• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gravitational Pull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm having quite a bit of trouble trying to create a 'black hole' kind of trigger. It's not a spell, it's an obstacle, as in, there's a black hole on the map and if you wander too close it draws you in, i've seen some spells that do this kind of effect but I want the unit to be able to run against it, though i'm not so sure this can be done... but to give it a chance to actually get away from the pull pretty much. Any help will be appreciated.

Level 7
Mhm

I once play Escape map...
And so as we played we enounter Trap

There was a pond and its was youre black hole it pools u to the middle but
lets u move

And gues what i got no idea how he made it "" but i got idea how u can do this""
im going to WE to tipe it out :) gime 5 min

EDIT: btw u may want to check Black hole(enigma) DOTA
here it is :)
  • Initial
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 500.00 of Black Hole 0000 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is in BlackHole1xGroup) Equal to (==) False
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to BlackHole1xGroup
  • Periodical
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.33 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in BlackHole1xGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 15.00 towards (Angle from (Position of (Picked unit)) to (Position of Black Hole 0000 <gen>)) degrees)
  • Escape Metode
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is in BlackHole1xGroup) Equal to (==) True
    • Actions
      • Set PointOfClick = (Target point of issued order)
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 30.00 towards (Angle from (Position of (Triggering unit)) to PointOfClick) degrees)
Of and i forgot to make Unit leaves the (range of the blackhole) Remove it from group

Edit: Consider that it LEAKS in evry possible spot there.. u may want to fix that ...

its just to show u how

Level 28
" Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 15.00 towards (Angle from (Position of (Picked unit)) to (Position of Black Hole 0000 <gen>)) degrees)"

That cancels out the order, so the unit won't be able to move away from the black hole (if I recall correctly).

I've done it with SetUnitX/Y (which doesn't leak and you can still move).
Map attached.

(I know it's a lot of JASS, but the only thing you really have to do is change the variables in the first trigger, and perhaps add a special effect or something if you want to).

Attachments

• BlackHole.w3x
    16.9 KB · Views: 48
Level 6
Thank you both, + rep

Works great Ap0calypse, I'm a little familiar with JASS and this seems easy to tweak so thank you :)

Level 7
" Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 15.00 towards (Angle from (Position of (Picked unit)) to (Position of Black Hole 0000 <gen>)) degrees)"

That cancels out the order, so the unit won't be able to move away from the black hole (if I recall correctly).
Evry 0.33 u get moved 15 range to balckhole
1 sec = 45
1click = 30 range
if u can click 2 times per second ur screwd :)
thats means old granies will die to blackhole!!!!
Btw i played around with it lolz why u say that it wouldnt work i made mini escape :) had fun with blackholes

(if I recall correctly) Nop use teleport or something ... its not LoL

Level 28
Oh, must've read every 0.03 seconds (I'm so used to that number by now...).
Even so, I think he kinda meant to escape from it without button mashing :D
And if you use every 0.33 seconds, it is very chubby (you see the unit teleport, instead of a gradually moving unit).

(if I recall correctly) Nop use teleport or something ... its not LoL
I... don't really get what you're trying to say here :/
I dislike LoL and anything that has to do with DotA, so perhaps speak more plainly?

Level 7
U didnt realy read it but aniway...
Theres a line(its just to show u how) at the end of it
proly missed thats why im pissed

He ask idea or anithing i give it . You make it bether and its done why argue :)
OK i started it YEA but whatever

Level 33
I created a simple black hole sucking system
You can escape it by moving opposite angle towards the black hole but your speed will be reduced (well, practically the unit is sucked)

EDIT:
Apo... grrrrrrrr.............

Attachments

• Simple Black Hole System.w3x
    13.8 KB · Views: 48
Level 6
I'm sorry Defskull, don't know how I missed your post. Trying yours out and + rep. Sorry and thanks lol.:ogre_hurrhurr:

Edit: Thanks Defskull, yours is like Ap0's other than the fact that it works as a unit group, which will be handy for having multiple black holes on the map at once

Status
Not open for further replies.