• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

.blend to .3ds/.obj to .mdx - Trying to convert a model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I am trying to figuring out what a model created in Blender needs to be properly exported to .3ds/.obj to be able to be exported to .mdx using Gmax.

Could someone be so kind and convert the models for me, please ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, that would be awesome, I asked some time ago a creator of plugins, he said it would actually be easy, but it is considered as not useful, as Blender isn't a mainstream tool in Warcraft modding.

Well, you converted a few small model for me in the past, consisting of only a few triangles. The texturing does not matter to me, I can do it in Mdlvis, but I need the mesh from Blender to mdx somehow ( everything would be even greater though).

Forgot to triangulate the model. Could you please convert this one ? I hope it works due to its simplicity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Thanks a lot! It works

Did you change anything ? Or did you just converted the obj to mdx, without modifying ?

Status
Not open for further replies.