• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aww ****... patch broke map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I just patched WC3 to 1.24. The map plays fine in WC3, and even opens up just fine in the editor. IMMEDIATELY after opening the map, if I try to save, it comes up with over 4500 compile errors!!! It came up with NONE in 1.23. Even worse, is most of these compile errors reference lines of code that don't exist (ie, a line number greater than the number it even has), and it also calls compile errors on lines of code I don't have access to!

Anyone else having this problem? I don't think I'm using anything that didn't originally come with WC3 (any sort of Jass tool).

Level 4
lol it would be cool if it didn't validate the script while saving, but then how would we know our jass actually worked?

Level 4
only think I can try doing is reinstalling wc and re-downloading the patches. are u using any 3rd party software?

Level 8
AHA! I figured it out. I reinstalled and re patched, and it still failed.

But I did find the problem! oxxo... do you by any chance have the blizzard.j and/or common.j file hanging around in your warcraft III directory as reference, CAUSE I SURE DID! Remove them, or re extract them from the now updated war3x.mpq and VOILA!

Level 9
im afraid i don't have either the "blizzard.j" nor the "common.j" file in my war3 directory. but even if i wanted to extract them from the war3x.mpq to see if that works, how would i do this?

sorry for bumping this old thread but i really really worked hard on my map and i refuse to abandoning it.

Level 21
I just downloaded it when I was trying to see any maps on BattleNet. I haven't had any problems with the new patch so I'm not worrying about it so much.

Level 4
Hey.... oxxo. If you have a PC

Go to the tools section on Hive in the MPQ section. Simply download the MPQ extractor file. Then select Open from the program's menu. Then select War3x.mpq and wait. Once that's done, do a search for each file and delete them.

FOR A MAC: Follow that same concept, except download a different file from the list. Ensure that you empty your trash after you're done. I have a Mac, so if the procedure is different PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.