• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Best Map Compressor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've never personally used it but I've heard that Widgetizer does amazing things. Can anyone back me up on this?

Level 13
@Chaosy
You did :p
He's VEXORIAN not VEROXIAN :D

@Topic
I recommend Vexorian Map Optimizer to Optimize your map, Widgetizer reduces loading times but tend to increase Filesize a bit, I recommend using Vex for Optimizing and Widgetizer to fasten loading time.

So i will use both?

Level 15
Well there are two recommended compressors . Wc3SLKOpt decreases about 1 - 2 Megabytes from the map size . Vexorians decreases about 8 - 9 % from the map size . They both protect the map . Well Widgetizer to fasten the game's loading time . Well If you want a good thing . Use one of these :
1- Wc3SLKOpt then Widgetizer So you compress the map's file size and an advantage of a faster loading time .
1- Vexorian's then Widgetizer So you gain some file size and an advantage of a faster loading time .

Level 13
Well there are two recommended compressors . Wc3SLKOpt decreases about 1 - 2 Megabytes from the map size . Vexorians decreases about 8 - 9 % from the map size . They both protect the map . Well Widgetizer to fasten the game's loading time . Well If you want a good thing . Use one of these :
1- Wc3SLKOpt then Widgetizer So you compress the map's file size and an advantage of a faster loading time .
1- Vexorian's then Widgetizer So you gain some file size and an advantage of a faster loading time .

Thank you i will try

Level 15
Level 6
if you dont want to spend a lot of time testing and trying things then i recommend

vexorian and then spazzler

some options from Widgetizer and Wc3SLKOpt can be negative for your map

Level 15
Spazzler is used to protect maps . It doesn't decrease the map as some one wants . And Especially it uses Python ( an emulator ) for it .So I think you spend more time . And Aw , Hard to use it for some one who didn't even use a compressor . Trust me and use what I've said . Wc3SLKOpt is recommended to protect maps. And Vexorian's too .

Level 13
Spazzler is used to protect maps . It doesn't decrease the map as some one wants . And Especially it uses Python ( an emulator ) for it .So I think you spend more time . And Aw , Hard to use it for some one who didn't even use a compressor . Trust me and use what I've said . Wc3SLKOpt is recommended to protect maps. And Vexorian's too .

i duno how to use Wc3SLKOpt

Level 15
Read this original topic :
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=101586

Well you should browse your map then choose it (first line) , Then press 'optimize' .Wait some time .Then you will see a created map file in the folder of the map file itself. Which has a different file name . Well you will see the difference . I prefer to use the 3 programs at once to get a true effect of map compressing , You should've seen this if you've read the topic :
Two ways to use vex's and Wc3SLKOpt both:
1.Use vex's first, but Disable "Remove Editor-only Files" , and then use Wc3SLKOpt.
2.Use Wc3SLKOpt first, but Disable "Remove Editor-only Files" , and then use vex's.

vex's is vexorian's ya know

i duno how to use Wc3SLKOpt

You open the program. Then you choose your map (click "Choose", make sure you back it up first). Select whichever options you want. Click "Optimize" and it is done.

It is generally pretty good but a few people have reported issues about it (the author has responded to those, but I haven't personally tested it much). Otherwise, you should run MDX Squisher (google or search wc3c) on the models you've imported and compress whatever sounds you use (use something like Audacity to reduce the bit rate, or if it is wav reduce the sample rate). If you need to, you can also use something like BLP Lab to compress your textures.

Widgetizer won't necessarily reduce the map size, but it will decrease loading time greatly so I recommend using it on any completed map. Then you can use Vex's optimizer. Alternatively, just use Wc3SLKOpt since it does widgetizing + some mdx compression + some of the things the optimizer does.

EDIT: jonhysone beat me to the post.

Level 13
You open the program. Then you choose your map (click "Choose", make sure you back it up first). Select whichever options you want. Click "Optimize" and it is done.

It is generally pretty good but a few people have reported issues about it (the author has responded to those, but I haven't personally tested it much). Otherwise, you should run MDX Squisher (google or search wc3c) on the models you've imported and compress whatever sounds you use (use something like Audacity to reduce the bit rate, or if it is wav reduce the sample rate). If you need to, you can also use something like BLP Lab to compress your textures.

Widgetizer won't necessarily reduce the map size, but it will decrease loading time greatly so I recommend using it on any completed map. Then you can use Vex's optimizer. Alternatively, just use Wc3SLKOpt since it does widgetizing + some mdx compression + some of the things the optimizer does.

EDIT: jonhysone beat me to the post.
Okay i get it thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.