• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Bergrisst model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have been working on a new map for the past few months now off and on i wanted to find the ETC models and put them in my map as a small easter egg like the concerts found in world of warcraft currently. I was able to locate each of them but there was one that seemed to have a texture file path issue i was able to get the models in the world editor but Bergrissts main body seems to be a a stretched disaster. I was able to export the textures for em and i am able to see the main body texture but it doesn't seem to be applying correctly on the model i think this is a oversight by blizzard i do not know exactly how to do it and don't want to break the band up if there is someone that is able to help me out here i would greatly appreciate it

Level 2
how do i remove this post ill just keep messing with things till i get it fixed myself i was trying to request help to get the correct texture paths applied to the model thats in the base game files not have someone do it for me

Level 2
i believe i had a oversight when i tried saving it before posting this im pretty new to working with warcraft 3 it was my go to game as a child though. When saving i overlooked the drop down tab.. i have some issues with thinking and getting things across from a accident i had i figured finding it out on my own and not troubling you or anyone else more was a good idea. I decided to take another look at how the saving works in retera's model studio and figured out how to get it to mdl ill update how it looks and hopefully upload my first work. The issue was it seemed to be using the weapon texture on the main body instead of the proper main body texture and when i went to edit textures it seemed to only have the hair and weapon textures no main body there's probably more id have to do but i shall figure it

Level 2
after a deeper look it seems that putting in the missing file path wasn't the fix and blizzard just shipped the model as is when reforged released. It also seems i am having issues with magos ill figure out in due time but maybe uploading the model and seeing what someone can do with it is better than trying to do it on my own. Edit - i used magos back in the day for personal learning projects seen reteras was newer i wasn't seeing anything for adding textures to the model in reteras and my magos is acting weird i hope you understand why i wanted to try to do it myself.

Attachments

• Bergrisst.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.