• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Battle Depths: A New Kind Of Hero Arena. (hopefully...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Okay zack: choose one =)

1: Fallen God
2: The Last Baron
3: Escaper
4: Hydromancer
5: Giant
6: Pyromancer
7: Mage Hunter
8: Geomancer (TAKEN!)
9: Ghost (TAKEN!)

Edit: Also people: Ive decided that Battle Depths is not only a hero arena, it will also be a game involving teamwork and dungeons (im imagining something like that every tenth or twentyeth round the players get to choose a dungeon to go to). I am already now writing abit story for things that happened in the Battle Depths mine (the arena is a mine), and foreshadowing various things that could later be bosses. For anyone wanting a little hint to the real plot, i point in the general direction of a 205% creepy little place with a destroyed house.

Edit2: The dungeons are for loot and story purposes only. Just so you know.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_070209_052905_01_x2.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070209_052905_01_x2.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Level 27
For the new team pic Zack ;) and where did you get the giants proper name from? O.ô

Can you make a trigger that does something like:
A summoned unit dies.
The summuner of this unit recovers 20% of his/her max mana.
(the type of the summoned unit has to be specific too)

TEAM PIC 2!!! ( you can also find team pics in a album i created for them on me page )
TeamPic2J.jpg

Last edited:
Level 15
Cool! Is there also a Siege Engine thing blocking the way in the map? Would be fun xD.
Also, I checked the Beta. I like how the game goes. However, there seems to be something weird with the Training Grounds. I have no idea what it does 0_o

Anyway, the arenas are rather bare. I think you should add trees, mushrooms and other doodads to make it look more natural and to make life easier for those who are trying to escape :D, like some side route to escape to.

I think the delay between each round is slightly too long. I think 1~1.5 minutes should be rather good. There should be enough time to purchase the required items and stuff :)

The other things are rather fine. The tooltips are quite messy though, some of them anyway. I could help you fix some of those tomorrow or something. Its almost 10pm over here.

PS: Looking good! Keep up the awesome work :D

Level 27
Thanks zack =)
No, the siege engine is actually a "technical issue" that you will find standing on a island to the west side of the map, along with the three of us, ofc =)
I have actually already added alot of mushrooms and stuff, but i am aware that it will look bare. If you can give me a more detailed explanation of what it is you me to place in the mazes, i can do so =)
The training grounds are simply to work out some agressivity. Hitting some dummies that cant do anything but stand there. I use the place to test new heroes too =)

Glad you like it ^^

Level 27
you played the beta too RB Evil?

Fixed most of it zack =)
-the first round wait is still two minutes, but all the other ones are now 1 minute.
-added some "escape routes" if you can call them that.
-terrained abit more.

uploading new version tomorrow =)
I am also adding:
- First Blo(ooooooo)d trigger.
- Gamestart Message.
- If anybody else comes up with something that needs fixing il fix that too, ofc.

Last edited:
Level 6
Umm I got a minor bug. When I pwn my friend in first round (of course he got pwned:p ) my wc3 shuts down. No error or anything. Kinda ruins our game :p

Level 27
Okay =) Bytheway: tell me if the big sinizi experianced happens for you too or not, since i need to know if its a thing that happens for him only or for everyone =)

Okay... I get the same bug as Sinizi, and i have done a few things to fix it. Zack, when you played it, did you get the same bug? that wc3 crashes whenever you kill someone?

Okay...
Things done to fix this bug:
Stopping the Infinite Trigger loop (duh)
Preventing some of the triggers to start up at the same time.

I hope that will do...
I am now releasing 0.2, it contains everything on the list above exept the first blood triggah.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
Level 15
I would recommend you use this tool if you have time to fix the tooltips. It makes the tooltips look better and is easy to use.

Also, if you downloaded that, I fixed the Giant's learn tooltips, download the attachment and open it up with that tool. Just copy the Source (the one with all the weird characters) and copy it into WE. Also, please highlight the tooltips with a nice color, I have no idea what the tooltips for some things are ATM.

Also, you may want to look at this. It teaches you how to make the hero's icons fit where you want them to be, instead of somewhat randomly.

