• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle of Armies v1.05b

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
In this battle u should train lot o unit and u can use upgrades to make them stronger.

Keywords:
Battle of Armies
Contents

Battle of Armies v1.05b (Map)

Reviews
22:26, 28th Feb 2011 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 3
with this much description i think its going to be the next success, now that i made my evil comment part, lets move on to the good, please, please upgrade this description and im going to test it now, will come back for the feedback

Ok so here's the deal
good - Nice models and castle construction, very good unit description
medium - small map, with almost nothing but two rivers and lotsa of trees in the boundaries, the music command and the color are good
poor - no description of game mechanics alias the only description is the changelog, thats all not even the anihilate your enemy quest, few buildings i couldt figure out how to get resources until i killed someone, also theres no research requirement for the units, so i can build like 12 ultra good units and kill my enemy with no problem, and i wont even start talking about about the terrain its pretty obvius how bad it is, couldnt find a upgrade building if theres any
misc - why the hell there are 2 rivers in it??? no one goes there

Rating - 0/10
seriously improve it, if you want i can help with the terrain

Last edited:
Level 5
For a battle, that terrain it's so bad and such a description you should start from point 0, in future try have those in mind on description:

-Features(whats unique on map from the others(counts for origininality))
-Screenshots(Gives us a idea of the map and adds some attention)
-How to play(Tell us how to play, like what we must to do)
-Changelog(For updates)
-And some additional information that you think it is important

For the current status of the map
Rating: N/A Voting for rejection

Final note: Spend time on the map, take your time, look at other maps that are approved, feel inspired and come with something original and well done.

Have a nice day.

Level 10
This map looks really bad. The terrain looks really basic and why did you make a map preview for the map that looks just like the minimap? That makes no sense, it is just a waste of space and increases your map's filesize. The description really needs to be improved as well, but before you can even think of improving the description, please lower the filesize! This map is way too big for no reason at all.

Level 28
Negative points:
  • Flat, empty terrain.
  • Bad use of imported material (my advice: remove all imported materials and re-import those you actually need).
  • Lacking gameplay.
  • Multi-upload (breaks the rules).
  • Uncredited material (breaks the rules).
  • Lacking description (breaks the rules).
  • Inefficient triggers.
  • Memory leaks.
  • I noticed some imbalances.

Level 3
Negative points:
  • Flat, empty terrain.
  • Bad use of imported material (my advice: remove all imported materials and re-import those you actually need).
  • Lacking gameplay.
  • Multi-upload (breaks the rules).
  • Uncredited material (breaks the rules).
  • Lacking description (breaks the rules).
  • Inefficient triggers.
  • Memory leaks.
  • I noticed some imbalances.

is there a positive? xD :xxd:

Level 10
In my list of negative points? I doubt it.
In your game? Yes, descriptions for example. And object modifications. Can't really think of anything else right now.

You get better by improving your negative points, not by hearing your positive ones.
That's why I only list the negative things.

Personally, I agree with that, but some people like to hear the positive points on their map to see everything that they did correctly and to see what people really like about your map. Especially in a review, but I guess you listing your negative points wasn't technically a review.

Well, I was going to try this map to try not to have a post that is 100% OT, but I see it is rejected...