• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Arena] Beta Test for Ancient Arena v1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Test for Ancient Arena v2.5

Here is a BETA version of my map currently in progress Ancient Arena.

A battle to the death between 1-12 players, 1 player as in you can play with AI and fill the rest of the slots. Okay description again I'm bad at these, A battle royal between 1-12 players in a Mysterious Arena with many features.

Features:
-QWERT spell shortcuts
-AI (although a bit silly, they can be played with, for solo play / practice)
-Weather Effects(Changing weather)
-Custom Items/ Item fusion (In progress 100% complete)
-Kill streaks / Death streaks
  • Runes
  • Creeps and Creep Bosses
-Mini Game for gold income
-15 custom heroes, 5 skills each
-Respawn / Arcade Feel game play style
-Custom Abilities (some of them are pretty wacky)
-Will force the player to Micro Manage for some intense gameplay (hopefully)
Cons of the Map:

-Spells are not MUI and are not made using JASS. ( I have no JASS skills, A player only has access to one hero anyway, heroes have a unique instantiation wont conflict, however spells will have leaks).
-Lag issues: Some spells / combined features cause a tone of lag (not for me) most likely for less equipped I hope not to sound rude systems, There is a way to mediate this by lowering graphics / disabling features like weather during game play will help.
-Not finished XD
-Made by 1 person (aside custom resources.
-Balance issues (I know the 13th hero is OP, but I've been trying my best to solo balance)

-Crashes Sometimes: there are some crashes please send me your crash logs my Warcraft 3 does not save them (for some reason)!:goblin_boom:

Credits:
Thanks to!

A Big thank you to: PeeKay, Blizzard Entertainment and Anachron!
Additonal and important thanks to: CRAZYRRUSSIAN, nhocklanhox6, JollyD, -BerZekeR-, Kimbo, Golden-Drake, Skrik, jigrael, Mr.Goblin, -Berz-, Juan_Ann, Big Dub, asailant, Palaslayer, Mumbis, L_,Vexorian, Tirlititi, Darkfang, johnwar, Bribe, Tranquil, Suselishe
AncietArenaSS5.png

Attachments

• AncietArenaSS6.png
    AncietArenaSS6.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 10
  • AncietArenaSS5.png
    AncietArenaSS5.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 7
  • AncientArenaSS4.png
    AncientArenaSS4.png
    4 MB · Views: 9
  • AncientArenaSS3.png
    AncientArenaSS3.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 7
  • AncientArenaSS2.png
    AncientArenaSS2.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 6
  • AncientArenaSS1.png
    AncientArenaSS1.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 9
  • AncientArenav2.6.w3x
    4.3 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Level 30
I seriously liked the map and how it is being played. This map is just fun for a Hero Arena game with quite a decent amount of heroes and with their own useful custom spell. I salute you for making great custom spells for each of the heroes instead of staying with the standard.

I also liked the items present in this map and also item recipes. Lots of item builds to explore for the players and all.

The random events such as Fog Effects, Thunderstorms and Tornadoes makes the game much more unique. It's not just a matter of where you battle and get killed by an another player but random events that takes place in the map could kill you aswell or reduce your chances to either run from your enemies or slow you down.

Terrain on the game looks decent enough though I would rather put some trees and some environmental doodads on there. The terrain just now looks too flat and empty. Make your terrain detailed and also use the tools at the Terrain Palette to sort out your problem on the ground flatness. It could also use some fogs and weather depending on the random event happening like when there is a Thunder Storm, make it rain of some sort and when there are hurricanes and tornadoes, change the weather to Windy. It really just looks unnatural that it is thunderstorm-ing without any appropriate background or effects in it.

Some suggestions: I do think it would be better if you would give more time to choosing options for the host. The time given for the host is too short knowing that the Chicken runs too fast and so the vote ends so sudden aswell. You could also make the heroes less aggressive seeing that when they revive, they move suddenly to the heroes and also when shopping they keep moving. it is quite annoying to be honest even if you can just press H, it is still annoying. Also, found a weird bug. The Furion hero casts some sort of spell then suddenly the game crashed and a fatal error report appear. I don't know if this is in the spells of the hero or just because the game is maybe overloaded with too much triggers running.

Overall, this looks good and this has/have chances to be better!

Level 4
Hey thanks for the feedback I just got my internet back, there is a later version of the map but I don't see the point of releasing it like you said sometimes it just crashes :( I'm having allot of trouble fixing it and also the weather does have back ground effects its just sometimes they don't show so you more or less pointed out the bugs XD pretty well there; that I'm trying to fix atm.

The Flatness and terrain I will work on thats a good point thx for pointing out, but yeah hero aggression that really annoys me too when i test it XD I will tone that down.

Last edited:
Level 23
-QWERT spell shortcuts
Imo, you should change it to either QWERD or QWERF so that the player won't have to spread his hands like mayo on the keyboard.
-Quotes: Lots of random movie, song, made up and famous quotes inserted into heroes spells
Nice, I like reading those extra stuff.
-AI (although a bit silly, they can be played with, for solo play / practice)
Well you can improve it later on. Would be better if you script your own AI though, the AI editor, if I remember correctly, is only good for making Melee AIs.
-Weather Effects(Changing weather)
Cool, will different weather have different effects on gameplay or is it purely aesthetic stuff?
-Mini Games
Nice, don't interrupt the games abruptly though coz that will frustrate players.
-Spells are not MUI and are not made using JASS. ( I have no JASS skills, A player only has access to one hero anyway, heroes have a unique instantiation wont conflict, however spells will have leaks).
At least make it MPI or better yet, try your best in making it MUI.
-Lag issues: Some spells / combined features cause a tone of lag (not for me) most likely for less equipped I hope not to sound rude systems, There is a way to mediate this by lowering graphics / disabling features like weather during game play will help.
Possibly due to Memory leaks, tonnes of triggers run at the same time (or almost) and special effect spam. Try reducing those.
-Made by 1 person (aside custom resources.
Why the hell is this a con? That's perfectly fine.
-Balance issues (I know the 13th hero is OP, but I've been trying my best to solo balance)
You'll can balance the game more by getting feedbacks once you submit the map but balance it as much as you can before releasing. :)
-Memory Leak bugs: there are some crashes caused by memory leak bugs that I have to weed out hopefully with you're help :goblin_boom:
These forums will help you out a lot.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/

Haven't played the map though.

Status
Not open for further replies.