• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Any warcaft 3 map compressors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi im a new member and i was wondering if i could get a link or something to a compressor cause my custom map woont go on battle.net or LAN cause it says map file too big. Please help, i dont know what to do.

Level 19
Is this question supposed to be here?

Many noobs write stuff like this in their introductions.

Hi im a new member and i was wondering if i could get a link or something to a compressor cause my custom map woont go on battle.net or LAN cause it says map file too big. Please help, i dont know what to do.

First, you should check, if there are any imports that you don't need - and same with all the stuff in your map. Delete anything unneeded, they fill up a lot of space, you know. I think deleting stuff/lower the map file size is the only option you got. I heard that when a map is over 8MB, it will be unplayable in multiplayer, I never experienced it myself though. I hope you will solve your problem.

Oh and welcome to the Hive! :)

Level 1
Well Amargaard, I have tried that, I mean I practically deleted all the doodads and terrain that wasnt needed. Oh and yes i have custom models from the hive and 1 piece of imported music. I put a disclaimer on the map in the quests.

Status
Not open for further replies.