot from a blood and magic player ;)