• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black Bar beneath UI <Help>

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is the right section for this but I hope it is close to my trouble.
When you remove all interface Console Human Texture ect ... - there seems to be still some Black Bar to be left. I am suggesting that the black bar you see beneath all the interface is a 3D model plate used in Cinametics.

The size of those bars match the Cinametic Mode Border and Bars Too.
18qq.png

If anyone knows or has some advise as how to remove these black bars, please comment down.

It think it displays as black due to the missing texture.

It would be green if the texture would be missing. I think its 3D plate model used in cinametic interface. But ''how'' to remove it or make it transparent?

Only way to remove it is to make a custom texture that will fit the area, sadly.

But how do you know this? Custom texture is used on models. So this is A Model. We just need to find this model and remove it or we can add a transparent texture to it. But the problem is I can't find it. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
No, that's only the default case with icons.

The "bar" is hardcoded. Probably the game does not even consider this part of the screen as render-worthy, so it's built into the graphics engine.

Well the game is not such a old not to be able to render it. But this black border looks the same as a Cinametic border but just with 2D textures.

I also think its hardcoded thats why I cant find it.
Main Menu renders full game screen so yes its possible for it to render entire in-game screen.
Maybe Game.dll holds some answers?

EDIT: Also can we atleast make the missing texture transparent and add it to the black bar? So that the 3D black bar would have transparent not black texture.

cinematic.jpg

As you can see the black borders texture is a Cinametic Mode texture backround. Once I remove it it becomes black. That means its 3D. We must find 3D Cinametic mode Ui and modify it or remove it but the problem is we cant find the ''hardcoded'' cinametic UI.mdl.

Level 26
The main menu is entirely different from ingame. It's most likely within the game.dll since it contains almost all of wc3's programming.

If that part of the screen is not like the 3d view, even if you make the bar transparent, what do you expect to see below it? Your desktop?

@your edit: No, I do not see it. The cinematic mode just replaces the texture above the bar. It's displayed above.

The main menu is entirely different from ingame. It's most likely within the game.dll since it contains almost all of wc3's programming.

If that part of the screen is not like the 3d view, even if you make the bar transparent, what do you expect to see below it? Your desktop?

I want to see behind the black bar is a entire screen. War 3 Alpha had it removed and the buttons could go transparent beneath black bar.

EDIT: I think i will need to look into the Game.dll to find anything about how to remove it or make it transparent.

Anyway thank you all three for your help. WaterKnight +Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.