• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle for Souls 5.5 Eng

This map is attempt to continue that map. I am new author - Velociraptor has given me open-source.

AoS style-map with very,very many items and heroes. You can launch unlimited computer bots with -b and -c commands in single-player mode.

You know about MUGEN fighting engine? Which creates 2D Characters from all fightings in only one game? So Battle for Souls - attempt to create MUGEN in the world WarCraft III, for AoS-Style maps, and not only. All games in only one game. And you can change it, as you want.
You can always find OPEN-SOURCE version of that very big map on official site. But I CAN'T now help with any problems with open or save Open-Source, because don't know how.

The bloody fight of Darkness and Light does not stop never. She goes always - even in your own souls. Choose, on which side are you?
You are true adept of Light? You know, what is angry also of gloom should be always punished? You know, what higher of all are friendship, trust, love and kindness? You understand, what any meanness early or late will reveal? What secret always becomes obvious and there is nothing the more dearly present friends and liked, against which always it is possible to lean? What the most important treasures - kind heart and pure conscience?
Or you are warrior of Darkness? You agree that Light adepts are stupids and fools? What for trust always pay in a deceit? What the present friends no, and all is done only for the sake of personal benefit? What there is no love, and there are only corporal instincts multiplied by vanity and complacency? What main are personal self-perfection? What strong is always right? What for one million gold coins any in a convenient situation throws the knife in a back to the one whom yesterday named by the friend?
You have made this choice? Now you should battle for YOUR SIDE!
All warriors of the opposite party must DIE! Choose YOUR way to victory.

Download http://clawbfs.ucoz.ru/GameDll/gamedll2/game.dll and place it into your WarCraft III directory for netplay.
For Garena, also place that file into your Room folder: http://clawbfs.ucoz.ru/GameDll/garenadll/msimg32.dll
If you have problems with some servers with new file, change your game.dll back: http://clawbfs.ucoz.ru/GameDll/gamedll1/game.dll

Battle for Souls 5.5

Maybe It's last version of Battle for Souls project as "map", i think about creation more from him. You can found detailed information on site, when it comes. So, now project, maybe, freezed. I really like that result of many years :)

-New feature: Commentators!
You can choose your Commentator in your Circle. "Commentators" means sound set, which comments your kills. Default Commentator now names "WarCraft Spirit".

-New Commentator: Hercules!
Kill enemies with sounds from Hercules Disney! Of course, all copyrights has Disney, and i can remove that Commentator at any time, but i don't think that is problem for fun game ^^

No new heroes in that version, because 162 unique heroes isn't so small, i try to improve current heroes and items and adding new features.

-Just for English version: improved terrain! (thx PogoMaster)

-New secret alternate avatar for hero Rustle, Hydralisk - Slither, Slithereen
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Shambler, Fat Corpse - Pogo, Clown Devourer
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Lloth, Lady Nothing - Alice, Chess Queen
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Lloth, Lady Nothing - Xanatos, Black Noir
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Bushroot, Dark Treant - Halloween, Pumpkin
-New secret alternate avatar for hero Mordred Hamim, Daedra - Rend, Blackhand
(Reminder: you can choose alternate avatar in your Circle. Some heroes also has secret alternate avatars)

-Larva alternate avatar model changed on more good variant

-Dinosaur: first ability remaked
-Fire Lord: additional damage from first ability is now magic damage
-Fire Lord: added tooltip for Pentagram ability, her damage type is pure
-Radiance: lifesteal from "Hungry Paw" ability increased from 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% to 15%/30%/45%/60%/75%.
-Indigene: damage from "Trap of Plants" ability increased from 70/140/210/180/350 to 90/180/270/360/450

-Increased visual size and circle of selection size for heroes Cultist and Cuttingtorch

-Splinter of Eternal Ice: remaked, now has active slow frost nova instead of passive orb effect slow with each attack, his goldcost also changed from 5100 to 4100
-New item Thief Boots
-New item Pushstick
-Returned old item Miner Equipment, now you can buy him in Thief Hall

-Bubble of True Sight: cooldown of active ability increased from 20 to 100 seconds
-Stone of True Sight: shop cooldown increased from 80 to 140 seconds

-Fixed that Apocalypse Rider, Nut Goblin and Lobster has ranged attack instead of melee attack

-Very many new fun names!
-Added new peoples to Credits
-Many other minor optimizations, fixes and changes

Added: sorry and thanks for report!!! Wrong file was uploaded, that was open-source file. Fixed.

