• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blink Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ermmm.....I like to know :I make a special Anti-Mage'blink trigger,the effect just like Dota tranperency.I want to make illusion when he cast this spell.How to make it?Help me please~~~:goblin_jawdrop::goblin_jawdrop::goblin_jawdrop:

Level 12
well should be a better way to create a dummy unit and cast item Illusion ability on the blinking unit

in more details:

(first make a dummy unit in object editor and give him the Item Illusion spell)
save the location where u used the spell to a point variable
create a dummy unit next to the unit
cast illusion with dummy unit on unit
remove dummy unit
instantly move unit to saved point
remove location *point variable*
and maybe set the effects that u want

that's why its better to just use a dummy unit that has locust and looks like magina than using a dummy ability... not to say that using illusion will make the unit look blue... and magina's copy is normally colored so obviously its not an illusion, and fades away over time...

the only time you trigger blink is if you want it to be usable on unrevealed terrain...

Level 2
ermm how with the phantom lancer's dropple walk?i like to know how to make it.Any idea or comment will be good for me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.