• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hello readers.

I'm making an RPG and I'm currently working on the heroes.
In my RPG every hero has a special extra system/feature that affects it's game play very much. Per example:
1) Hammerers (Earth Based melee dps) Generate 1 grudge everytime they TAKE melee damage. Most of his abilities cost mana and grudges.
2) Pyromancers (Fire casters) Generate 10% heath everytime they take or deal fire damage, but lose 10% heath whenever they take frost or water damage. Their spells deal extra damage based on heath, and some spells cost heath.

Now that was my explaination a bit, now here's the question.
I saw many maps with little bars above, or under units that are for casting/mana or hp bars.
I would like to know how this is done? by floating texts that continuesly appear and disappear?

Here's a very awesome RPG that uses these bars:
YouTube - Dark Invasion II Promo Video
(Watch at 4:32 to see which bars I mean)
(I don't like stealing things, and I don't see this as stealing because I won't use it as a casting bar. More like a second mana bar.)

Last edited:
Level 19
That is JASS I think but am not sure. However I know how you can create a bar like this:

IIIIIIIIII

Wait for the red bar to fill to cast a spell. If you find this also okay I could post how to do it.

Oh thanks,
I think we're talking about the same thing.
I would like it to be like this:
IIIIIIIIII
White and Gray.
Could you tell me how to create something like this? Or just give me a littlebit information on how to start creating something like this. I could come pretty far myself if I knew how to start.

Level 19
Created a system on my own with some help from an idea from thehelper.net.
I made 2 different bars for different uses.
First bar with '''''''''''''''''''' this with a floating text size that's pretty big, so you see as big stripes.
And the second bar with ..... this again with a big text size, so you get 5 circles, that could count as runes or something.

So this is solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.