• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black hole spell - no channeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey,

I have found the Black Hole spell of Enigma from DotA. For those who don't know what the spell does, the caster spawns a black hole in a target place and enemies within certain range are slowly sucked into the center damaged for X damage in 4 seconds. You can find the vJASS file of the original spell below.

I would like to know if there is a way to cast that magic without needing to be channeled.

Download the Original Black Hole Spell

NOTE: I do not own that script in the link above!

Level 25
If the spell's effect isn't based off some original ability found in Object Editor but is completely triggered, then it should be possible to re-write the spell so it doesn't require the caster to channel it.

Doing it via dummy unit is also a possibility, but re-writing the spell (if you know how) is more efficient.

Level 2
If the spell's effect isn't based off some original ability found in Object Editor but is completely triggered, then it should be possible to re-write the spell so it doesn't require the caster to channel it.

Doing it via dummy unit is also a possibility, but re-writing the spell (if you know how) is more efficient.

Thank you, Nichilus, but the thing is that I cannot really follow and see where the line of making the spell channeled is since I do not know a lot about JASS/vJASS. Do you think there is a way to implement that spell with the normal triggering apart from the JASS?

Level 25
As I wrote. If you don't know how to modify the spell, then you should do what I and LordDz wrote - make a dummy spell that does nothing which the hero uses.
When hero uses this dummy ability, create an invisible dummy unit which has the actual spell and let the dummy unit channel it.

Level 2
As I wrote. If you don't know how to modify the spell, then you should do what I and LordDz wrote - make a dummy spell that does nothing which the hero uses.
When hero uses this dummy ability, create an invisible dummy unit which has the actual spell and let the dummy unit channel it.

Thank you, Nichilus.

A bit off-topic but can you see why this isn't working?

iuWNFLe.png

It should be - casting a specific ability, creates a dummy, dummy sets MS of picked units to a lower value then after 5 seconds it should bring the MS back to 300.

The only thing that happens is that creates the dummy makes the special effects, destroy the special effect but the MS of the target was not affected.

Level 12
Well, because you forgot a line of code.

Set ER_Picked = (Picked Unit)

or just use picked unit.

But after that you will notice movement speed of target unit is not getting normal, with your way of doing this, you should store target units in a unit group variable(set UnitGroupVariable = units within 450.00 of ER_Loc........)Set movement speed of units in this group to 150, after 5 seconds pick every units in this group again and reset movement speed.

If you already have a black hole spell from enigma using a dummy unit to cast it is much easier way to go.

Level 4
Well, because you forgot a line of code.

Set ER_Picked = (Picked Unit)

or just use picked unit.

But after that you will notice movement speed of target unit is not getting normal, with your way of doing this, you should store target units in a unit group variable(set UnitGroupVariable = units within 450.00 of ER_Loc........)Set movement speed of units in this group to 150, after 5 seconds pick every units in this group again and reset movement speed.

Yeah ! Reset ms and destroy effects also :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.