1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Battle for Souls 5.5 Eng

Submitted by Claw
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This map is attempt to continue that map. I am new author - Velociraptor has given me open-source.

AoS style-map with very,very many items and heroes. You can launch unlimited computer bots with -b and -c commands in single-player mode.

You know about MUGEN fighting engine? Which creates 2D Characters from all fightings in only one game? So Battle for Souls - attempt to create MUGEN in the world WarCraft III, for AoS-Style maps, and not only. All games in only one game. And you can change it, as you want.
You can always find OPEN-SOURCE version of that very big map on official site. But I CAN'T now help with any problems with open or save Open-Source, because don't know how.

Story

The bloody fight of Darkness and Light does not stop never. She goes always - even in your own souls. Choose, on which side are you?
You are true adept of Light? You know, what is angry also of gloom should be always punished? You know, what higher of all are friendship, trust, love and kindness? You understand, what any meanness early or late will reveal? What secret always becomes obvious and there is nothing the more dearly present friends and liked, against which always it is possible to lean? What the most important treasures - kind heart and pure conscience?
Or you are warrior of Darkness? You agree that Light adepts are stupids and fools? What for trust always pay in a deceit? What the present friends no, and all is done only for the sake of personal benefit? What there is no love, and there are only corporal instincts multiplied by vanity and complacency? What main are personal self-perfection? What strong is always right? What for one million gold coins any in a convenient situation throws the knife in a back to the one whom yesterday named by the friend?
You have made this choice? Now you should battle for YOUR SIDE!
All warriors of the opposite party must DIE! Choose YOUR way to victory.

Netplay Instructions

Download http://clawbfs.ucoz.ru/GameDll/gamedll2/game.dll and place it into your WarCraft III directory for netplay.
For Garena, also place that file into your Room folder: http://clawbfs.ucoz.ru/GameDll/garenadll/msimg32.dll
If you have problems with some servers with new file, change your game.dll back: http://clawbfs.ucoz.ru/GameDll/gamedll1/game.dll

Latest Changelog

Battle for Souls 5.5

Maybe It's last version of Battle for Souls project as "map", i think about creation more from him. You can found detailed information on site, when it comes. So, now project, maybe, freezed. I really like that result of many years :)

-New feature: Commentators!
You can choose your Commentator in your Circle. "Commentators" means sound set, which comments your kills. Default Commentator now names "WarCraft Spirit".

-New Commentator: Hercules!
Kill enemies with sounds from Hercules Disney! Of course, all copyrights has Disney, and i can remove that Commentator at any time, but i don't think that is problem for fun game ^^

No new heroes in that version, because 162 unique heroes isn't so small, i try to improve current heroes and items and adding new features.

-Just for English version: improved terrain! (thx PogoMaster)

-New secret alternate avatar for hero Rustle, Hydralisk - Slither, Slithereen
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Shambler, Fat Corpse - Pogo, Clown Devourer
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Lloth, Lady Nothing - Alice, Chess Queen
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Lloth, Lady Nothing - Xanatos, Black Noir
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Bushroot, Dark Treant - Halloween, Pumpkin
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Mordred Hamim, Daedra - Rend, Blackhand
(Reminder: you can choose alternate avatar in your Circle. Some heroes also has secret alternate avatars)

-Larva alternate avatar model changed on more good variant

-Dinosaur: first ability remaked
-Fire Lord: additional damage from first ability is now magic damage
-Fire Lord: added tooltip for Pentagram ability, her damage type is pure
-Radiance: lifesteal from "Hungry Paw" ability increased from 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% to 15%/30%/45%/60%/75%.
-Indigene: damage from "Trap of Plants" ability increased from 70/140/210/180/350 to 90/180/270/360/450

-Increased visual size and circle of selection size for heroes Cultist and Cuttingtorch

-Splinter of Eternal Ice: remaked, now has active slow frost nova instead of passive orb effect slow with each attack, his goldcost also changed from 5100 to 4100
-New item Thief Boots
-New item Pushstick
-Returned old item Miner Equipment, now you can buy him in Thief Hall

-Bubble of True Sight: cooldown of active ability increased from 20 to 100 seconds
-Stone of True Sight: shop cooldown increased from 80 to 140 seconds

-Fixed that Apocalypse Rider, Nut Goblin and Lobster has ranged attack instead of melee attack

-Very many new fun names!
-Added new peoples to Credits
-Many other minor optimizations, fixes and changes

Added: sorry and thanks for report!!! Wrong file was uploaded, that was open-source file. Fixed.

