• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

why this map lag so much on multiplayer??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
this map is maked by a chinese guy(not me)..when playing on multiplayer.it will
lag so much,and i just want to solve this problem .any help to be appreciated....:goblin_jawdrop:

Attachments

• [sunness]伏魔战记3.9J.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Level 16
Moin moin =(

Bad this map is protected, so at all you can't solve the problem, because you have to hack it for deprotection.

Thing is, does it lag from beginning or when you played for some minutes or what ever? But anyway I guess there are tons of leaks or maybe some corrupted stuff, which doesn't work correctly. Or the creator just used a wrong editor or something .. as long we can't open it, we can guess what we want

Edit: After taking a look into the map, just the trigger file of the map, I see hundreds of leaks, also he use mass gui triggers, which are a lot of bj's and if leaks and gui are fixed, this map could be wonderful :p

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Level 2
Moin moin =(

Bad this map is protected, so at all you can't solve the problem, because you have to hack it for deprotection.

Thing is, does it lag from beginning or when you played for some minutes or what ever? But anyway I guess there are tons of leaks or maybe some corrupted stuff, which doesn't work correctly. Or the creator just used a wrong editor or something .. as long we can't open it, we can guess what we want

Edit: After taking a look into the map, just the trigger file of the map, I see hundreds of leaks, also he use mass gui triggers, which are a lot of bj's and if leaks and gui are fixed, this map could be wonderful :p

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom
hmm...it lag when we played for about 80 minutes..
as long we can't open it, we can guess what we wantGreetings and Peace
Dr. Boom
hmmm...you can extract anything you want through this tool.

Attachments

• HkeW3mModifier2.0.rar
    1,015.4 KB · Views: 49
Level 2
i heard that it's inefficient when you use function "polled wait" or "TriggerSleepAction" ,someone said that we should use timer instead of them.and i wonder that if it will cause a lag when using either
of them??:vw_wtf:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
TriggerSleepAction will cause lag if used a lot due to it generating net traffic. It however will not cause any performance problems (it does not waste time).

Polled wait leaks, unless you use a custom function which works simlarly.

Anyway, the bad performance of the map is caused by leaks. This is why you should not make maps unless you know what you are doing.

Level 27
Anyway, the bad performance of the map is caused by leaks. This is why you should not make maps unless you know what you are doing.

Well yes, all that lag is because of leaks that make map lag and lag more and finaly crash the game.

Erm, and you can still make maps without knwing the trrigers, if you're gonna edit only the terrain and data. And http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorials/ here you can learn a lot about how to avoid leaks and oter mistakes in your mpas and code efficiently.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Lag is not bad performance.

Running 100s of damage area calls per second will cause horrible lag but the game will still run at 60 frames per second. Equally well, runnin a demanding loop can cause horribly low frame rate but your orders will still be executed very quickly.

Low performance eventually does cause lag, as the responses are only generated every frame. Lag is when you have responsivness problems (orders take ages to execute, waiting for player occours a lot).

Status
Not open for further replies.