• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizzard.com Ice1.jpg Teaser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Well, I'm not sure about that. Blizzard has a well known unannounced project for a long while now. There is a Hel rune symbol from Diablo II in the ice and I think peeps at sc2pod have given a nice theory about this whole picture. I hope it is the start of a riddle-like thing which would lead to the announcement of a project since I don't give a damn about WotLK.

Last edited:
Diablo 3 teaser? Or what?

First day, when going to blizzards site, It shows us this: http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.wowinsider.com/media/2008/06/ice1.jpg
Today, it shows us:
http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/diablo3/wwi-2008-teaser/day2-ice2.jpg

Last time there was a splash screen, a while ago, it was "Hell, its about time" and sc2 was annouced. Whats your thoughts? It looks like WotLK-type image with the ice and all, but thats allready accouned. WWI (Worldwide Invitational) is in about a week. It looks like images will be posted each day, showing the ice "melt" or "open" and relveal it.

Thoughts? Here's some other peoples:

If you are web savvy, you could of looked at the splash source code and found the following image:
http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/04.jpg

It seems some people have tried to figure it out:
http://www.worldofwar.net/n/414868/blizzard-image-solved
It's blue, it's crystalline, it looks like someone cracked the inside of a geode with a fluorescent lamp. Am I seeing things? Is that a face peeking out of the left side of the drawing with an inward spiral bored into the forehead? Faint reddish quasi-runic lines just below the ice-like veneer?

The source code for the page refers to the picture as "icefield," suggesting Blizzard may be planning to "melt" away sections of the splash over coming days.

See the full-sized picture for yourself. It's what you hit when you type www.blizzard.com into a browser, and it's up mere days before the 2008 Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational, where StarCraft 2 was announced last year. This year, the rumor mill's been hard at the business of proclaiming the imminent arrival of Diablo 3.

Whole Article Here

---- ---- ---- ----
Hell Monkeys!

Today (monday) there are 2 runes visible (yeah, one was added) and they are the shael (first one) and hel (second one) runes from Diablo II. There is even more proof.

Diablo3Proof1.jpg

Diablo3Proof2.jpg

why would they make all this hype for something that they already announced? What, it will melt away to show arthas? No, no, I don't think that will be it.

Notice:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/

It has already been anounched, they already gave the details for it.

--------------------

and Blizzard recentrly aquired the diablo3 domain. Hum...

Someone affiliated with Blizzard posted this in a blog...

http://jadefury.blogspot.com/2008/06...nced-soon.html

"Hell has finally frozen over." Diablo anyone?

Have you tried going to Diablo3.com recently? It was acquired by Blizzard from the owner of a Diablo fan site. (Now diablofans.com) It usually directs to Blizzard.com, but now it is down and you can not connect to it. Perhaps they are working on it?
Senior 3D Environment Artist

Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of Diablo and Diablo II, is looking for a senior 3D environment artist skilled at creating models and texture maps for both architectural and natural environments. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The senior environment artist must have experience mentoring a team and have a skill in another art task as well (illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing) and be well-versed in related tools -- Maya, Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.

Quote:3D Environment Artist

Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of Diablo and Diablo II, is looking for a 3D environment artist skilled at creating models and texture maps for both objects and natural environments. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The environment artist must have a skill in another art task as well (illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing) and be well-versed in related tools -- Maya, Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.

Quote:Associate 3D Environment Artist

Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of Diablo and Diablo II, is looking for an associate 3D environment artist skilled at creating models and texture maps for both objects and natural environments. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The associate environment artist must have a skill in another art task as well (illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing) and be well-versed in related tools -- Maya, Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.

Why would they randomly mention that they developed diablo and diablo II? I think anyone going for this job already knows what games bizz makes... Sounds to me like Diablo Three!

Plus, assuming they can get most of the diablo II team to work on this, what would they need for diablo III? 3D artists!

Last edited:
Another person, talking about jobs they are looking for:

Senior 3D Environment Artist

Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of Diablo and Diablo II, is looking for a senior 3D environment artist skilled at creating models and texture maps for both architectural and natural environments. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The senior environment artist must have experience mentoring a team and have a skill in another art task as well (illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing) and be well-versed in related tools -- Maya, Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.

Quote:3D Environment Artist

Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of Diablo and Diablo II, is looking for a 3D environment artist skilled at creating models and texture maps for both objects and natural environments. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The environment artist must have a skill in another art task as well (illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing) and be well-versed in related tools -- Maya, Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.