Credits

Fallen_Crusader (EWA) - author of very old Gifts of Death AoS map, Battle for Souls was created from open-source of Gifts of Death
Ameli, che - first testers of Battle for Souls
Ker-Tinor, LaNeX, Dragonling, respect_gg - testing, ideas (old versions)
Gortz - author of Villain hero idea (hero without vision of the allies)
Ahotnik001 - creator of some icons
Masokist91 - terrain, some ideas
DarkWeird, ModernKiller - testers
epsilon - great model of Tower Spirit!
Saif - Mad Hatter hero icon
judash137 - some models (i just download it)
Dionesiist - Lord of Outtime alternate avatar model
ike_ike - Woodpiece hero model
7SteptoHell - testing, help with terrain
Callahan, FlameSword, BloodElf300, JesusHipster (Cookie, RetroSexual), Kuhneghetz, Skizzik, Weep, Pyramidhe@d, -Grendel, Darius-, JetFangInferno, UgoUgo, D.O.G., Hexus, Iron, Thrikodius, Glen Elendra, icewolf055, HappyCockroach - help with models
Symar, [iNCoast] - balance
Marcos DAB - some recolored icons

Claw - tester of 2.00-3.2b versions, author of current versions starting from 3.3

"Mokujin Wins!" is a sound from Tekken 3 game.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Keywords:
AoS, Many Heroes, Open-Source
Contents

Battle for Souls 5.5 Eng (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2012/Jan/02 19:35:17 Reasons: Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object...
  1. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Could you put the credits list in the description? I will then approve your map.

2. Claw

Claw

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Added credits list in the description.

Map still not approved? (

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  3. Mgeterno11

Mgeterno11

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please do not multi-post, mate. Would you use the edit button instead?:) Fix this immediately. So please delete the second post and then paste to the first post which you have posted to the second post.
    Do not take this personally, i just want to help you.
    Thanks.
    This map seemed to be cool according to the screenshots, i will test it. :)

I tested it and i really like it! I hope it will be approved. I rate it 5/5.
    I like the units, the gameplay and the items, too! Good work.
    I like the new abilities, lots of creativity lie in this and the epic choice of the heroes! The terrain is good, too, really sunken-citadel-type.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  4. Claw

Claw

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Done.

Thanks.
    But the triggers can be made better, I know it now. And it will be in the new versions.
    Also, you can download and change Open-Source now, if you want it.

I too )

5. Mgeterno11

Mgeterno11

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You are welcome. :) I am glad that i could help. Well, good luck with the triggers.

6. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    herpy derpy approved
    sorry about the long wait

7. Presley0402

Presley0402

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not bad at all.

8. Raiden

Raiden

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I actually liked the terrain from an older version of this map... can you provide me with it? New one is too symmetrical, it's boring!

9. Claw

Claw

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Raiden, i think about new terrain, but it's hard for me. I am afraid to make terrain worse than current. With import terrains from other creators also was problems. Maybe, if i create beta with new land, i shall lay out link here, for the choose.
    On old snow terrain no one wanted to battle on "long" line, all goes to fight on "short". Not very good, too ^^ But you can still download old versions on epicwar, but they has some bugs and problems, especially in netplay.
    Thanks a lot for the rate.

Added: i really like that great model for hero. And i create a test-map - hero with this model. Of course, If i place it into the Battle for Souls, i will add Epsilon in Credits. Who what thinks?