I could redo some other hero's tooltips if you want, just tell me which hero and the tooltip for each spell :)

Attachments

• GiantToolTip.zip
    1 KB · Views: 32
Level 9
k,I played map alone just see how it looks.Its pretty neat,but few things should be fixed.
1. Yea,you made nice mazes but they are 2 empty.More doodads should be used.
2. I think that Last Baron and Pyromancer have wrong tooltips when you choose hero.
3. Normal shield gives 10 armor,Ancient Shield gives 15 armor and 10 agility but both cost 1300 g :/
And I like those battle fanatics,but they all have same hp and other stats.
But it is nice map but that item that costs 3000 and makes you see invisible units might be to powerful.I suggest giving that item Fairy Fire that dosent reduce armor but lasts long (like min or two).

Level 27
I would recommend you use this tool if you have time to fix the tooltips. It makes the tooltips look better and is easy to use.

Also, if you downloaded that, I fixed the Giant's learn tooltips, download the attachment and open it up with that tool. Just copy the Source (the one with all the weird characters) and copy it into WE. Also, please highlight the tooltips with a nice color, I have no idea what the tooltips for some things are ATM.

Also, you may want to look at this. It teaches you how to make the hero's icons fit where you want them to be, instead of somewhat randomly.

I could redo some other hero's tooltips if you want, just tell me which hero and the tooltip for each spell :)

Il try that when i have time =) but i dont really have any of such now, since im going off for a vacation trip today. (if anybody hanst read my earlier messages i will be off for about three weeks before being able to come back and do some world editing.) and eh... wth do you mean with the heroes icons? i just didnt get that part sorry =S

As for the terrain: i know it is a bit empty, so i am adding abit more doodads each version =) I also know that some of the heroes has wrong toolstips, and that il have to fix that. Il check up on the items too =)

None of you experianced a bug that crashes the game when you kill another person???

This might be my last post before the vacation trip, so cya people! Have fun!!

Level 6
If you guys have room for me, i can help Zack with jassing (aka, im the other guy who understands things that nobody else[except maybe zack]does. Fear my script of unimaginable complexity!)

Level 27
Yah =)

Also, i am dropping the storyline dungeons and placing some creeps in the places where i wanted the dungeons, inlcuding creep bosses that will drop resources needed for advanced recepies.

ATTENTION!
There was/is a bug that makes game crash when you kill another player, and i am trying to fix it. I have put in a possible fix in 0.21, but i still havent gotten any feedback on if it is still there or not. PLEASE tell me if it is still there, for then i gotta call in some advanced reinforcements. (AKA: i gotta ask zack to take a look at the triggers.)

Last edited:
Level 15
Checked the triggers (or at least the map script). Not sure what causes the game crash.
The map is protected right? If so, please send the unprotected version to me so I can check it properly :). If you used World Editor Unlimited or something, I heard some of the functions don't work well or something.

Do you need me to do anything? I'm rather free on Mondays and Tuesdays :)

Level 27
Well zack... my plan for today is to use the tooltip thing you gave me, and add some terrain if i have time after that. I dont have the map available right now, but later i will have (dont ask. even though you would perhaps like to know i would not like to tell you). I am going off to do some swimming with a freind now, i gotta keep myself in shape. When im back il send you the map =) Can you PM your E-Mail to me please? or should i just PM you the map?

(also, il add hijax to the team and create a new team pic, if i have time)

Also zack... if you have time, it would be awesome if you could look into the tooltips and perhaps the terrain while you already got the map, since i have a bit problems getting that tooltip creator to work =(

Oh and... one more thing zack.
Do you know if the bug is still there? im sorry but it werent very clear if you know or not =(

Oh and zack... due to some troubles sending you the file, im afraid i cant hand it over before im off again =( im really sorry, but im leavin early tomorrow. Have fun while im away again people!

Last edited:
Level 27
Aaaand... Im back =)
I got your pm zack, and il get the map to you asap =)
If you dont get the E-Mail, please tell me. (i got a few e-mail troubles...)

While you got the map, il surf around for customs, perhaps learn how to jass, check up on stuff AND add hijax to the team. (wich includes a new team pic...)

Oh and... Any item/hero/terrain/creep/mode/feature ideas are more than welcome!

