• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle Net Log In Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys ,

I am trying to log into Warcraft 3 battle.net but I get this error "Unable to connect to Battle.net. You may be trying to connect to an invalid Battle.net server. If you are using a modem you may need to manually connect to the Internet before connecting to Battle.net"

I am able to log into Battle.net on other Blizzard games like StarCraft and have no internet connection issues so I'm not sure what is causing this error. Also on the game launcher it has an option to repair game which I have tried multiple times but the repair game button remains there after it completes. Also I have tried uninstalling the game and re-installing it multiple times but still get the same error.

The version of Warcraft 3 I have is 1.28.5.7680 and my computer is an ASUS Windows 10 Home Edition , version 1703, OS build 15063.674

Any help is super appreciated !

Thanks

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Your IP might be temporarily banned. To help combat DoS attacks the BattleNet servers will IP ban any address that it detects as flooding. This detection can be a bit too sensitive at times, so you can get temporary IP bans for doing harmless activities such as refreshing the game list too often, joining and leaving lobbies too fast, sending too many chat messages too quickly, creating lobbies to quickly etc. The ban usually lasts an hour or so, but will automatically be extended every time you try to connect to them while IP banned.

Try connecting to a different BattleNet region, as each has separate IP ban lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.