• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

BladeMasterCombo

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
2 spells for blade master, nice looking combo.
Incredible Attack - moves hero to target point, dealing damage to enemies in area and stuns.
Charge of Chaos - releases 3 shockwave toward hero, dealing damage to enemies in a line.

updated

Keywords:
BladeMasterCombo
Contents

Blade Master Combo (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 16:25, 31st Mar 2010 The_Reborn_Devil: Both spells leak and Incredible Attack is too simple. Status: Rejected until updated Rating: N/A

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

16:25, 31st Mar 2010
The_Reborn_Devil:
Both spells leak and Incredible Attack is too simple.

Rating: N/A

Level 31
1) Does not reset animation upon using it. It could cause an awkward animation if you do not reset it upon being used.
2) No proper documentation.
3) Instead of using casting unit, use triggering unit cause it was instant and far efficient.
4) Using integer A (Not a wise decision, it was recommended to use variable for it to ease newbie map maker)
5) Spells should be turn off if it was not in used. Especially those use peoridic time.
6) Position of casting unit leak, it should be stored into variable.
7) You could have use Loop to shorten and make the charge spells much better and less call.

1/5 (Unacceptable)

By the way I see, you submit way too much spells without trying to learn the basic concept of triggering. Without learning the basic concept of it, there is no way your spells could be approve no matter how fancy the sfx would be.
Spells was approve with the efficiency as the top priority, not the sfx.

You should have notice and get the hint out of it especially when you had submitted more than 3 spells and none of it get approve.

Failure to follow the rules of the spells submission was also part of the reason why your spells was rejected as well.

Level 31
It is stil unacceptable because

1) Do not contain documentation.
2) It is still inefficient, you could have use loop to shorten 15 call into 5 call (I am referring to the Charge B trigger where you summon 3 dummy unit to cast the spells).
3) Put all those if/then/else into if/then/else instead of having it separated in the trigger files.

To put it more bluntly it was like this

• Action
  • If/Then/Else
    • If/Then/Else
      • If/Then/Else
Instead of making all the if/then/else was called even when it was unnecesary like what you did below.

• Action
  • If/Then/Else
  • If/Then/Else
  • If/Then/Else
Do you know why it had to be done this way? So, if the 1st if/then/else condition does not met, only then the trigger would check the 2nd if/then/else condition and hence reducing the call instead of checking all 3 condition of 3 if/then/else.

Still 1/5 (Unacceptable)

Level 9
• HaniBon Spell Review •

Spell Review :spell_breaker:
By HaniBon

Read Me First!

Hello dear spell creator!
My name is HaniBon and I am here to review your spell.
I will first check your triggers and object data to make sure everything is as it should. If not, I will tell you what to do to fix the problems. Once we are done with that part, I will tell you what I like and did not like with your spell. Don't worry, I am not a moderator of HiveWorkshop. I cannot approve or reject your spell, I can only give you my personal thought.

If you did not like my review, send a PM to me and explain what you think I did wrong. I only make this review to help you in further spells and give you feedback. Now, let's go on with the review shall we?
:wink:

