• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Been replaying the Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, it's toinkz.

It has been almost seven years since I last played Warcraft 3, and a decade since I last completed the campaigns. For some reason, Warcraft 3 gaming Youtube accounts has been popping on my Youtube recommends. A video here, two videos tomorrow, five at bathroom break, and voila! Warcraft 3 is again installed.

I'm currently at the Undead mission 5, against the High Elves with their custom campaign-only race.

Memories came flooding down. Memories of all those hours playing custom maps that were playable alone (RPGs, campaigns, with AIs, cinematics), being in awe with how magical the in-game world is. Memories of countless hours spent working with WorldEditor and the modeling tools, browsing the Hiveworkshop forums - both seeking and providing help and arguments. How I wish I can go back to those times discovering every little bit this game would offer.

Thanks for coming to my TEDtalk reading my nostalgia rant.

Ps. I go by as saushie these days btw.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] Warcraft 3 gaming Youtube accounts has been popping on my Youtube recommends. [...]
Pop!

Pop!

[...] nostalgia [...]
Pop!

@Abelhawk

Hi, it's toinkz.

It has been almost seven years ...
The magic never leaves. I use modding Warcraft 3 as a nice escape from Work or to relax since I can do 2D texturing, 3D modelling, Map making etc for whatever takes my fancy. Occasionally I even play some maps/campaigns when I don't have the energy to mod or make stuff.

Pop!

Pop!

Pop!

@Abelhawk

What's with the pops lol. I've read the interview back then when it got posted, during my occasional visits at the chat. Its good to see that more people are creating Wc3 content.

The magic never leaves. I use modding Warcraft 3 as a nice escape from Work or to relax since I can do 2D texturing, 3D modelling, Map making etc for whatever takes my fancy. Occasionally I even play some maps/campaigns when I don't have the energy to mod or make stuff.
Come and join me in replaying the campaigns! :xxd:

For some reason, Warcraft 3 gaming Youtube accounts has been popping on my Youtube recommends. A video here, two videos tomorrow, five at bathroom break, and voila! Warcraft 3 is again installed.
You should not do something because a machine told you to, or else your life will become ruled by soulless machines. Don't you realize how dangerous that is? If you were going to play Warcraft 3, you should decide to do it on your own, of your own agency, because it is what you wanted to do. I know it is that way for me.

Edit: Now that you're here, though, I suppose the best advice is "Stay awhile and listen!"
I suppose I should be thankful that Lord YouTube has brought us more souls. But then I have to wonder, what is the impact on us that Lord YouTube expected would arise from the souls?

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Final Quel'Thalas mission on the undead. Was the campaign always this easy even in hard difficulty :infl_thumbs_up:. That defense mission while waiting for Uther (before the Culling) was hard tho.

Pop!

Pop!

Pop!

@Abelhawk

Rip hivechat. Will be trying to fit in with the dudes at discord.

You should not do something because a machine told you to, or else your life will become ruled by soulless machines. Don't you realize how dangerous that is? If you were going to play Warcraft 3, you should decide to do it on your own, of your own agency, because it is what you wanted to do. I know it is that way for me.

Edit: Now that you're here, though, I suppose the best advice is "Stay awhile and listen!"
I suppose I should be thankful that Lord YouTube has brought us more souls. But then I have to wonder, what is the impact on us that Lord YouTube expected would arise from the souls?

I'm pretty this is of my own choice and seriously and surely not because of wanting to try tower rushing or microing with heroes 🤔.

I would but sadly I am currently on a modding/texturing spree. I'm also playing through SC2 as well.

Oh. I remember enjoying WoL campaign when it was released. Might as well play the trilogy afterwards hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.