• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battlefield Heroes closed beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Anyone tried this yet? Opinions?

My expectations aren't high, but I'm giving it a shot anyway. I just grabbed a beta key and I'm currently downloading it. So I might as well go through with it.

There's this site giving out Beta Keys, you just plug in your email and you get one. They're going fast, but there is still plenty left. Grab one while you can if you're interested.

Battlefield Heroes Beta Key Giveaway - Presented By MyInternetServices.com

I'll give out my opinion after I'm done downloading/trying the game.

Level 17
Well I played a bit, it's OK for a Beta. Considering it's free...

What really pains me is that they're going for the "Pay real moneyz for items" scheme. Where you can use these points to outfit your character with a bunch of random clothing and crap. It has no effect on the battlefield, but it's just for looks. (And yes, people ARE retarded enough to buy it. I've seen it plenty.)

The game feels a bit shallow, considering it's really basic. It feels like a cell-shaded Battlefield, with 3 vehicles, limited weaponry (And even that, you need to earn by leveling), and like 3 maps.

There's 3 classes, but you can't change mid-game ala other battlefields. You make your character, with your class, and you stick by it. You can switch characters though.

It's got some abilities added in when you level up. Like "Hero shield", "Eat grenades" and a bunch of other shit. Although some of these abilities, namely "Burning Bullets" are really cheap and un-balanced.

The graphics look neat, reminds me of Team fortress 2. My shitty Laptop can also run it without a hitch, and it still looks decent (For a free game.)

I wasn't expecting much considering this is just a Beta, and a free game at that. I guess more will be added in the long run.

Unlike other battlefields, games are pretty short (10-15 minutes) and maps are considerably smaller. So it's fun in short bursts, just don't play it too long.

Oh, and the airplane is useless because it's hard to use as fuck and is limited to machine guns meaning you have to dive in to take a shot at ground targets. You won't get much done, trust me. They need to add some bombs to that thing.

Level 15
Well, i got a shitload of Beta-keys. I think im up on 6. a good ammount from their Server offer, and then i later got one wich i asked for. Soooo...

well, the game is okay. Not really something special, yet...

It would be better with more of everything. Vehicles, weapons, maps, abillitys, stuff like that. It's only a beta, though.

Level 7
Its a failure as even a look-alike for Team Fortress 2. Trust me, anybody who pays some money can get good weapons and then your pretty much screwed in battle. Its just not that great. Its a good time waster when you've bored out all your other games, but nothing to pay for.

Go get Team Fortress 2 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.