• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle Depths: A New Kind Of Hero Arena. (hopefully...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Ehh... i'm afraid i have a Minor "Suprise Party" issue.
I'm almost done with next version, but it seems i'm going to be on a family trip to germany for 4 days. That isnt exactly a bad thing, i just want to tell you that i have another unexpected delay =( Il see if i can get the version out today. If i cant, sorry =(

Level 6
Here you have the other version of the title, more streight & less height... Perfect for title.

titlekkk.jpg

Have fun with your holydays!

Level 27
Ihm back!
I'm sorry for the long gone time, but when i came back my compu was kind of, dead...
But i fixed it! (Long live Technological-Semi-Expert-Freindly-Computers!) And no files are dead and/or gone.

@Zack
Rich? Nono. The things is that i have a BIG family, and that its divided in two since my parents are divorced. Thats like, alot of vacations. Abit too many sometimes =S Anywas, thanks =) I'l make sure 0.6 (or atleast 0.601 since i dont have all the things i want in 0.6 yet... (i have like four more hero ideas i want in there)) will be out soon! Blizzard's definition of soon that is.

@Cazador
Perfect! Awesome! Brilliant! Semi-Radical with some Epic Spice and Demon Beef! Well... not really the last one. But its great work nonetheless =D I'l get my sig fixed ASAP!

Level 27
Hey people. I'm sorry to say it, but until i get my computer fixed, Battle Depths is stalled.

My computer is bugging so that i cant open the world editor, cant move any files from my computer to other computers, 50% of the time i cant go on the internet and ofcourse i am also having problems with most other games. I've been trying to fix this unsucsellfully for some time, and i think i might have to buy a new computer.

Sorry people =( Battle Depths is running behind, but i'l try to get it up front again. When i can.
-Dragonson

Level 15
What error message appears when you try to open WE? Please tell me about it, since I once had a virus infection that disabled WE too.

Also, I suggest that you try using System Restore (if your using Windows). This is the simplest way of removing certain viruses and fix whatever issue might have arisen. Choose the restore point as the one right before your system starting malfunctioning.

Hope your computer gets fixed soon!

Level 27
'Lo everyone!
I have good, and bad news.
Good: My computer is getting fixed! So in about two days or so, i can work on the map again!
Bad: I wont have internet for 5-7 days after my copu is fixed, so i cant get in contact with you guys much =( But soon i will be mapping again! Yayh!

Level 27
^^

I'm having a minor network availability atm, but it will only last about half an hour.
I'm getting alot of stuff fixed, so unless something bad happens AGAIN, the next version will have a 50% chance to get out within the next week, if the weathers good. Depends on my cats mood too ofcourse, and if my keybord should crash then...

Just kidding ^^ It will be out soon.

Also zack, i found some minor leaks in your round system, (NOT memory leaks) but i figured how to use your system as a blueprint and make a working one =D Thanks alot for the system =D

Level 15
Dude, I did a quick test and here's what I found:

The Fire Spirit can learn Burning Wards at Level 1. It should be an ultimate, right?
The Burning Wards do not Mini-Stun. I'm not sure if this was just because I was fighting against the testers, but I think you should give it a quick check.
Use the Active Bordered Icon for learning Burning Attacks. Its an in-game icon and would make it look slightly better.

The Dryad should probably have a second requirement for her other abilities, something called "Learnt Sprout", perhaps. This would probably be an upgrade that you upgrade via triggers
[triggers]LearnSprout
Events
Unit - A unit Learns a skill
Conditions
(Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Sprout
Actions
Player - Set the current research level of Learn Sprout to 1 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
[/triggers]
Something like this.

Also, the webs in the forest thing gives vision to player red. Just set their sight range to 0.

Level 27
Thanks alot Zack =D

About the burning wards: I didn't think that the Fire Spirit were supposed to have a ultimate =( And the Burning wards are far to weak to be a ultimate. It will be beaten to binary paste by the other ultimates, like the Overgrowth ability that the Dryad has. But i can fix that ofcourse =) Also, i'l fix that icon right away too.

