• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Basic animated Arrow - Teamcolour Version

Hello again Hivers.

A variation of the normal arrow, this one implements team colour to allow for several different colours, and usage for all the different players in a game =D

Scratch modelled, animated and wrapped in Milkshape 3d.
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Includes 2 animations - Stand (Stationary)
- Stand Alternate (Moves back and forth)

* Tiny filesize - takes up only 5kb

* Works with all Team colours for many variations!
Works great in cinematics or for certain systems and maps such as round based games.

You can either place it on the ground, or stick it on a wall. To do this, just change the value "Art - Maximum Pitch Angle" to -1.57 or -4.71 depending on the direction it should point towards.

Also, by changing " Art - Maximum Roll Angle " to -1.57 or -4.71 you can make the arrow point towards the ground or sky.
Please ask me before editing this in any way - credits, however, are not nescessary.

V1.1 = Added a golden border (seen in the magos screenshot)
= Fixed the animations so Stand is stationary and Stand Alternate is moving.

Keywords:
team colour, attachement, doodad, effect, movement, round, arrow, animated, useful
Contents

Basic animated Arrow - Teamcolour Version (Model)

Reviews
15:33, 17th Apr 2010 DonDustin: could be useful
Level 12
As I said on the other thread, that won't work (just because the mesh is too basic, I can't wrap faces that aren't there...) doing that would involve remaking the entire mesh and increasing the polycount - or making a custom texture supporting team colour, either way increasing filesize.

Sorry, but if someone knows how to get this to work without one of the two above variations, please contact me!

Level 3
it is a very useful model if you want the characters to go to a certain position , but not so useful if your not on that kind of map