• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black Hydra

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
Hi peeps,

Here's a little model of mine, I spent a lot of time in it and I'm quite happy of the result :)

It's supposed to be a dragon/hydra monster, concept is taken from Final Fantasy Tactics (see here, sorry there aren't many pictures of it on the web)

Basically, it's a heavily reworked model of WC3's black dragon. Skeleton has been redone from scratch, and I used hydra's animations, plus a whole custom set of flying animations, using the "Alternate" tag.

Known issues:

- Changing flying height for flying animations will cause some of them to seem a bit off, especially the death animation. Unfortunately I can't see any workaround for this.
- Filesize is a bit heavy, I apologize.
- No teamcolor except for the portrait background. My plan was to use it as an enemy creep so I didn't add some :p (lamest excuse 2016)

Hope you'll like it anyways!

Update 1 - Added missing attachment points
Contents

Black Hydra (Model)

Reviews
The_Silent
MODERATION Awaiting Update The model has some pretty visible issues ingame, during the walk animation the wings 'snap' down at the end of every animation. Also the neck texture is too repeated, try using the full stretch of the dragon rather than just...
Level 8
Yup, the file size is a bit heavy.
Although I know it is a creep unit, maybe it could look better with team color.

Good work!

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Very cool! Lots of hard work went into this, and a flying hydragon is a sick concept. I kinda feel like the orientation of the heads/necks is a little wonky; like the two extra heads almost look like arms (or rather, the way the necks & heads are oriented suggests to some two giant arms/hands on a black dragon/hydra body.

Level 5
Good model, but Imo hydras are supposed to be a giant snake with multiple heads according to Greek mythology. They do not have feet (because it's a snake) and they definitely do not have dragon-like features. Overall the model is kinda nice, and has a lot of animations.