Quote:Associate 3D Environment Artist

Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of Diablo and Diablo II, is looking for an associate 3D environment artist skilled at creating models and texture maps for both objects and natural environments. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The associate environment artist must have a skill in another art task as well (illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing) and be well-versed in related tools -- Maya, Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.

Why would they randomly mention that they developed diablo and diablo II? I think anyone going for this job already knows what games bizz makes... Sounds to me like Diablo Three!

Plus, assuming they can get most of the diablo II team to work on this, what would they need for diablo III? 3D artists!

Level 27
Maybe this has to do with the new franchise, or maybe it is diablo 3. I hope they make it dark, sinister and with very much gore and monsters. I would love to enter those dungeons in 3d with CoD4-Like graphics, who i think already looked pretty creepy from above they may be even better in 3d.

Level 34
I sure hopes it's not WotLK. Why make a big deal about that? Everyone knows about it, and there would be no point in hyping it up since it would just be a big let down for most people.

Level 17
Yes, I agree with Gilles. As I said fans all around the world have gone crazy about this. If Blizzard would tell people that "Ooops, we were just going to announce WotLK release date" a lot of them would turn emo and cry a river. And I think the article at sc2pod.com was pretty convincing.

Level 9
probably something to do with the new WOW expansion (Ice anyone?) or SC2 (the crystals look like ice...)

Level 27
Yes, I agree with Gilles. As I said fans all around the world have gone crazy about this. If Blizzard would tell people that "Ooops, we were just going to announce WotLK release date" a lot of them would turn emo and cry a river. And I think the article at sc2pod.com was pretty convincing.

Yes, but there still rests the question: WTF IS IT!!!!!?? o_O

Because.. the runes... they make no sense.... will this be? World of Stablocraft?

Level 17
Yea, there are 2 diablo runes on the spalsh screen so far and the third rune resembles 2 diablo runes and the first rune on Frostmourne. Hmm, well we'll most probably know what's this all about by saturday.

Yes, it's true that we don't know much about what's going to be in WotLK so we can't really say that it's possibly related to WotLK, but as I said, I really hope it's some unannounced game's teaser.

By the way. I forgot to mention in the reply to the second post that ice can mean a Diablo sequel too. The Diablo 2 Expansion pack took place in an icy environment.

Level 23
Eccho hides under remarine's table

Back to topic, nice...

Still I cant believe in this already... I dont want to be disappointed if Blizzard has decided to fool us all (dont looks that way atm but still), and my exaggurated behavior will start after WWI in that case:eek:

Level 27
Yea, there are 2 diablo runes on the spalsh screen so far and the third rune resembles 2 diablo runes and the first rune on Frostmourne. Hmm, well we'll most probably know what's this all about by saturday.

Yes, it's true that we don't know much about what's going to be in WotLK so we can't really say that it's possibly related to WotLK, but as I said, I really hope it's some unannounced game's teaser.

By the way. I forgot to mention in the reply to the second post that ice can mean a Diablo sequel too. The Diablo 2 Expansion pack took place in an icy environment.

I would rather love it more to see Diablo 3, telling how the story ends (Although we thought it was actually done?) Rather then somekind of unknown project. I thought about it yesterday, i would love to smash those fallen in full HD with direct X10 =p

But if it is a new franchise, why would they put all those runes on it. Maybe they're just counting down for something else?

Btw, look at this http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/splash.html
Why would they put it on the WoW website? ......

Level 2
I don't want to sound sceptical or too newbie...
But...

They've put it on WoW website, almost any site that connects to Blizzard. It has Runes all around... Think about it. :)

Can't reveal secrets that I know from my cousin (was part of Blizz for some time : Syleona), but if you think logically you'll figure it out. The job requests were for a Secret Project at some place, a secret... MMO. Yup...

All this comes down to me as Diablo 3 - MMO style.

Level 27
I don't want to sound sceptical or too newbie...
But...

They've put it on WoW website, almost any site that connects to Blizzard. It has Runes all around... Think about it. :)

Can't reveal secrets that I know from my cousin (was part of Blizz for some time : Syleona), but if you think logically you'll figure it out. The job requests were for a Secret Project at some place, a secret... MMO. Yup...

All this comes down to me as Diablo 3 - MMO style.

I also thought about that possibility, a Diablo MMO, but they said they would create a totally new MMO no? So if they said that, it can't be diablo.

Level 12
Sorry to say,but as far as i can see,this was just supposed to be an announcement for WOTLK coming out soon,and fans made a big deal out of it.

Level 12
As seen on WoW's original site:

The resource mechanics for death knights are runes and runic power. A skilled death knight makes efficient, timely use of runes and runic power to maximize his or her damage-dealing or tanking abilities.

