• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best items for Druid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi there!
With my party we are now farming Mana Crystals for end-game gear (we are lvl 42) and I'm healing with a Druid.
I was wondering if somebody does know what are the most powerful items for Druid in the last version and how I could get them.
Thanks in advance!

Level 7
Uhm my personal preference is..

Bow: Heritage of the Nymph: From Hill Giant
Hat: Moonlight Tiara: From Hill Giant
Misc: Earthfury totem: Rare drop from level 37 redstone golems or level 35 Razormanes
Armor: Blue featherhide: Reward from level 41 quest to kill Brood Matriarch.
Accessory: Wristguards of the grove: Dropped from the Shade

Alternatively, Totem of the Trollspirit from Hill giant is technically more efficient for total heals and such, but I just prefer the health and mana from Earthfury totem. Also a petrified amulet dropped from random mobs in the Foothills area can replace the wristguards. Zwieb seemed to have forgotten to add a proper druid accessory to the foothills area so :p.

Level 10
Uhm my personal preference is..

Bow: Heritage of the Nymph: From Hill Giant
Hat: Moonlight Tiara: From Hill Giant
Misc: Earthfury totem: Rare drop from level 37 redstone golems or level 35 Razormanes
Armor: Blue featherhide: Reward from level 41 quest to kill Brood Matriarch.
Accessory: Wristguards of the grove: Dropped from the Shade

Alternatively, Totem of the Trollspirit from Hill giant is technically more efficient for total heals and such, but I just prefer the health and mana from Earthfury totem. Also a petrified amulet dropped from random mobs in the Foothills area can replace the wristguards. Zwieb seemed to have forgotten to add a proper druid accessory to the foothills area so :p.

I use a lot of the same gear as Box recommends with a few alternatives

Bow: Heritage of the Nymph
Hat: Emerald Shroud
Misc: Earthfury Totem
Armor: Mantle of the Glades
Accessory: Wristguard of the Grove

I can see why Box would use the Tiara over the Shroud for a Helmet it has a little more Armor which is nice, and higher SP, Realistically though Druids don't pull much aggro and I don't think 2 armor is a make or break situation Having lots of HP can have the same effect. If I use the Tiara I end up gaining slightly higher heals on my remedy ticks, but it's hardly worth it in my opinion. I might heal 5-10hp more a tick but with the Shroud you gain haste allowing your heals between remedy ticks occur faster, and +40 MP Which is a little overkill but it adds a substantial amount of sustainability in long heal fights which appears to be the direction with new bosses coming out. With how big my mana pool is I can heal + recovery, resummon, dps, everything almost infinitely without ever using a potion.

As for bows overall I think the Heritage of the Nymph is the superior bow but it lacks HP which is sometimes an issue so I like to switch to the Redwood Shooter on occasion for the additional +35HP if I'm in a fight that has a lot of random targets hit so I don't get one shot. If health is an issue alternately you can try to find a nice HP soul and stick with the Heritage or just stack it with the Redwood.

The bottom line your druid should be ticking remedy's around 170+ which imo is a lot. Considering it's instant channeled and most chars only have around 400-500 HP you're healing the average players hp 34% a tick that alternating a piece of gear here or there to lower heals isn't that substantial if you're looking to gain more spell haste or mana or hp or whatever your goal is. I recommend experimenting with it all and find out what you like best.

Level 7
The weird thing about haste for a druid, is that it almost works as a negative.

If you have low haste, you end up using 5 remedy ticks to heal 3-4 boss attacks. If you have higher haste, your 5 ticks end up healing 2-3 boss attacks and in the end you end up way over healing and kind of consuming more mana than you need to.

Also, I think emerald shroud is better if you're not taking the mana increase talents. I think I ended up taking all of the mana increase talents on my druid, so the extra MP from the shroud ended up being too excessive and I decided the extra SP from the tiara was better.

Anyhow, theres really no wrong way to do it, as long as your doing fine as a healer for your group then you've done it right.

Level 10
The weird thing about haste for a druid, is that it almost works as a negative.

If you have low haste, you end up using 5 remedy ticks to heal 3-4 boss attacks. If you have higher haste, your 5 ticks end up healing 2-3 boss attacks and in the end you end up way over healing and kind of consuming more mana than you need to.

While this is most definitely true, with my high MP and sustainability I don't really care if I over heal a little bit. I often times cancel my heals mid channel to switch targets because it doesn't even phase me plus the haste helps me heal through people who mess up and stand in things they shouldn't like the poison cloud for bm or the shock pulse for HG and it's even useful for things like Alch's enrage. In essense boss attacks aren't typically the only thing you need to worry about in encounters, there are instances where mass amounts of heals in a shorter duration are favored.

EDIT: On a side note, box you and your bro should play gaias tonight around 5pm central time xD

Last edited:
Level 8
I use:
Weapon - Heritage of the Nymph
Totem - Totem of the Troll Spirit
Armor - Mantle of the Glades
Helm - Moonlight Tiara
Acc - Wristguards of the Grove

This is basically a max SP/stats (sacrificing HP and mana) build that relies pretty heavily on summons but will probably shine with the advent of new damage spells for druid.

Talents:
lvl10 - 2
lvl15 - 2
lvl20 - 3
lvl25 - 3
lvl30 - 1
lvl35 - 3
lvl40 - 1
lvl45 - 3
lvl50 - 2

Note that I have a double HP soul and double MP soul if I need either, so I hardly have reason to change items but Druid is one of those classes that you should have a stocked closet for then use what you feel is more comfortable for you since there's many effective builds.
Also, it sounds like low DPS but you'll soon realize that Efreet does the bulk of druid's DPS and this build capitilizes on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.