• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Bandit Assassin (Re-Classic)

I got inspired by this request here by Homor to make the Bandit Assassin model from Reforged as an SD model. To achieve this I had to swap the head of the acolyte over to the bandit spearthrower, edit the shield's mesh as well as the skirt and then re-map the texture so that the head would share the same texture as the rest of the body. After finishing the modelling I then re-draw the entire texture in freehand. After that was done General Frank was nice enough to clean up the model, integrate the portrait and generally optimise it for use.

My reference image was this one below:
254519-54ed260c473f1990ce6e51145c87efa2.jpg

As always give credit to me and General Frank if used and you may edit without permission but if you are going to upload an edit then please seek permission first.
Previews
Contents

Bandit Assassin (Re-Classic) (Model)

Reviews
Archian
Approved. Thanks for the in-game screenshot.
Asking because I generally knew skins were made for already existing/uploaded models, not that they came with new models. So, mixing of model parts, is kind of a making a new model.
Yep it's one of these grey areas where you could argue about where it should fall but Frank and I agreed it should be in the skins section. The model is just an alternative choice if one wants the full effect similar to my High Elf Archmage skin :)

Asking because I generally knew skins were made for already existing/uploaded models, not that they came with new models. So, mixing of model parts, is kind of a making a new model.
It is, but this model needs the wonderful skin made by Footman. The Skin does not need the model.

1677163936120.png

That's the skin on the normal bandit spear thrower model.

Awesome skin and model! great job you two! However, there is one issue I would like to point out, there seems to be no death sound when using the model, beyond that everything is perfect.
I updated the model
It should have sounds, footprints and blood spatter effects now.

Thank you for pointing it out.