For the Dryad: Great idea! I'l see if i can get something like that to work =D

And thanks about the webs =) Didn't know that.
+rep dude! I'l do the fixes when i get some more feedback. (or tomorrow, if i don't get any =P)

Level 27
Okay... i've pepped the first post up abit with some colors, added the crest at the top, added pictures for all the heroes and got it up-to-date. I'l be adding some terrain screenshots too, so all of those that haven't enjoyed the result of RBE's work yet will get the opportunity to do so =D

Level 6
Why the title image is so "yellow"? :xxd:

The image effects, like the shadow of the frame and the words and it's texture are not well appreciated... :an::an::an:

If you want to make the image more bright, just tell me :grin:, I can do it only with the background image without touching frame & words. :mwahaha:

:cute: Don't worry about bother me about little things, I have nothing better to do atm.

Level 27
its mainly cause i didn't want it to look exactly like the one in my sig =P
I just gave it a re-run through IrfanVeiw. (yay for IrfanView!)
I don't think the yellow color is bad, neither do i think the dark version in my sig is. Its two sides of the same circle =)

Level 6
Well, progress on the image, some requested changes made:
1.Changed the title from Italics to normal.
2.Changed background color from purple to red.
3.Added cracks arround the image.
2.Second.jpg

And about changing the color of the paladin and the ground, because of the hero team glow I can't exactly change the floor color, and at the same time it prevents from changing the hero color...

The only way to do it could be making other screenshoot, but if I do that, I will never be exactly like this so I should redo it from begining...

Remember I'm not spanish xD I don't know if I expressed myself well...

Level 27
Dude that thing is awesome!
I can see that the sand and team color will have to be left behind, but well. I can live with it =) There is only ONE thing annoying me left: You can't see the top of the paladin. The red thing looks like it cuts off a small part of his head and right arm. Could you fix that? =)

Level 1
Hey Dragonson, man, this looks like a nice project. I'd be very glad to help with ideas in any way that I can - just say so if you need inspiration for heroes/abilities/items. Otherwise, I might just go ahead and post them anyway >_>

Anyway, I think I'll take it for a test run once .7 is out.

Level 1
... Read almost all of the thread now. I guess what you need most ideas about are items now, correct?

I'd be more than happy to see if I can come with some once I've tried the map.

Level 27
Guys, I'm sorry.
This map is dead, and cannot be ressurected by my hands.
The Cause: I lost it. Battle Depths was one of my best ideas, ever, and i really enjoyed working on it, but during my turbulent time i lost the spirit, and i don't have the same kind of Mapmaking Enthauseism (If spelled correctly that is...) That i had when i started. I'm sorry guys, really sorry, for all the work you have done for nothing, but i really can't go on with this anymore.
My real life doesn't allow me to be a regular updater and mapmaker, atleast not until i've fixed all the bugs plagueing my family.
Sorry guys, sorry for real. But i can't go on with Battle Depths.
If any of you guys wish to take over, or salvage anything from the map, i set everything i've made on it to your disposal.

Sorry.
-Dragonson

Level 15
That's really sad dude. Battle Depths was looking so good, with all the people helping and the nice content.

I wish you luck in real life, I hope it becomes good enough for you to regain your map-making spirit or something. Until then, Battle Depths may be updated by someone else, I may help, but I probably won't be able to lead this project.

Well, I wish you luck in real life.

Level 27
Oh hai people! i just wanted to say that if anyone wishes to take over this map, the files are available to anybody wishing to take on the burden and finish what i could not :)
I love the idea of Battle Depths, but my mind travels too much. I'm working on another map, but what it is WILL NOT BE TOLD! (MWUHAHAHA!)

First version of my secret map will be released when the first beta is playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.