• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battlegrounds of the Lost 0.9.0.

Reactions: deepstrasz
266739-1a5f13825b84aecd3f3bc1af8a4a41e5.jpg

4 vs 4 MOBA-Like Base-Domination Hero Arena

Choose a unique hero and fight the enemy team.
There are no creep lanes or waves like in DotA or LoL.

Capture outposts to gather victory points and finish
your enemies' King to win the game!

There are large creep camps for leveling. Level up and
buy items to become a powerful hero.

Go to the points of interest like the Outposts, the lumber mill and Smithy, special leveling
areas and the boss locations.

Version: 0.9.0

Suggested Players: 4-8
Supported Players: 2-8

Exportet with Warcraft III Version 1.36.0.20257

Note: I refunded Reforged because I don't want to support it. It made everything worse. This map should work in HD Reforged mode, but I would really appreciate if somebody could review if it works. Thanks for your understanding.

Don't edit or reupload this map without my permission.

• Become a powerful hero
  • Help your team to gather victory points by capturing outposts. There are three different outposts
  • Kill the God of the Lost to gain 100 bonus victory points
  • After gathering 1000 victory points as a team, you can win the game by finishing the enemy team's King in their Base.
266743-1d7056e0587146c41af57de52b39e958.jpg
  1. At the taverns where you select your hero you find the "God of Information" that can show you the most important points of interest and helps you with additional information. You can also find information in the quest log.
  2. Select a hero and buy some starting items.
  3. After the game started, go and fight low level mobs until your power grows.
  4. You can teleport to friendly outposts and to your team's base with the teleport ability (9 seconds cast time & 90 seconds cooldown).
  5. Focus on capturing the outposts if possible!
266747-3374ca12dbfd3bc33202ae84051d4f18.jpg
  • Capture outposts by attacking it until it's HP are 1000 or less.
  • An outpost will be invulnerable for 60 seconds after it changed the owner.
  • You can buy defending units at outposts for lumber.
  • Defending units have the "slow" ability they will cast at enemies.
266745-8d852e34d2767695444705c1c06b4d4e.jpg
  • Like in LoL or other MOBAs there is a Ability Power and Magic Defense system.
  • You can see your current AP and MD in the display below the leaderboard.
  • The effects of AP and MD are displayed in the tooltips of the spells.
  • Some abilities are not affected by AP or MD.
  • There are six different shops for different tiers that sell items and recipes in your base.
  • If you read the tooltips of an recipe you can see the requirements and in which shops they can be found. Also the icon positions of upgrading recipes are usually at similar positions as their required items in the lower tier shops.
  • Some heroes uses alternative mana systems like a WoW energy or rage system or restoring mana by using an ability. Still, all mana regeneration / intelligence / max mana effects are usefull for most heroes in some way.
  • Some heroes use the classic mana system. Their spells are usually a little more powerful but they need to buy items that increase mana regeneration / intelligence / max mana to grow stronger.
266746-aa1242ae9dcc21ab4b63d13ed08854b6.png
  • Bosses are very strong enemies with basic WC3 abilities.
  • There are three different bosses that drop items with aura effects that can support you and your teammates.
  • Those items dropped by bosses will be dropped when the carrier dies. They can be sold for additional fold or be destroyed if you want to play safe.
  • There are larger jungle-creep areas where you can level up.
  • Mobs in those areas will respawn after 45 seconds when killed.
  • There are three special leveling areas where creeps spawn frequently. If nobody farmed the creeps in those areas recently, that can be a efficient way for better farming.
  • Those level areas may be higher competed and may lead to PVP-fights.
266744-a59dc88699ec7204556c1e5142aaab8f.png
  • It is one of my older maps, The very first file I found was from 2012.
  • 2015 was the first time I finished a real version of the Map, but the map size was by far too large.
  • From 2016 to 2018 I created a small version of the map and added some heroes from time to time.
  • In 2021 I already wanted to polish and upload the map but the motivation left me again.
  • After finishing 6 VS Wild mini-survival in 2023 (it was a new map, 3 weeks project), I finally polished and uploaded the map. i just wanted to share it even though I don't know if it is different enough from maps of the same genre.
  • I put a lot of time and effort into the map, especially into the heroes and the AP / MD system. I think I created some cool new heroes that are worth trying out!
  • My maps (made by McZero):

Version: 0.9., uploaded on September/03/2023
This is the first version of this map published.

Credits:
A huge thank you to all the creators of these great icons and models here on HIVE! Here are my assets used:
Resources in use by Battlegrounds of the Lost (V. 0.9.0)

Contents

Battlegrounds of the Lost 0.9.0 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Bonus ability power damage is done before the unit actually hits the target. You should use a damage detection system or the trigger a unit takes damage, not the trigger, a unit starts an attack. Why is Blizzard called Starfall though? Or rather why...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Bonus ability power damage is done before the unit actually hits the target. You should use a damage detection system or the trigger a unit takes damage, not the trigger, a unit starts an attack.
Why is Blizzard called Starfall though? Or rather why does it say frost bolts fall instead of stars?
Pretty much basic abilities.
Nice terrain although travel paths are not too obvious and some parts are narrow and can lock you between enemy players and creeps.
Every creep here seems lost.

So while quite a nice concept, it's not that well executed.

Approved.

Level 5
Bonus ability power damage is done before the unit actually hits the target. You should use a damage detection system or the trigger a unit takes damage, not the trigger, a unit starts an attack.
Why is Blizzard called Starfall though? Or rather why does it say frost bolts fall instead of stars?
Pretty much basic abilities.
Nice terrain although travel paths are not too obvious and some parts are narrow and can lock you between enemy players and creeps.
Every creep here seems lost.

So while quite a nice concept, it's not that well executed.

Approved.
Thanks for the approval and for the feedback! If I come back to this map I will improve thinks you were saying. I have one last map I will hopefully be able polish and share in the next time before I come back to this one!

If anybody finds any bugs please message me so i try to prioritize bugfixing.