Fallen_Crusader (EWA) - author of very old Gifts of Death AoS map, Battle for Souls was created from open-source of Gifts of Death
Ameli, che - first testers of Battle for Souls
Ker-Tinor, LaNeX, Dragonling, respect_gg - testing, ideas (old versions)
Gortz - author of Villain hero idea (hero without vision of the allies)
Ahotnik001 - creator of some icons
Masokist91 - terrain, some ideas
DarkWeird, ModernKiller - testers
epsilon - great model of Tower Spirit!
Saif - Mad Hatter hero icon
judash137 - some models (i just download it)
Dionesiist - Lord of Outtime alternate avatar model
ike_ike - Woodpiece hero model
7SteptoHell - testing, help with terrain
Callahan, FlameSword, BloodElf300, JesusHipster (Cookie, RetroSexual), Kuhneghetz, Skizzik, Weep, Pyramidhe@d, -Grendel, Darius-, JetFangInferno, UgoUgo, D.O.G., Hexus, Iron, Thrikodius, Glen Elendra, icewolf055, HappyCockroach - help with models
Symar, [iNCoast] - balance
Marcos DAB - some recolored icons

Claw - tester of 2.00-3.2b versions, author of current versions starting from 3.3

"Mokujin Wins!" is a sound from Tekken 3 game.

Screenshots:

bfsnew1.png

bfsnew2.png

bfsnew3.png

Keywords:
AoS, Many Heroes, Open-Source
Contents

Battle for Souls 5.5 Eng (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2012/Jan/02 19:35:17 Reasons: Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object...
Level 7
"but there should be better balance" - i work about it with each update, but with good hands you can win with any hero )

"and why are there this damn spots that gives vision ? i can almost always see when people wants to kill me..." - it's because purchase unlimited range gives you vision from enemy shops, host can type -nur to end that effect, also i will change something later

"furthermore there are some random disconnects! i (w8 for a game to getting started and then all gets disconnected in the first 2 minutes... sucks)" - i work with optimization of the code in each version, your computer and the Internet are very good? But I'm still working, do all that i can and understand.

Level 7
Also, more about balance: if you think about some hero that he is imbalanced - maybe you just don't know how to play as him and versus him. :) Any hero can be killed and countered, and any hero can win.

Level 7
I'm playing on iccup server now (in russian version, but it doesn't matter - difference only in terrain). 10 players and no disconnects. So i think it's problem of computer and internet, not just map. But i try to optimize my giant more )
Anyway, big MUGEN collections too has some problems with stability, especially on weak computers ) It's fate of giant worlds. ;)

Level 7
Battle for Souls 3.7b

Just bugfixes and balance fixes, but it's really needed.

-Cultist: cooldown of Relax ability increased from 20 to 25
-Amazon Siren: base damage decreased from 12 to 9
-Drowned Revenant: damage from Enthropy ability decreased from 8/16/24/32/40 to 4/8/12/16/20
-Sound Tank: base damage decreased from 17 to 10
-Fakir: cooldown of Fiery Pole ability decreased from 22/24/26/28/30 to 10
-Spirit of Vengeance: base movement speed decreased from 300 to 290

-Fixed bug with first ability of Cultist
-Some other minor fixes and changes

Level 4
Cool Updates I never leave this post just for my request to be part of the update and the updates get more cooler
i would give my hero here just give him some other abilites so it is original but i gave him one ability is it okay claw?

Level 4
There Are realy no triggers claw its just my suggestion so i just made hero with a shockwave edited skill yep! so it has deafault triggers with peasents:ogre_icwydt::ogre_rage:

Level 7
Good editing, but i think that's so small for hero suggestion :ogre_haosis:
You are novice in World Editor?

Maybe you can try to suggest spell ideas, instead of creating that spells in World Editor. I repeat, that i don't need ideas very much, but if idea is very interesting, i can implement it )

Level 4
Hay Claw This My second Time to make Pro and Cons -Pro
Cool Heroes especially mokugin and eternal slave
Custom Heroes icons and hero skin ,models
Menu to Pick What Do you want to do like Allpick And Stuff
reinforcable units
-Cons
Ai has No Brain They Buy Nothing but legpiece :pcry:
To Tiny I mean Middles So quick Yeah
Orcs Are to Over powerd LOL
there is no secret place for the ancient tree to spawn
Over all 4.5/5 :pgrin:
Conclusion
Noobie ai Yep !
-DeathKing :nemor:

Level 4
Things Need Fixing
-Roman Legionare Name Is Caesr it supposed to be ceaser
-Drowned revinant is a strength hero but high intellegence
-Really Hot boy lv1 fakir is int it supposed to be fakir lvl 1 really hot boy

===A Filipino has played your map and thats me =======

Last edited:
Level 7
Things Need Fixing
-Roman Legionare Name Is Caesr it supposed to be ceaser

All normal here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Caesar

-Drowned revinant is a strength hero but high intellegence

He need it for his abilities with high mana cost and good effect

-Really Hot boy lv1 fakir is int it supposed to be fakir lvl 1 really hot boy

Don't understand :ogre_haosis: Also, Really Hot Boy is a "fun name".