Ok Mr, I saw you cannot upload your triggers because of your russian computer. However, I can do this for you.
Charge of Chaos.
  • Charge A
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Charge of Chaos
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • coc_Switch Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on Charge B <gen>
        • Else - Actions
      • Set coc_Switch = (coc_Switch + 1)
      • Set coc_CastNumber = (coc_CastNumber + 1)
      • Set coc_Caster[coc_CastNumber] = (Casting unit)
      • Set coc_point = (Position of coc_Caster[coc_CastNumber])
      • Unit - Pause coc_Caster[coc_CastNumber]
      • Animation - Play coc_Caster[coc_CastNumber]'s slam animation
      • Animation - Change coc_Caster[coc_CastNumber]'s animation speed to 95.00% of its original speed
      • Unit - Create 1 Effect: Blademaster for (Owner of coc_Caster[coc_CastNumber]) at coc_point facing (Facing of coc_Caster[coc_CastNumber]) degrees
      • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s animation speed to 85.00% of its original speed
      • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 50.00% transparency
      • Animation - Play (Last created unit)'s slam animation
      • Set coc_Effect1[coc_CastNumber] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Effect: Blademaster for (Owner of coc_Caster[coc_CastNumber]) at coc_point facing (Facing of coc_Caster[coc_CastNumber]) degrees
      • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s animation speed to 80.00% of its original speed
      • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 75.00% transparency
      • Animation - Play (Last created unit)'s slam animation
      • Set coc_Effect2[coc_CastNumber] = (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_coc_point)
  • Charge B
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer coc) from 1 to coc_CastNumber, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • coc_Caster[coc] Not equal to No unit
            • Then - Actions
              • Set coc_Timer[coc] = (coc_Timer[coc] + 0.04)
              • Set coc_heroorigin = (Position of coc_Caster[coc])
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of coc_Caster[coc] using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIfb\AIfbSpecialArt.mdl
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
              • Unit - Move coc_Effect1[coc] instantly to coc_heroorigin, facing (Facing of coc_Caster[coc]) degrees
              • Unit - Move coc_Effect2[coc] instantly to coc_heroorigin, facing (Facing of coc_Caster[coc]) degrees
                • If - Conditions
                  • coc_Timer[coc] Equal to 0.32
                • Then - Actions
                  • Animation - Change coc_Caster[coc]'s animation speed to 5.00% of its original speed
                  • Animation - Change coc_Effect1[coc]'s animation speed to 15.00% of its original speed
                  • Animation - Change coc_Effect2[coc]'s animation speed to 20.00% of its original speed
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • coc_Timer[coc] Equal to 0.56
                • Then - Actions
                  • Animation - Change coc_Caster[coc]'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
                  • Animation - Change coc_Effect1[coc]'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
                  • Animation - Change coc_Effect2[coc]'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • coc_Timer[coc] Equal to 0.80
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Create 1 SpellCaster for (Owner of coc_Caster[coc]) at coc_heroorigin facing (Facing of coc_Caster[coc]) degrees
                  • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                  • Unit - Add Shockwave (ChargeOfChaos) to (Last created unit)
                  • Unit - Set level of Shockwave (ChargeOfChaos) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Charge of Chaos for coc_Caster[coc])
                  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (coc_heroorigin offset by 300.00 towards ((Facing of (Last created unit)) + 0.00) degrees)
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Create 1 SpellCaster for (Owner of coc_Caster[coc]) at coc_heroorigin facing (Facing of coc_Caster[coc]) degrees
                      • Unit - Set level of Shockwave (ChargeOfChaos) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Charge of Chaos for coc_Caster[coc])
                      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (coc_heroorigin offset by 300.00 towards ((Facing of (Last created unit)) + 25.00) degrees)
                        • If - Conditions
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (coc_heroorigin offset by 300.00 towards ((Facing of (Last created unit)) - 25.00) degrees)
                        • Else - Actions
                    • Else - Actions
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • coc_Timer[coc] Equal to 1.00
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set coc_Switch = (coc_Switch - 1)
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (coc_heroorigin offset by 150.00 towards (Facing of coc_Caster[coc]) degrees) using Abilities\Weapons\PhoenixMissile\Phoenix_Missile.mdl
                  • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                  • Unit - Unpause coc_Caster[coc]
                  • Unit - Remove coc_Effect1[coc] from the game
                  • Unit - Remove coc_Effect2[coc] from the game
                  • Unit - Order coc_Caster[coc] to Stop
                  • Animation - Reset coc_Caster[coc]'s animation
                  • Set coc_Caster[coc] = No unit
                  • Set coc_Effect1[coc] = No unit
                  • Set coc_Effect2[coc] = No unit
                    • If - Conditions
                      • coc_Switch Equal to 0
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                    • Else - Actions
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_coc_heroorigin)
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
Incredible Attack
  • Attack A
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Incredible Attack
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ia_Switch Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on Attack B <gen>
        • Else - Actions
      • Set ia_CastNumber = (ia_CastNumber + 1)
      • Set ia_Switch = (ia_Switch + 1)
      • Set ia_Caster[ia_CastNumber] = (Casting unit)
      • Set ia_Point[ia_CastNumber] = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set ia_Distance[ia_CastNumber] = (Distance between (Position of ia_Caster[ia_CastNumber]) and ia_Point[ia_CastNumber])
      • Set ia_Angle[ia_CastNumber] = (Angle from (Position of ia_Caster[ia_CastNumber]) to ia_Point[ia_CastNumber])
      • Animation - Play ia_Caster[ia_CastNumber]'s slam animation
      • Unit - Turn collision for ia_Caster[coc_CastNumber] Off
  • Attack B
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer ia) from 1 to ia_CastNumber, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ia_Caster[ia] Not equal to No unit
            • Then - Actions
              • Set ia_Distance[ia] = (ia_Distance[ia] - 50.00)
              • Unit - Move ia_Caster[ia] instantly to (ia_Point[ia] offset by ia_Distance[ia] towards (ia_Angle[ia] + 180.00) degrees), facing ia_Point[ia]
                • If - Conditions
                  • ia_Distance[ia] Less than or equal to 50.00
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Create 1 SpellCaster for (Owner of ia_Caster[ia]) at ia_Point[ia] facing Default building facing degrees
                  • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                  • Unit - Add Stun (Incredible Attack) to (Last created unit)
                  • Unit - Set level of Stun (Incredible Attack) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Incredible Attack for ia_Caster[ia])
                  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Special Warlock - Inferno ia_Point[ia]
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_ia_Point[udg_ia])
                  • Unit - Turn collision for ia_Caster[ia] On
                  • Set ia_Caster[ia] = No unit
                  • Set ia_Switch = (ia_Switch - 1)
                    • If - Conditions
                      • ia_Switch Equal to 0
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                    • Else - Actions
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So, there's the triggers for y'all :wink:
Okay, let's move on to the more detailed information.

----------------------- IMPORTANT ----------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the part of the review that you should read carefully.
Please note: I might have missed some things, if you think anything in the information below should be changed, let me know!

Spell(s) Language: GUI (Triggering).
Spell(s) MUI: Yes
Spell(s) Leakless: Yes

The Negative:

1: Imported Files: 2 (Not Good Dude!)
2: The hero laggs a bit when he uses the spell: Incredible Attack.
- You should make this spell a bit smoother.
3: The spell effects should be made a bit more advanced. The spells are sort of too simple. Sorry :-/
4: There is no documentation in the triggers... Not good!

The Posetive:

1: The spells works just fine :wink:
2: The effects are working good, BUT, you should add some special effects, maybe some flames or something :razz:

So, should this be approved?
- No...
You have no documentation, you have imported resources, your spells seem to be way to simple and the spells are a bit laggy.
So no, I am sorry. I don't think this will be approved
:cry:

Level 9
HaniBon, thanks for triggers and review ;) I am not interested in updating this spell =)
what I already know - in trigger B location leak with Polar Offset, laggy not preloaded effects =)

I hope you will review my other spells like this ;)

Level 9
Okey :)
Well good luck on your next spells!
Just PM me if you want me to do a new review on your other spells :)