1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Best/favorite terrainer?

Discussion in 'Terrain & Level Design' started by HeretoDLstuff, Oct 10, 2007.

1. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  2. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Both 2-P and MadseN are great terrainers but personally my favorite is DivinePeon, even though his time has passed.

3. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    dont forget HT!

4. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah,he is really good too!

5. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The best terrainer is a mix between three terrainers I believe. They are the following:
    • MadseN
    • Corexx
    • HernanG or ~Void~
    and my favorite of them all is Corexx, because his terrain is the most realistic. As proof, you can check out his still work-in-progress RPG "Neratia RPG" for Warcraft III here or here.
    ~Craka_J

6. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    yet true terraining deals with no imports :D

7. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not in my book! :wink:
    I'm not a very big fan of terraining with WC3 models anymore. Bad graphics, very low poly count, textures are too unrealistic, etc.

I go for those who can make virtual reality become reality, if you know what I mean.
    ~Craka_J

8. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    o_O Suddenly I have a thread about this, cool!

@:Craka_J Those look great, but I prefer no imports. It looks much better with imports, but I like it without them anyway....With imports its like its not even in wc3.

9. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    But you don't make a terrain related to Warcraft.You can make something from another dimension or a picture from tomorrow.

10. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I disagree on your views Craka_J. HernanG, MadseN and Void may be good terrainers, but a good terrainer knows how to both make terrain that both looks good and is good for practical use, which never was HernanG's strong side and doesn't seem to be either MadseN or Void's either.

And yes, practical terrain CAN look good, something which only a few terrainers has proven, such as Corexx and DivinePeon.

11. Deckboy

Deckboy

Resources:
    Resources:
    For those old enough to remember: Beam

The freaking God of terraining.

And then I'd throw a bone to 2-P. His(her?) ability to come up with totally original ideas is astounding!

12. Eleandor

Eleandor

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have seen a terrainer who even beated Madsen, void and others at terraining (might have been beam, but I can't recall his name), I even had a link to his work in my bookmarks, but it seems that the site is gone now... too bad :(

So my vote would be going to madsen :)

13. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ah yes, Beam. He did a lot of awesome stuff, especially considering the limits on what he had to use at the time of his prime.

14. Kaitech[SanD]

Kaitech[SanD]

Resources:
    Resources:
    Aww cmon, they have to use custom models to get any satisfaction! I'm with HT, not only does he try and save space when terraining your map, but he also does it faaast!

15. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah yes, totally forgot about Beam. and Pheonix_IV (I think that's the one who did the terrain)

2-P is very good as well.
    I don't consider myself good compared to those that've been mentioned so far. :cry:
    ~Craka_J

16. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    As I have never really seen much that you have showcased Craka, I really can't judge, but from what I have seen of your work on Apocalypse you do make some nice terrain, but if you are among the cream of the crop I don't know. I neither consider myself that good, though I am better than your average joe.

17. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think I'm the best.

I love a lot of people's work. I would say MadseN takes it, but herio-san or whatever his name is had that WIP or Iron Forge that was amazing! (In the icecrown competition)

18. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Your name is Joe? :O

My showcase thread is here. I post screenshots in the first post and a few other posts within the thread. So you'll kind of have to cruise through each page. Hope you like them, and feel free to critique my work as well. :smile:
    ~Craka_J

19. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice screenshots!The first is the best!

20. MadseN

MadseN

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I have to say that PheoniX_VII is still my biggest fan because it was he that inspired me in the first to start terraining. :cool:

/MadseN