Download link (i think, isn't problem? But fix if needed)

EPSILON, TOWER SPIRIT

Map is Open-Source.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  10. Claw

Claw

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Double-post, because it's update.

Battle for Souls v 3.4

If you find bugs or any problems, post here please... if problems very serious, i will create version with hotfix...
    REMINDER: you can download open-source (!) on official site.

-New hero: Epsilon, Tower Spirit
    (totally of 129 unique heroes now!)

-Optimization of all triggers of Phoenix
    -Watermorph: fixed minor big with first ability
    -Servant of Ansectors: fixed bug with Blight Silence ability on Darkness side (bug with default WarCraft III fog ladder ability targets)
    -Servant of Ansectors: ability Cursed are changed to new ability Sweep
    -Obsidian Statue: minor fix of ability "Krishna Sight", also now that ability doesn't work on buildings
    -Spirit of Vengeance: new icon for "Aura of Speed" ability. Old icon of that ability are moved to ultimate spell
    -Cleric: limit of "Sacred Hand" damage are 200 now instead of 400
    -Tauren Chieftain: new icon for third ability
    -Shadowmask: icon of ability "Summon" are auto-cast now
    -Goblin Sappers: icon of ability "Mobility" are passive now
    -Polar Bear: icon of ability "Polar Light" are passive now
    -Faceless: icon of ability "Energy Pulse" are passive now
    -Alchemist: icon of ability "Transmute" are passive now
    -Centaur Warchief: icon of ability "Might" are passive now
    -Merchant: icon for ability "Magic Bag" are passive now
    -Felhound: icon for ability "Only I and You" are passive now
    -Treant Keeper: icon for ability "Unification with Nature" are passive now

-Added to credits: epsilon (Tower Spirit model)

-Again optimized very many (more than 70 total in that version!) triggers into JASS code - it's main change of that version, except for new hero

-Many other minor fixes and changes

11. switchtotems

switchtotems

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hello , i logged in that russian site and i downloaded the open source version but couldnt open it in world editor i dont know whats the problem i think you use some add-ons a different UI ... maybe you can help me to open the map ... btw im really interested in co-operating with you on this map and make it better ... if you accept a partner

12. wR3n.DarKy

wR3n.DarKy

Resources:
    Resources:
    no realy...the thx....good map..)):ogre_rage::ogre_love:

13. Claw

Claw

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    switchtotems, thx for comment and rate. Try to open map in Jass New Gen Pack, but she must open even in usually World Editor. Try to wait longer. If you want then to make map better - you can create individual version for himself or upload your versions here. If your changes become very good, i think, i copy that changes into official version and can add you into Credits.

14. switchtotems

switchtotems

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    tried to open it in world editor several times i reinstalled the warcraft 3 and still dont open i wait like 30 seconds 1 minute then it says dont send error ... i believe you use a special tipe of editor if you have a link to it please post it here . btw if you want add me on switchtotems@yahoo.com maybe you help me open this map ...

15. Claw

Claw

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    switchtotems, i use JNGP and license version of WarCraft III with last patch, and Windows 7. You are not first, who has problems with open or save version without protection, but now i don't know, how to help with that: i can open and correctly save version even in usually World Editor, and I don't know, why some other peoples can't. Maybe later.

16. switchtotems

switchtotems

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok post the direct link to the unprotected version ... maybe i didnt got the corect version ... maybe the version i got was unopenable and uneditable

17. Claw

Claw

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No,no, if you download that version: http://clawbfs.ucoz.ru/BFS_3.4_Open_Eng.w3x - that's it, it's she... Also, try to open map on other computers... anyway, i repeat, i don't know now, why some peoples can't open or save my gigant. I test that link now again and i can download, open and save map from that link...

18. switchtotems

switchtotems

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    theres no way a normal editor can open and edit that map the database is corrupted you should have not tell people it is open source because it aint...i could have helped you with the english grammar in the map and several new stuff