• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Bank appending instead of overwrite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I have an example here:
  • Bank
    • Events
      • UI - Player Any Player presses 1 (Key) key Down with shift Allow, control Allow, alt Allow
    • Local Variables
      • Exp = 50 <Integer>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Bank - Open bank "testBank" for player 1
      • Bank - Store integer Exp as "expariance" of section "Hero" in bank (Last opened bank)
      • Bank - Save bank (Last opened bank)
Notice i spell the key "expariance" wrongly..
1. now i test the map
2. press 1
3. close
4. check the bank file with notepad, and notice it will have
Code:
<Bank version="1">
    <Section name="Hero">
        <Key name="expariance">
            <Value int="50"/>
        </Key>
    </Section>
</Bank>

Now if i change the key again to "experience" for the sake of spelling it correctly..
1. test the map
2. press 1
3. close
4. open the bank with notepad
Code:
<Bank version="1">
    <Section name="Hero">
        <Key name="expariance">
            <Value int="50"/>
        </Key>
        <Key name="experience">
            <Value int="50"/>
        </Key>
    </Section>
</Bank>

This isn't anything serious... but is there other way to fix this other than removing the extra key manually with notepad? Or am i doing it wrongly?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Just delete the bank. As you are a map developer it does not mater if you delete it fom time to time due to changing your scripting directions during the creation of your map.

It is only a problem if you release an update to your map with changes like this, in which case you will need to add code specifically to remove broken entries.

Level 9
Thanks for all the reply. I guess that is the only solution to check carefully like what Dr Super Good said. and plan/organise everything before starting.

The only thing bad about this is unnecessary things in the bank file. It might not be a big problem but when it gets huge, like the 80 limit, it will screw things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.