Level 4
Allright starting like this :
Cool lots of stuff but too simplistic ... this map REALLY REALLY requires some kill streak sound sistem with mega kill double kill triple kill etc ... then it needs tips for the use of rubies and jewelry cuz i dont understand it at all , some recipies wont work ... i dont remeber wich ones ...
Add kill streak sound sistem with everything from first blood double kill to beyond godlike owning etc ... then remake the bottom lane move the taverns to another place its obvious they block the original path of bottom lane third of all ... i think you should use dota gameplay constants if you need them i can get them for you ... well as for not counting this a very cool map etc !

Level 4
Allright starting like this :
Cool lots of stuff but too simplistic ... this map REALLY REALLY requires some kill streak sound sistem with mega kill double kill triple kill etc ... then it needs tips for the use of rubies and jewelry cuz i dont understand it at all , some recipies wont work ... i dont remeber wich ones ...
Add kill streak sound sistem with everything from first blood double kill to beyond godlike owning etc ... then remake the bottom lane move the taverns to another place its obvious they block the original path of bottom lane third of all ... i think you should use dota gameplay constants if you need them i can get them for you ... well as for not counting this a very cool map etc !
dude theres no orginality if copied all of the constants of dota he is remaking Mugen Search mugen in google any ways I agree blocking but the constant must not be changed for one its that he will get Icefrogs copyright note:thumbs_up:

Level 7
This map REALLY REALLY requires some kill streak sound sistem
OK, maybe later. Same about taverns - you not first, who wants it. Now main problem of the map is still not ideal code (not so bad, but not ideal), i try to work with it first. (And with new heroes - just because i need it :ogre_love: ) One consolation - MUGEN is not very stable, too ) And, at least, in a single-player game map has no problems)

Really hot Boy
lvl 1 fakir
aint it supoosed to be
fakir
lvl 1 really hot boy

No, no, maybe "Fakir" is a bad translate of google from russian word "Факир" :ogre_rage: all normal here, also, i repeat, it's a fun name, normal name is Kael, pick him again for check )

Level 4
OK, maybe later. Same about taverns - you not first, who wants it. Now main problem of the map is still not ideal code (not so bad, but not ideal), i try to work with it first. (And with new heroes - just because i need it :ogre_love: ) One consolation - MUGEN is not very stable, too ) And, at least, in a single-player game map has no problems)

No, no, maybe "Fakir" is a bad translate of google from russian word "Факир" :ogre_rage: all normal here, also, i repeat, it's a fun name, normal name is Kael, pick him again for check )
Yeah Maybe Ill try again
;

Level 4
icefrog doenst have any copyright over dota wc3 all belongs to blizzard ... thats why dota 2 came out etc ... none really have copyrights over wc3 maps cuz blizzard offered this to us for free ... well not to be "off-topic" i wanted to ask you claw ... if you want to co-op with me on this map ... i managed a way to edit it and all ... we can talk more on private messages so tell me what you think ... i could redefine the gameplay constants to make the game more succesfull and bring some new ideeas ... so tell me

Level 7
Masokist91, hm...tell me about that conditions... Good JASSer can really help me, are you good in it?
Also, you can create your version of the map any time, if we can't work together for any reason...

Level 3
I've detected another bug , regarding the essence drgon.It's first ability , "Magical Seed" it states that i will damage enemies , howevr it also damages allies and miyself , and i have got killed by my own ability a couple of times when using it

Level 4
allright so ... i will not do any spells and stuff ... but i can offer you open source version of my map and you convert spells to custom text so they work faster etc ... as for the conditions i want you to stop selling open sources map to anyone else and we make author like claw&masokist91 or masokist91&claw ... i believe the maps needs first better terrain the stairs work very bad they suck their height sucks etc ... so tell me what you think etc

Level 4
Just Tested Mother Earth Claw
Imba Bro
Morning Dew Imagine that She has a great item build then she is nearby allies to heal so that makes here a support at that skill but if she is near a crowd of allies and then got a enemy crowd team mates would possibly win LOL

Level 7
DeathKing12, thx for watching. I say - "numbers can be changed". "Vote on concept, not on numbers".
I think Morning Dew isn't so imba now, just 40 magic damage per second or 40 heal and at melee range ) Also heal doesn't work on her, she can be killed first,and then her teammates, but anyway 40 heal not so many. Maybe a Dominance (ultimate) is a little imba for push and def (good work with creeps :) ) , but that also needs testing in real game.

