• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best/favorite terrainer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
The best terrainer is a mix between three terrainers I believe. They are the following:
  • MadseN
  • Corexx
  • HernanG or ~Void~
and my favorite of them all is Corexx, because his terrain is the most realistic. As proof, you can check out his still work-in-progress RPG "Neratia RPG" for Warcraft III here or here.
~Craka_J

Level 25
Not in my book! :wink:
I'm not a very big fan of terraining with WC3 models anymore. Bad graphics, very low poly count, textures are too unrealistic, etc.

I go for those who can make virtual reality become reality, if you know what I mean.
~Craka_J

I disagree on your views Craka_J. HernanG, MadseN and Void may be good terrainers, but a good terrainer knows how to both make terrain that both looks good and is good for practical use, which never was HernanG's strong side and doesn't seem to be either MadseN or Void's either.

And yes, practical terrain CAN look good, something which only a few terrainers has proven, such as Corexx and DivinePeon.

Level 34
I think I'm the best.

I love a lot of people's work. I would say MadseN takes it, but herio-san or whatever his name is had that WIP or Iron Forge that was amazing! (In the icecrown competition)

Level 25
Your name is Joe? :O

My showcase thread is here. I post screenshots in the first post and a few other posts within the thread. So you'll kind of have to cruise through each page. Hope you like them, and feel free to critique my work as well. :smile:
~Craka_J

Level 25
HT's best piece was the Elwyn Forest terrains. What made it look great was probably the new doodads and tiles. But he did have good doodad placement. His other works are... well he's getting better, but I wouldn't consider him one as one of the best.
But hey! That's just my opinion. If you disagree, so be it. We're all entitled to our own opinions now, aren't we? :smile:
~Craka_J

[off-topic]mm famousspker49, i keep getting you mixed up with this other guy with the same avatar and i wonder "hmm is that the one guy i saw before or some new guy? nah its probably the same guy, i mean, were do you find that kind of avatar?" but it wasnt you.[/off-topic]

HT is good but messes up alot and speeds through alot of his terrains.

Level 10
Ah yes, Beam. He did a lot of awesome stuff, especially considering the limits on what he had to use at the time of his prime.

Exactly why he's so amazing. Did he ever use any custom models? And yet. . .all of the things he did do made you look twice to see if he did use custom models. . .I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of his stuff was done with the ROC editor and not TFT too. . .

@Craka_J: Yeah I would not even consider myself close to any or most of the people mentioned here. I still have so much room for improvement.

Maps 'n' Mods still exists. Metaphorically it's like a small diner in the middle of the desert; someone occasionally passes by with a question, the only active moderator there helps, and then the passerby leaves. Then there's the off-topic forum, which has about 7 or so people who consider themselves to be RPers (who don't RP any more).

http://war3.incgamers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=31

Level 7
Can I be someones favie? =(

And beam still lurks around wc3c occasionally.

My favorites are probably Gitlich, Zurg, [Death], Beam, Vagabond, 2-P, Hernang, Blitzkreige, Evading_Self, Killer_Mushroom, Taplonaplo, AgentSmith, Plasticangel, Born²Modificate, infrane, Corexx, Reinless, Wazza, MC ! and Madsen.

Though, these are my favorites, it's impossible for me to pick a best. Each terrainer has their own style, innovation, and creativy. So it then makes it hard to compare.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.