• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Cast automatic ability while doing other action

Level 6
Hello, I wonder if there is a way to allow a unit to cast an ability while it is moving or attacking? The idea is to cast the ability and not interrupt other actions.
For example, there is a Frenzy ability in World Editor, that works almost similar to Bloodlust. The difference is, that Frenzy does not require you to choose a target, it chooses a target automatically - its caster. But when the unit casts the ability, it always stops other actions to cast it.
I had an idea to take the berserker ability (or blade master's wind walk), in general, all spells that give us the opportunity to use them while moving, and cast what I needed with the dummy. But, I also need the base ability to be automatic (like bloodlust, ice armour etc). It seems like putting it in "default ability" will not work)
That's why I ask, is there a simpler way?

Level 6
Interesting approach, I tried to rewrite and adapt the triggers from your map to mine, but it seems it does not work. In general, I always forget to specify it, but I work in version 1.31.1 of the editor and it was a surprise when I did not find "Unit-Start Ability Cooldown" there in actions. As if they didn't bring the function that time. However, I do not think that the trigger does not work yet for this reason.

I ended up solving the problem in a simpler and lazier way: I set for my custom unit, that uses Frenzy, Art - Animation - Cast Backswing and Art - Animation - Cast Point to 0 and it seems it does not interrupt orders. So far I don't see any problems, considering that the unit has only one skill and there will be no more.

I also came up with an idea, in which a trigger, when a unit tries to use a skill, interrupts it, and at that time the dummy casts what it needs on that unit. In theory, if the "ability interrupt" works very quickly, we should not notice that the unit is casting the spell at all...
I'll try to do something like this if I have enough time. If I manage, I might even post it here.