• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Big Problem: Host & Server Split..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello mates,

I got very big problem when I trying to test my map and the game starts the players splits in two hosts... 3 Players go to my hosting game... And others 3 go to other and we can't play together... It shows that those 3 just left the game, but they play just with other host. Why its happening ?... Please help! Credits & +Rep will be given if helped... :> :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

P.S. I Don't use JASS.

Level 18
Without any information to work with I can't possibly tell you what is wrong. Find out what trigger is causing the game to "desync" and then post the code here so that we can find a solution for you.

Level 9
I'm having similar issues with my map but it just happens randomly. Some 1 hour long games, nothing at all. Other times, I split from everyone else right away and they keep on playing. Sometimes, its 3 on 3. Goddam server split.

Level 9
A quick question: Does this occur every game?

As for my troubles with splits,
I think I fixed my server split, hosted 3 games today without a single dcer or split.

Changes I made:
Turned off triggers that had same events and made one big trigger.
Removed multiple melee initilizations
Removed a number of memory leaks (one trigger was generating one region every second loll)

You may want to take a look at this to solve memory leaks with 1 line jass phrases with the custom script.
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27219

Level 18
If you posted your map it would be a lot easier to where the desync is coming from. How exactly do you expect us to know what is causing your map to desync when we don't know anything about your map. Lets not play a guessing game.

Level 3
based on acorn511 it may be either the triggers that had same events, or multiple melee initilization, the memory leaking ones may be a problem, depending on the trigger, but like ones that cause a new region every second...thats just a pain, but shouldnt cause desynch...

Status
Not open for further replies.