• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Cinematic] Battle for Lordaeron cinematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This made me lol hard. It was a nice cinematic. But really when I saw that the archer general was a paladin(The Model) it was hard to stop laughing. ;D. And yea I know it doesn't necessarily have to be a unit that looks archer like. But meh it was still fun ;D

Level 1
Hey, I've been making a movie about a battle between the Horde and the Alliance for Lordaeron city. Here's a few scenes from it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0DOm_eYuF8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEcS_MVqVJs

I'd like to hear some opinions.

Your cinematics deserve A LOT more credit then it received so far.
Dude... I am impressed. Even though you got inspired a bit to much by Lord Of the Rings.. still.. those cinematics are very cool. The surroundings look very realistic. Everything is moving.. You have an eye for detail. Really... You have units move in the background... it makes things more lively. I really like massive armies, the battle scene. Its very detailed and very well put together. I can say all that because I know how it is making cinematics in Warcraft. Only improvement tips I have for you are:
- Use downloaded Warcraft Mp3's
- Use some fade in and fade out effects

Further more... Veryy well done. Youve inspired me. :grin:

Level 3
Thanks again for the replies :smile:. Hmm, would downloaded mp3s sound better than the ones in the editor? I never thought of that. And yeah, fire arrows would probably look better in the sea battle, but I couldn't find a good model (I didn't look too hard either though). As for lotr, I'm aware that I've been slightly "influenced" by it :grin: but at least that cavalry charge scene was meant to be a kind of parody. Anyway, here's another part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYnTM38zhHc
(more lotr influences to be spotted)

Level 9
The terraining could be improved. Like making the cliffs better by using elevations and not cliffs, some doodads would also look nice in the walls (perhaps piles of junk/treasure). But I still think it's a great cinematic. Maybe because of the details in animation (like units moving here and there/)

-BTW: If it's okay with you, can I take a look at your map? I'm having trouble with the trick "moving units in a formation", I'd like to take some tips while looking at your map. The unit formation movement was greatly done in this map.

Status
Not open for further replies.