• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Binding Inventory Slots to Side Mouse Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Okay, so here's my problem; the numberpad hotkeys are pretty far away from the hand that I am manouvering my units with since the units in warcraft 3 and many custom maps tend to have their hotkeys on the left hand side of the keyboard(I never patrol).

So what I want to do is to make my Deathadder's "Mouse Button 4" and "Mouse Button 5" react exactly as if I'd press Numpad 7 or Numpad 8 which by default are the two top inventory slots. I can't seem to find official Razer software for doing this.

So 1, Does it work to simply edit the "custom hotkeyblabla".txt and type in "Mouse Button 4" where I want it?

And 2, Are there any good third-party programs for doing this?

Help Appreciated, kthxbai.

Last edited:
Level 4
Okay, now I have made some progress.

I have found out that the hotkeys for the inventory cannot be remapped through the txt-file.

I also found my Deathadder-CD, so I installed it and I have set my side mouse buttons to Num 7 and Num 8. I can type with them here for example (*spams side mouse buttons)778787877878787

But they do not react as anything when I am playing WC3, please help me. :p

Edit: Just tryed the same thing with my Lycosa key8oard and the remaps doesnt work in WC3...

Status
Not open for further replies.