• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Battle of the Five Armies

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The epic battle for the riches of the Kingdom of Erebor has begun!

The player who is in control of Erebor at the end of the 30 minutes wins.
Erebor is claimed by moving a unit into the Circle of Power in front of the throne within Erebor.

Instructions for the Sons of Durin:
Your camp is up North. You can create more soldiers in your war camp.
To open and close the gate of Erebor, type "-open gate", or "-close gate".
You can also win by picking up the Arkenstone with Thorin. Bilbo Baggins has the Arkenstone.

Instructions for the Defenders of Dale:
In addition to trying to take Erebor, you must also defend the villagers of Dale, who are locked in the keep, from the orcs. Luckily, you have two armies to do it: the people of Laketown, and the elven army of Thranduil. Be careful: Smaug wanders the open battlefield, and might attack Dale.
To open and close the North gate, type "-open north gate" and "-close north gate".
To open and close the South gate, type "-open south gate" and "-close south gate".
You can create new Human units from the Dale war camps, and new elven units from the Elven war camp.
You can use Bilbo to scout, but be careful not to let him fall into the hands of Thorin.

Instructions for Gundabad Orcs:
You have two armies; the army of Azog the Destroyer in the northeast, and the army of Bolg in the southwest. You decide when to break forth and attack. Attack the lever in front of each rock pile to break it down.
In addition to conquering Erebor, you can also win by slaughtering all of the villagers of Dale and also the entire company of Thorin Oakenshield.

This map is still a rough draft, so I would greatly appreciate any suggestions and feedback.
Contents

The Battle of the Five Armies (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Forces are named Force 1, 2, 3. Which is which? As the red player you get the starting camera in the fog of war in the top right corner. Usual Warcraft III spells, not even mixed (heroes). Some units don't have a description like the rifleman. Learn...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. Forces are named Force 1, 2, 3. Which is which?
  2. As the red player you get the starting camera in the fog of war in the top right corner.
  3. Usual Warcraft III spells, not even mixed (heroes).
  4. Some units don't have a description like the rifleman. Learn about tooltips:
    Tooltip Tutorial
    Creating Good Descriptions
  5. The terrain is bare, almost not even minimum. Read the links down below about making good/proper terrains.
  6. The gate has Call to Arms for Peasants?
Sorry but this is like me when I first opened up the Warcraft II editor.
Play some maps and invest time and passion before uploading something on Hiveworkshop.

Also, unfinished maps go here: Map Development After completion or late/at least beta you can update this thread.

Substandard.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

U P L O A D I N G - A - M A P

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/