- Jan 1, 2009
Best of the Wurst 10
In March and early April, we rolled out the previously announced
wurst.buildconfiguration file improvements, allowing for further code-based map metadata customization, and also laying additional groundwork for the independent map generation pipeline we envisage for the future of wurst.
You can now make full use of the toolsuite from the command line with our new Grill package manager. Additionally, welcome
DamageEventto the standard library: a new damage detection and modification API, which supports and uses the new 1.29 natives.
- Upgrades to the
wurst.buildconfiguration workflow. You can now modify scenario data such as players, teams, and loading screens, all without opening the world-editor. See the Tutorial for more information.
- The WurstSetup received a face lift, including auto-update, better async tasks, and complete CLI functionality for power users.
- Objects and other allocations inside
compiletimeexpressions are now retained for use during runtime.
switchstatement with joined cases, duplicate case detection, and control flow improvements.
- Annotations must now be properly defined to not throw a warning.
- Experimental support for @LeP's "hot code reload", which enables code modifications while the map is running.
Standard LibraryWe are very excited about having merged over a dozen pull requests and fixed plenty of bugs, thanks to many contributors! The highlights:
- Added the new package
DamageEventfor damage detection and modification, and deprecated the older
- The timer used for
ClosureTimerexecutions can now be customized, allowing for the creation of a timer dialog.
LastOrderhas been cleaned up and fixed.
Printingcan now be fully configured.
ClosureEventsnow only listens to mouse events if those events are used.
OrderStringFactoryno longer generates default unit order strings, so they can be distinguished in events.
isAliveTrickfrom unit to widget.
- Added additional overloads for
- Added shorthand
.setDummyAbility()to make any ability castable by a dummy caster.
- Added missing field definitions in
DummyCasterdummy units can now be accessed via the dummy caster API.
- Fixed nested indexing/deindexing in UnitIndexer.
- Fixed counted callbacks not stopping properly in certain cases.
image.hideForPlayer, and improved image documentation.
TimedLoopinstances being executed incorrectly and now permits destroying instances directly.
- Added further - and improved existing - standard library documentation pages.
- We also recently rolled out a new tutorial on closures - be sure to check it out.
- Webpage interface breadcrumbs for tutorial, stdlib, and blog posts now include all parents.
- Our domain is now verified on GitHub.
>> Continue to Spotlight <<