• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Berserker Call not working on second cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, i just downloaded Dota spell map and copied berserker call to my custom map. When i used it for first time, berserker call works on taunting nearby enemy to attack caster but on second time use, the berserker call not working and only gives buff with special effect. can someone try to download this map and test it for me? Just to confirm it also not work to other ppl who tried to copy its Berserker Call spell.
The spell works very well on map itself (this spell works even u use it more than once) but not on my custom map (only works for first time use). I need some opinion on how to fix this.

I attach the dota spellpack map. The source is from http://www.thehelper.net/threads/rikimaru-and-mogul-khan.121321/#post-1057734

Attachments

• DotA Spellpack 2 In 1.w3x
    48.7 KB · Views: 50
Level 11
So weird. After some tests, I couldn't figure out the source of the problem. Even importing complete object/trigger data doesn't work. I know it can be a silly/tiresome/desperate solution, but you could 'move' your stuff to the working map. Hope an expert enlighten us about this issue.

Level 6
So weird. After some tests, I couldn't figure out the source of the problem. Even importing complete object/trigger data doesn't work. I know it can be a silly/tiresome/desperate solution, but you could 'move' your stuff to the working map. Hope an expert enlighten us about this issue.

i found out how to make it works. U only need to change unit group BerserkerCall_AttackGroup size array from 1 to 1000. +reps for help

Level 37
i found out how to make it works. U only need to change unit group BerserkerCall_AttackGroup size array from 1 to 1000.
"Changing" the array size to exactly 1000 did not fix it. The problem was that the unit group arrays were not being initialized on map initialization, thus the taunted units were being added to a null group. You could have changed the size to any huge arbitary number (up to 8191 of course), and it will work, so as long the index does not get that high.

I'm not a big fan of messing with the default values of variables created in the variable editor, which is why I still recommend the latter solution I provided in your other thread.

Level 6
"Changing" the array size to exactly 1000 did not fix it. The problem was that the unit group arrays were not being initialized on map initialization, thus the taunted units were being added to a null group. You could have changed the size to any huge arbitary number (up to 8191 of course), and it will work, so as long the index does not get that high.

I'm not a big fan of messing with the default values of variables created in the variable editor, which is why I still recommend the latter solution I provided in your other thread.

its still huge help for me!! i will try your other solution if new problem appear thanks! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.