• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Backup of Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi,
My computer crashed while I was working on my map, and I hadn't saved in a while. I've lost probably around 5 hours worth of work. I hear there's an automatic backup created of the last time the map was tested, which would restore me to almost exactly where I was, but I can't find it anywhere. Does such a thing exist, and if so, where can I find it?
I'm using SharpCraft, which I don't think has any sort of built-in versioning. I really, really don't want to have to do all of that work again.

Level 2
I looked for that "maps\test" everywhere, but I couldn't locate it. It wasn't in my documents folder or in the Warcraft III install folder. I searched my entire harddrive for .w3x maps, and I found a backup at "C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Temp\WorldEditTestMap.w3x". Thank god that wasn't deleted when my computer crashed, because I still can't find a maps\test folder.
Anyway, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.