• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Automatize abillitys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hey, is there an option that a unit is using a given abillity every time it can? so if i give the abillity 0.01 cooldown and no mana cost that it is used in any combat? would be good if i dont need to make a trigger cause i have no idea of doing such. :)

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
something like this will do

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Bash for (Picked unit)) Greater than 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Night Elf Archer - Mount Hippogryph
            • Else - Actions

Level 2
thats the problem, i want the unit using the spell be a human player unit. can i change a spell that far, that it is used as the heal of the priest? he is also using heal everytime it's cooldown is ready and with 0 mana cost it could be as long as there is no enemy he can cast it on.

Level 33
so if i give the abillity 0.01 cooldown and no mana cost that it is used in any combat?
Eventhough the spell cooldown is 0.01 (even if it's set to 0 second cooldown), the unit still has its role to play the animation cast spell (which by default average spell cast time for all units would be 0.50 second until the next re-cast).

At minimum, you should give the unit a 1 second interval between each cast.

Level 2
damn it :( . i have 2 spells one with 0.01 cooldown and one with 10 secs. is it at least possible to make the 10 secs spell automatic-cast

Level 2
so the problem is a problem i also had kind of a year ago in an other topic.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/changing-attack-unit-208504/

i have no idea of triggering, and so it i wasn't able to follow the instructions given by the guys :( or at least only to a certain point. as in the topic i wanted a unit to stop its attack animation, the only option i could follow was to make a spell which didn't use the attack animation of the unit. but that spell i had and have to get casted automaticly by the unit.
i thought so there are already spells whicha re auto-casted, it would be just a "true" or "false" in a line and the spell would be cast as soon the cooldown is down.

something like this will do

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Bash for (Picked unit)) Greater than 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Night Elf Archer - Mount Hippogryph
            • Else - Actions

It leaks...

Status
Not open for further replies.