Edit: Oh and... If you look abit into the terrain zack, turn the underground forest into a nerubian cavern please ;)

Last edited:
Level 27
Awesome zack! il pastebin it right away! oh and, can you give me abit of advice on that tooltip creater? since when it try to start the program it just says "Critical Error" and shuts down =(

Okay... i think i got the message to you, but it doesent show up in my sent items folder.
Is that normal???

Level 15
It says Critical Error? Maybe you should try downloading it again.
Just a question. What operating system are you using? Windows or Mac or Linux etc?

Anyway, I checked the map. Didn't find anything that could possibly cause the bug. Cleaned some of your triggers for you BTW, now there are less triggers while still fitting the same purpose.

PS: I never really had much time to test the map out in Multiplayer, so what's the bug actually? Does it DC or just crash?

Level 27
tried it myself once. warcraft just shuts down. clean. no messages, nor error reports, no NOTHING.

And yeah, just says critical error.

Thanks a damn lot for the triggers =) did you check up on the terrain? not to be ungratefulll or anything, but im curious as hell! =S

HUNDRETH POST!

Last edited:
Level 27
I have a copu dummy =P but zack are fixing stuff i cant fix, and i dont want to continuue before i got it back.
It would be irritating to copy all the things i made in the meantime over to his map when i get it back. so im using this time for out-of-worldeditor stuff.

Level 15
Sorry. Was really busy lately and couldn't post it up.
Took some time to check the code. Nothing wrong as far as I can see...
Cleaned some code though.
Sorry about the delay.

PS: You requested my to make the underground forest a Nerubian Cave thing right? Not sure if I did it properly :S

EDIT: Rather free these two days. Could help with some spells if you need any.

Attachments

• Battle Depths Editable.w3x
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
Level 27
Thanks zack =D i cant wait to get back into hero making ^^ (yea, i think i said that.)
Dont worry with the delay =) I did alot of stuff in the meantime. For example we got a new team member that has almost finished the new loading screen =)

Edit: This is awesome zack =D love the cave!

Edit2: Okay... Rainbowevil. At one point you said you would like to do terraining, and that would be cool =) If you still want, i can send you the map after im done adding abit new heroes and items, and creeps. (I suck at terraining =P)

Last edited:
Level 27
Well... yah =) Im working on multiple heroes atm. The Storm Warrior and the Werewolf. So far i only got one ability for each, but theyre pretty cool. Even though, the one i made for the storm warrior might need a rework... Its a charge ability, but all it does is to move the storm warrior the the target... cant get the lightning effects to work, and it mostly looks like heøs just blinking =( damn thing is getting on my nerves...

Level 27
Well, i actually kinda replaced the Lightning charge ability, so all i really need help with now is the terrain.

Edit: HAHA! I got a new idea and got the lightning charge ability to work! Victory!

Edit2: Okay zack, i checked out you dialog system, and i think i can get it to work =) thanks! And eh, you actually forgot the part of the trigger that makes the dialog actually show up ;) Found out how to do that myself though =)

Last edited:
Level 27
your project is getting sowewhere,am I right?

I hope so ;) An yeah, the loading screen was a big step in convincing MYSELF of that.

Edit: Loading screen is imported and working! Its even awesome when on the loading screen =)

NEW BETA OUT!
Contains two new heroes, modes, possible bugfixes and ofcours the awesome loading screen =)

Meh... i already got some stuff for next ver: I gotta fix the manual entries. The credits one for example.

Next Version Change List:
Changes for V B0.5:
-More items.
-Creeps.
Optional Changes:
-More heroes. (il try to add atleast one new hero with each ver.)

If you wish to have something added to the change list, please post it =)
Oh and... if anyone would give a detailed reveiw of their thoughts of the beta (multiplayer) it would be MOST awesome =)
I really need such reveiws ya know =( (sorry to sound rude but there is ABIT lack of feedback on latest version =P)

In other words: im looking for somebody wich will be doing betatesting and reveiwing, since that is one of the last spots i need filled on this team =) And also because its nice to have some people that you KNOW will reveiw your work, since that is whay they do =P

Okay... released 0.4, wich contains some minor fixes. Il send the map to RBE for some terraining now =)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.