• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battlefront: I can't do it alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
*WARNING* This is a LOOOONG read with many details. I figured the more the better. If you don't have the attention span, well, I don't need your help anyways. So if you think you're interested then keep reading.

Hello,

I'm kinda new to the site, but I've been making maps(slowly) for awhile now. My project kinda started a few months back. I decided to make a Multiplayer map called Battlefront. The idea was simple. 2 enemy sides attempt to destroy the other team's bases and ultimately destroy the enemy's main base. It had elements of Hero Arena maps, since you got to pick a class, like DotA it sent out units to attack each other. But it was different from those, and I didn't even notice the similarities until recently. The main focus was creating an over the shoulder camera and an environment that was somewhat realistic from that view, since the game usually looked best from the default view.

But in the middle of making the map, I had to reformat my computer, and I saved the files elsewhere, and couldn't find my CD. I found the codes to install about a week ago, and I decided it'd be cool to make a campaign. Long story short, I've been working on a tutorial level since then, but the gameplay is lacking, since I'm only really good at a couple aspects, and that is making the layout and environment of the map, and the plot writing.

Worse yet, I keep thinking up features to set it apart, which I will have issues creating myself.

Some features I want are:

Multiplayer option. I'm setting it up so as a single player you can play the main character and with players 2-4 you can pick a class.
Multiple weapons. I'd like to offer a few weapons to use.
First Person view, so you can see the gun and such but not the rest of the character
Interesting cutscenes with voiced characters

On top of the campaign I'd like to include some multiplayer maps for online play. The original Battlefront I was making has mysteriously lost all it's triggers on the backup I have and the other one is protected so I can't open it, but I'd also like to make a capture the flag game.

So, yeah, long explanation, but I'd like everyone to be on the same page.

But the point is, I can't do something like this by myself, it'll take years of practicing triggering and cutscenes to get the quality I want.

So help I need:

Cutscene "director" who is good with cameras and cutscene triggering
Weapons System programmer, who can create the weapons system. Will need to be good with triggers.
Multiplayer Map triggering. I can make the layout but I can't trigger well.
Triggering - Other. I'm not excellent at triggering, but I can do some things. but I'm not good with variables and such, which some maps need.
Modeler/Skinner. I can't make custom models and skins and I think it'd look stupid if I just had a ton of mismatched units based off various tv series or other video games.

If anyone is interested, let me know, and I'll give more information about what I want.

That's about it. Sorry for the long read. You can stop now, but I'll give a small plot synopsis below, because I know some people like to understand the plot before they decide if they like it:

So, stop reading if you definitely aren't interested or don't feel your work will be quality:

A war breaks out in the year 2005. 2 alliances are made, but all the nations of the world basically dissolve into each other and each alliance eventually becomes full nations. So th setting is a few years after the war breaks out. One side is now trying to conquer the world just to remove their enemies and have control, the other is attempting to bring peace back by defeating the other. So neither is really good or bad bur technically you are fighting for the "good" side, to get world peace. You've just finished training in the toughest program the military has to offer. It's nothing special like the Spartans of Halo, it's more like the Marines of the US army, only slightly more intense. And then you battle the enemy, and the plot thickens, until the final climax.

Pretty straightforward.

Who knows, maybe you suck with the map editor but are interested in playing now :grin:

Level 6
training in the toughest program the military has to offer. It's nothing special like the Spartans of Halo, it's more like the Marines of the US army, only slightly more intense.
ha..ha.ha...The marines don't have the toughest (or close to it) special military program.
Since you're good with story plots, why not increase the time a few decades? Or base it in an entirely different world, with modern weapons and armies (they wouldn't have the same name)?

I think you're going a little overboard with voice acting. I posted an accuracy trigger that works for multi player on this place a few days ago, just bumped. Might want to look into it.

Level 5
Thanks I'll take a look.

And the goal of it was supposed to be as realistic as possible for multiplayer.

But you know how it goes. It gets boring unless you add either a doomsday plot or magic at the end :p

And I don't think the voices are going too far. In game there'll be a few like "Enemies Detected" or something.

Level 5
I personally think that it's not very realistic when I guy just talks with text. So I'm going to get some voicing done for the opening, and I'll see how I do the ending. And then a few voice clips to play during the game. Simple short things.

Status
Not open for further replies.