• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle for Souls 5.5 Eng

This map is attempt to continue that map. I am new author - Velociraptor has given me open-source.

AoS style-map with very,very many items and heroes. You can launch unlimited computer bots with -b and -c commands in single-player mode.

You know about MUGEN fighting engine? Which creates 2D Characters from all fightings in only one game? So Battle for Souls - attempt to create MUGEN in the world WarCraft III, for AoS-Style maps, and not only. All games in only one game. And you can change it, as you want.
You can always find OPEN-SOURCE version of that very big map on official site. But I CAN'T now help with any problems with open or save Open-Source, because don't know how.

The bloody fight of Darkness and Light does not stop never. She goes always - even in your own souls. Choose, on which side are you?
You are true adept of Light? You know, what is angry also of gloom should be always punished? You know, what higher of all are friendship, trust, love and kindness? You understand, what any meanness early or late will reveal? What secret always becomes obvious and there is nothing the more dearly present friends and liked, against which always it is possible to lean? What the most important treasures - kind heart and pure conscience?
Or you are warrior of Darkness? You agree that Light adepts are stupids and fools? What for trust always pay in a deceit? What the present friends no, and all is done only for the sake of personal benefit? What there is no love, and there are only corporal instincts multiplied by vanity and complacency? What main are personal self-perfection? What strong is always right? What for one million gold coins any in a convenient situation throws the knife in a back to the one whom yesterday named by the friend?
You have made this choice? Now you should battle for YOUR SIDE!
All warriors of the opposite party must DIE! Choose YOUR way to victory.

Download http://clawbfs.ucoz.ru/GameDll/gamedll2/game.dll and place it into your WarCraft III directory for netplay.
For Garena, also place that file into your Room folder: http://clawbfs.ucoz.ru/GameDll/garenadll/msimg32.dll
If you have problems with some servers with new file, change your game.dll back: http://clawbfs.ucoz.ru/GameDll/gamedll1/game.dll

Battle for Souls 5.5

Maybe It's last version of Battle for Souls project as "map", i think about creation more from him. You can found detailed information on site, when it comes. So, now project, maybe, freezed. I really like that result of many years :)

-New feature: Commentators!
You can choose your Commentator in your Circle. "Commentators" means sound set, which comments your kills. Default Commentator now names "WarCraft Spirit".

-New Commentator: Hercules!
Kill enemies with sounds from Hercules Disney! Of course, all copyrights has Disney, and i can remove that Commentator at any time, but i don't think that is problem for fun game ^^

No new heroes in that version, because 162 unique heroes isn't so small, i try to improve current heroes and items and adding new features.

-Just for English version: improved terrain! (thx PogoMaster)

-New secret alternate avatar for hero Rustle, Hydralisk - Slither, Slithereen
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Shambler, Fat Corpse - Pogo, Clown Devourer
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Lloth, Lady Nothing - Alice, Chess Queen
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Lloth, Lady Nothing - Xanatos, Black Noir
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Bushroot, Dark Treant - Halloween, Pumpkin
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Mordred Hamim, Daedra - Rend, Blackhand
(Reminder: you can choose alternate avatar in your Circle. Some heroes also has secret alternate avatars)

-Larva alternate avatar model changed on more good variant

-Dinosaur: first ability remaked
-Fire Lord: additional damage from first ability is now magic damage
-Fire Lord: added tooltip for Pentagram ability, her damage type is pure
-Radiance: lifesteal from "Hungry Paw" ability increased from 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% to 15%/30%/45%/60%/75%.
-Indigene: damage from "Trap of Plants" ability increased from 70/140/210/180/350 to 90/180/270/360/450

-Increased visual size and circle of selection size for heroes Cultist and Cuttingtorch

-Splinter of Eternal Ice: remaked, now has active slow frost nova instead of passive orb effect slow with each attack, his goldcost also changed from 5100 to 4100
-New item Thief Boots
-New item Pushstick
-Returned old item Miner Equipment, now you can buy him in Thief Hall

-Bubble of True Sight: cooldown of active ability increased from 20 to 100 seconds
-Stone of True Sight: shop cooldown increased from 80 to 140 seconds

-Fixed that Apocalypse Rider, Nut Goblin and Lobster has ranged attack instead of melee attack

-Very many new fun names!
-Added new peoples to Credits
-Many other minor optimizations, fixes and changes

Added: sorry and thanks for report!!! Wrong file was uploaded, that was open-source file. Fixed.

Fallen_Crusader (EWA) - author of very old Gifts of Death AoS map, Battle for Souls was created from open-source of Gifts of Death
Ameli, che - first testers of Battle for Souls
Ker-Tinor, LaNeX, Dragonling, respect_gg - testing, ideas (old versions)
Gortz - author of Villain hero idea (hero without vision of the allies)
Ahotnik001 - creator of some icons
Masokist91 - terrain, some ideas
DarkWeird, ModernKiller - testers
epsilon - great model of Tower Spirit!
Saif - Mad Hatter hero icon
judash137 - some models (i just download it)
Dionesiist - Lord of Outtime alternate avatar model
ike_ike - Woodpiece hero model
7SteptoHell - testing, help with terrain
Callahan, FlameSword, BloodElf300, JesusHipster (Cookie, RetroSexual), Kuhneghetz, Skizzik, Weep, Pyramidhe@d, -Grendel, Darius-, JetFangInferno, UgoUgo, D.O.G., Hexus, Iron, Thrikodius, Glen Elendra, icewolf055, HappyCockroach - help with models
Symar, [iNCoast] - balance
Marcos DAB - some recolored icons

Claw - tester of 2.00-3.2b versions, author of current versions starting from 3.3

"Mokujin Wins!" is a sound from Tekken 3 game.