Maybe the runes on the splash screen are related to this?

And the game will not be Diablo III,i can bet my ass on that,even though i would love to see the game.

Why?

Its almost painful how a ton of people looks for similarities between the ice picture and Diablo so hard,that they have completely neglected the main proof that the splash screen is related to WoW:

-Its on the WoW official site.I dont see why Blizzard would announce a new non-WoW related game on the World of Warcraft site.Even if this was the case,then we should expect to see it on the Starcraft official site too.But,there is no splash screen there.

-Diablo,Warcraft,Starcraft and WoW all have different and unique artwork.This has WOTLK written all over it.Blizzard was just trying to make an interesting countdown till Wrath of The Lich King is done,and it got a bit out of hand.

Level 27
-Its on the WoW official site.I dont see why Blizzard would announce a new non-WoW related game on the World of Warcraft site.Even if this was the case,then we should expect to see it on the Starcraft official site too.But,there is no splash screen there.

-Diablo,Warcraft,Starcraft and WoW all have different and unique artwork.This has WOTLK written all over it.Blizzard was just trying to make an interesting countdown till Wrath of The Lich King is done,and it got a bit out of hand.

Yes, the first one busts everything actually.

And something else.

If you look closly at the image you can see that the vague image looks an awfull lot like the crown of the lich king.

lichkingko3.png

The red lines i drawed on the image are the crown, the rest would offcourse be the body.

wrath-of-the-lich-king.jpg

See, look at the shape of the crown.

And now see this...

protosshead.jpg

How a protoss looks. It couldn't be a protoss because of the lines you see at the bottom, they are cleary visible at the crown of the lich king.

Im just making up a theory here. Dont blame me if im wrong =p

Last edited:

Its NOT just on Offical wow site, its also on just blizzards main site, its not directly related to WoW. As for offical starcraft site, its not a seperate site. Its part of the other site. If you do to WotLK it doesnt show it either.

As for being icey thus being Wotlk I STRONGLY dissagree, I don't think it points to any spific game (That means not diablo, too.) just the blizzard = Heavy snow storm and generally has a blue\cold theme. As the three runes currently clearly show from each game, and WotLK is allready accouned, I don't see why it would have anything to do with WotLK really. It doesnt look like diablo, either.

They allready said that they WOULD NOT announce it ahead of time, so I don't think they would make the picture give it away either, however they did say a game would be announced. (Or so I was told)

Im waiting untill WWI, not betting on anything.

Level 12
As for being icey thus being Wotlk I STRONGLY dissagree, I don't think it points to any spific game (That means not diablo, too.) just the blizzard = Heavy snow storm and generally has a blue\cold theme.

I wasnt referring to the icey envorionment,i was referring to the style in which the ice was drawn.Its exactly the same as the ice on WOTLK.

They allready said that they WOULD NOT announce it ahead of time, so I don't think they would make the picture give it away either, however they did say a game would be announced.
Found what I was talking about:
Ahead of this weekend's Blizzard Worldwide Invitational in Paris the frenzy of speculation around what the company's "big news" would be has increased further with the VP of design, Rob Pardo, hinting that it might be a new title.

In a question and answer session that concluded this year's GDC Paris, Pardo was asked directly if he could talk more about "the new game" that rumours have strongly suggested will be Diablo 3.

"So you want me to announce the game before our announcement?" he said. "No offense, but I think there's like 300 people here, and I'll be ripped apart by 8000 people there [at the Invitational] if I pre-announce it - but it's going to be really exciting. I think everybody here will be really excited about the announcement."
[|||||||]

Most of blizzards artwork is fairly simular IMO, Japut3h. Sc2 looked\looks cartoony, they said it was becuase they had been working on WoW so much they couldnt get out of the habit of making things cartoony, I wouldnt be suprised if the ice looked kinda like the ice in WoW too. It sounds like you mostly just want it to be WotLK like other people want it to be diablo... :p

Level 12
To be honest,the last thing i want this to be related to is WOTLK,since the game is already coming out and any additional speculation about it is useless.But reality is a big muscular hand that tends to slap people in the face sometimes.

If it was Diablo III,i would be among the first ones to celebrate.

Anyway,it looks like WOTLK to me,but i didnt see what this Pardo guy said before.

Maybe its a new title afterall.tho it might prove to be a disappointment as well.

Level 14
I, for one, hope it is Diablo III. I was always for SC first, then Diablo, and now only recently I've gotten into wc3.

I would certainly hope it's Diablo 3 because it's long overdue for a good Diablo game.

Status
Not open for further replies.