• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle of Edsaras v 1.0.

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: ORLYowl
Battle of Edsaras
This map was completely made by me, i've used quite a long time on this, but havent been editing all the time.

The Idea:
It started as a map for me to grow in trigger skills, and the last month i have used alot of time on this.

Gameplay:

You start with a wisp, and choose a hero:

There are 6 heroes, each of them will grant a base.

It is a timed spawn, so you get spawn every 90 second, you can buy 2 keeps to get better units, so if you have a sharp head, and stratetic skills you be able to win.

Inspiration

King Leopold
X-omg-X
And friends

Reason for uploading it:
I have tested it on battle.net and only got positive comments, X-omg-X tested it and gave me positive comments, and also i think that uploading it on hive will bring new ideas from you guys, and inspire me to improve it!

Hiveworkshop
Hubcool
King Leopold
X-omg-X
-BerzerkeR-
The model makers, they are credited in quests ;)

Keywords:
Medieval,Strategy,Nature,Custom Spells,Creeps,Tactics,Fun,Elf,Orc,Satyr,Naga,Human,Nerubian,
Contents

Battle of Edsaras v 1.0. (Map)

Reviews
06:43, 4th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 5
I played on US East with a person named lolownyou. I put the other slots as AI. He had this to say about the map:
"When a hero dies, don't make the player lose all gold and wood. It is unfair. When you kill someone, make it that the guy that died gets another base because you can die easily. PS: This gets a 1, you can do better. Have fun with making it :) Fun :)"

He insisted on the :)s, so there you have it.
As for mine,
I have a positive thing to say about this map, and that is that it didn't crash on me. Now on to the negative.

First it started at the loading screen. the screen was dark, and it had black letters. It was difficult to read the information there.

Then we went to pick the heros. The AI was absent. That made me sad. I picked the Dwarf and started playing. First thing I noticed was that dwarves have the defend ability, but not the ability to research it. Second thing I noticed was the similiarity of tool tips to origional units, making me think they are edited base units.

I then tried to get the gates open. I opened the external one, but ended up having to kill the internal one to get it open. It was an easy kill though, so there wasn't much problem there. I then attacked some Kobolds, and continued on to an orc base. I died at the orc base, lost all my wood at 145 wood. I was upset with that. I continued to assault it and discovered that the non-player bases appear to keep spawning and have no caps. An AI is needed, or you need to cap it before it gets out of hand.

I discovered that the base allows you to revive heros. That cost me 90 gold.

Continuing playing it, I eventually built the keep level 1, and then a keep level 2. I quit before level 2 was built. I did notice that you could build multiple level 1s. I am not sure why you chose to do that.

This game has issues. it needs polish. The problems it has is easily fixed, and the reasons that they wouldn't be fixed that I can tell is because the map maker was in a rush to finish. Having never fought my opposing player on the field of battle I don't know how the balance is, but I suspect it could use work too. I give this map a 2/5 in it's current state, And recommend it not be approved until issues such as gate commands and instructions for such be fixed, plus the things like heros being able to be revived when they spawn instead, some tooltips, and some abilities that have no upgrade research for them.

Level 5
I played on US East with a person named lolownyou. I put the other slots as AI. He had this to say about the map:
"When a hero dies, don't make the player lose all gold and wood. It is unfair. When you kill someone, make it that the guy that died gets another base because you can die easily. PS: This gets a 1, you can do better. Have fun with making it :) Fun :)"

He insisted on the :)s, so there you have it.
As for mine,
I have a positive thing to say about this map, and that is that it didn't crash on me. Now on to the negative.

First it started at the loading screen. the screen was dark, and it had black letters. It was difficult to read the information there.

Then we went to pick the heros. The AI was absent. That made me sad. I picked the Dwarf and started playing. First thing I noticed was that dwarves have the defend ability, but not the ability to research it. Second thing I noticed was the similiarity of tool tips to origional units, making me think they are edited base units.

I then tried to get the gates open. I opened the external one, but ended up having to kill the internal one to get it open. It was an easy kill though, so there wasn't much problem there. I then attacked some Kobolds, and continued on to an orc base. I died at the orc base, lost all my wood at 145 wood. I was upset with that. I continued to assault it and discovered that the non-player bases appear to keep spawning and have no caps. An AI is needed, or you need to cap it before it gets out of hand.

I discovered that the base allows you to revive heros. That cost me 90 gold.

Continuing playing it, I eventually built the keep level 1, and then a keep level 2. I quit before level 2 was built. I did notice that you could build multiple level 1s. I am not sure why you chose to do that.

This game has issues. it needs polish. The problems it has is easily fixed, and the reasons that they wouldn't be fixed that I can tell is because the map maker was in a rush to finish. Having never fought my opposing player on the field of battle I don't know how the balance is, but I suspect it could use work too. I give this map a 2/5 in it's current state, And recommend it not be approved until issues such as gate commands and instructions for such be fixed, plus the things like heros being able to be revived when they spawn instead, some tooltips, and some abilities that have no upgrade research for them.

OK :) you should actually just loose 100 wood, so must be a leak, i have made the trigger to open for the owner of the dwarven castle, but have to be leaked

Level 2
The sole mentioning of King Leopold and War of the Lost Kingdoms caught my eye... I'm gonna download it soon, so I'll come later to give you my opinions.

Level 10
My Review:
Pros:
Triggers seems.... Fine, but it coud use abit less... Copying of same files... 3/5

Terrain is not that good.... It's Fine but coud use abit... I don't know... Something more atleas. A 2/5

Balancing(not checked)

Units(not Checked)

Tooltips(not Checked)

Score: ?/25