Screenshots:

bfsnew1.png

bfsnew2.png

bfsnew3.png

Keywords:
AoS, Many Heroes, Open-Source
Contents

Battle for Souls 5.5 Eng (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2012/Jan/02 19:35:17 Reasons: Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object...
Level 7
Battle for Souls 5.5

Maybe It's last version of Battle for Souls project as "map", i think about creation more from him. You can found detailed information on site, when it comes. So, now project, maybe, freezed. I really like that result of many years :)

-New feature: Commentators!
You can choose your Commentator in your Circle. "Commentators" means sound set, which comments your kills. Default Commentator now names "WarCraft Spirit".

-New Commentator: Hercules!
Kill enemies with sounds from Hercules Disney! Of course, all copyrights has Disney, and i can remove that Commentator at any time, but i don't think that is problem for fun game ^^

No new heroes in that version, because 162 unique heroes isn't so small, i try to improve current heroes and items and adding new features.

-Just for English version: improved terrain! (thx PogoMaster)

-New secret alternate avatar for hero Rustle, Hydralisk - Slither, Slithereen
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Shambler, Fat Corpse - Pogo, Clown Devourer
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Lloth, Lady Nothing - Alice, Chess Queen
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Lloth, Lady Nothing - Xanatos, Black Noir
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Bushroot, Dark Treant - Halloween, Pumpkin
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Mordred Hamim, Daedra - Rend, Blackhand
(Reminder: you can choose alternate avatar in your Circle. Some heroes also has secret alternate avatars)

-Larva alternate avatar model changed on more good variant

-Dinosaur: first ability remaked
-Fire Lord: additional damage from first ability is now magic damage
-Fire Lord: added tooltip for Pentagram ability, her damage type is pure
-Radiance: lifesteal from "Hungry Paw" ability increased from 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% to 15%/30%/45%/60%/75%.
-Indigene: damage from "Trap of Plants" ability increased from 70/140/210/180/350 to 90/180/270/360/450

-Increased visual size and circle of selection size for heroes Cultist and Cuttingtorch

-Splinter of Eternal Ice: remaked, now has active slow frost nova instead of passive orb effect slow with each attack, his goldcost also changed from 5100 to 4100
-New item Thief Boots
-New item Pushstick
-Returned old item Miner Equipment, now you can buy him in Thief Hall

-Bubble of True Sight: cooldown of active ability increased from 20 to 100 seconds
-Stone of True Sight: shop cooldown increased from 80 to 140 seconds

-Fixed that Apocalypse Rider, Nut Goblin and Lobster has ranged attack instead of melee attack

-Very many new fun names!
-Added new peoples to Credits
-Many other minor optimizations, fixes and changes

Level 2
Battle for souls, i think is way cooler than dota,
since im tired of playing it..
Does this have an AI.
cause i Couldn't Find in your Map Description..

Level 7
I play just in single-player now, i say, project is freezed. I really need to relax after big and hard development and think about create Battle for Souls not as map, but as game (in a converted and changed WarCraft III). I has many great hero, items and modes ideas, and also want alternate "maps" (terrains) for battle with all heroes (like HoN and LoL has different maps for battles). BFS now has just two different terrains - for English and Russian versions. She has many modes, that can compensate this lack, but anyway project now must be more, than just a "map".
But, because donations was small, I can't do that fast now, although really want it. So, I repeat, project is freezed. When information will be, I will tell about it.

Level 2
oh Too bad, anyway have fun relaxing, Surely awesome developers like you, who made this kind of map. need a break :D
This is really addicting, i'm definitely Pwning AI.
10/10

Level 2
oh Too bad, anyway have fun relaxing, Surely awesome developers like you, who made this kind of map. need a break :D
This is really addicting, i'm definitely Pwning AI.
10/10

Level 7
Thanks a lot again. Battle for Souls now has not more than 20% of my ideas! Even now my brain creates new ideas of heroes, i can't stop it. :D
For example, i played today in Kirby game on Game Boy Advance, so now i want Kirby in Battle for Souls! And i has idea for her spell pack. And i has model from Hive Workshop, her author in Credits now, for other models. But when can i do it?!
I want to collect all great ideas from all games and create all my ideas, for ULTIMATE MULTIVERSE!
All that i want - help not just with words. Even minor donations can help. Unless I has less time for development...

But I can't eat just good reviews about my map. And anyway i need time to relax at least without "active" actions. ^^ And thinking about reconstructions of project.

Have great fun in single-player now!
(Use -exton and -b and -c commands).