About your map: i say, don't try to work in WE now. I don't need non-triggered skills with default icons, we are not in 2005 year :ogre_haosis:

Level 4
Any wayz i retested mother earth and it seems that bug was the real problem LOL what bug i wonder why mother earth is her name but she cant control land air and water only trees LOL

Level 4
Claw
When you select the hero of your choosing.
then your enemy picked the same hero you have. make it only like one hero not infinite when i played as ushlorck i was like mother witch one are my slaves?

Level 7
DeathKing12, are you play with AI bots? They can pick any hero without limits, but, if you want, you can choose heroes for AI with type -bb[xxx] or -cc[xxx] (without "[]"), where xxx is the number of the hero. For example: -bb1 always creates enemy Forest Princess AI.

Level 4
DeathKing12, are you play with AI bots? They can pick any hero without limits, but, if you want, you can choose heroes for AI with type -bb[xxx] or -cc[xxx] (without "[]"), where xxx is the number of the hero. For example: -bb1 always creates enemy Forest Princess AI.

Got it I wont scream anymore on my screen B**** Where are my slaves LOL:ogre_haosis::ogre_datass:

Level 7
DeathKing12, as i think, near end of the month, but all can change :)
Now i make a lot of new abilities, one new hero (you know it - Mother Earth), new fun names, minor bugfixes, new model after clicking the mouse and some new alternate avatars, but i want more - maybe, other new hero and more optimization of code (especially for play in Internet). Also new version always need beta-testing. Just wait. I upload it on Hive Workshop in day of release.

Level 7
Battle for Souls 3.8

If you find bugs or any problems, post here please... if problems very serious, i will create version with hotfix. But if it's still rare problems in netplay, maybe it must wait for next update. But I have not had problems in recent tests.

-Imported new model after clicking the mouse
-Again optimized main part of code, i try to preventing even rare problems in netplay (At least map works MORE faster now! Yes, even more!)

-New hero Mother Earth (unique aura)
-New hero Stone Panda (can disable enemy items, it's his unique strategy)
(totally of 136!!! unique heroes now)

-New alternate avatar for hero Atreides, Sound Tank - Tick-Tock, Steamtank
-New alternate avatar for hero Shambler, Fat Corpse - Bertruger, Symbiote-Butcher
-New alternate avatar for hero Nerfilmonde, Vampire - Parasite, Carnophage
(Reminder: you can choose alternate avatar in your Circle)

-Sound Tank: ability "Sound Rockets" now adds damage as "green bonus" in hero stats (works now like Barathrum's Empowering Haste)
-Centaur Warchief: ability "Spirit Power" are changed (icon and name remains the same). Centaur Warchief absorbs 4% / 8% / 12% / 16% / 20% of any incoming damage into the same percentage of attack and movement speed bonus on 2 seconds.
-Centaur Warchief: ability "Power Stomp" are changed (icon and name remains the same). Gains 2 charges after learning. For each charge, Centaur Warchief can stun nearby enemies in 525 AoE for 1 second and deal 75/150/225/300/375 magic damage to that enemies and himself. Cooldown starts after using two charges. After cooldown you again gains two charges.
-Tauren Chieftain: ability "Wave of Force" are changed to new ability "Debacle" (deals AoE damage and adds attack and movement speed buff. More synergy and more easy to play)

-Harpy Queen: cooldown of ability "Cyclones" are decreased from 30/27/24/21/18 to 20/17/14/11/8

-Pandaren Brewmaster: icon of "Trick" ability are passive now
-Death Knight: icon of "Crypt Cold" ability are passive now
-Death Knight: icon of "Death Shield" ability are passive now

-Fixed first ability of Essence Dragon
-Very many new fun names!
Examples: DeathKing12 - for Death Knight hero, andre5913 - for Essence Dragon hero (thx for message about first ability :) ) , Masokist91 - for Cuttingtorch hero, and many others...
-Many other minor optimizations, fixes and changes

P.S. About taverns. Check the terrain of russian version, maybe later (if all think that terrain is better) i change terrain of English version to that terrain, too; so no problem with taverns of battlefield that way :) Just wait.