• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Banned from Starcraft =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well...i was about to play a custom game in starcraft and then i just get a message that im banned. i dont remember doing anything wrong. maybe its my username? :fp: ch0senfktard

Level 3
Yep it is...i had warcraft III for 2 years now and i just got starcraft a few days ago lol...

Edit: I just went back to starcraft and logged in with ch0senfktard. I guess im somehow unbanned? i can join games. I wonder what happened.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Due to how bot prone SC and D2 are, they often IP ban you for no apparent reason (especially D2). For example you could just be sitting in a channel speaking normally and you get IP banned in D2. SC probably works using a simlar battlenet engine as far as IP banning and so if you do anything spontanious or causes excess network traffic (like joining games too fast or saying 2 big messages quickly), they probably IP ban you.

WC3 seems more tolerant and will only IP ban you for constant traffic like changing chat channels, spamming in chat channels and joining games too many times.

Level 12
Rarer to see people play Warcraft 1 though. Starcraft? Too classic. Billions play it. Probably exaggeration. You know what I mean.

Level 12
Yes well you're wrong. Tell it to my two accounts. Hero_Lief@Azeroth [wc3 east server] and Hero_Lief@USEast [starcraft east server]

Level 9
In a word-PAWNED.

Besides, nobody give and IP ban anymore because people realized that not only IPs change, but someone can get the banned IP in complete occasion. and then he is screwed. and it gives game companies a very bad name when stuff like that happen. and they might even get sewed. (they banned me from a part of the game I paid for, claiming I have done X, even though I never even once entered that section before.)

Level 12
Well of course there are customs, it's where RPs were started. However no, StarCraft doesn't have the right triggers to do AoS and it most likely never will. StarCraft 2 maybe, but not SC.

Level 12
What I meant was, the AoS on Starcraft doesn't have what we have today on WarCraft 3. If you are talking about like DoTA, that was inspired by AoS, but it isn't on Starcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.