• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Factory Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
This what your looking for?
base.gif
Abbility
joinminus.gif
events.gif
Events
line.gif
joinbottom.gif
unit.gif
Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
join.gif
cond.gif
Conditions
joinbottomminus.gif
actions.gif
Actions
empty.gif
joinbottomminus.gif
if.gif
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
empty.gif
empty.gif
joinminus.gif
cond.gif
If - Conditions
empty.gif
empty.gif
line.gif
joinbottom.gif
if.gif
(Mana of (Casting unit)) Greater than or equal to 50.00
empty.gif
empty.gif
joinminus.gif
actions.gif
Then - Actions
empty.gif
empty.gif
line.gif
joinbottom.gif
unit.gif
Unit - Set mana of (Casting unit) to ((Percentage mana of (Casting unit)) - 50.00)
empty.gif
empty.gif
joinbottomminus.gif
actions.gif
Else - Actions
empty.gif
empty.gif
empty.gif
joinbottom.gif
unit.gif
Unit - Order (Casting unit) to Stop

Level 7
I was wondering if there is a way to select units from the game instead of the map. I have been looking over the last few days and all I can find is the option to select a unit from the map and, this is all well and good unless I don't have the units at the start of the game.

Level 7
Well its a custom unit called "sentinal facility" under the "custum human" area, but the only problem is I can only figure out how to do triggers on units already on the map, but these don't get built until pretty far into the game.

Level 33
Since, (Triggering unit) is on the top of the list of Event.
The system always refer (Triggering unit) first, before any other, which will performs faster and efficient
We can't pretty much see the differences, but trust me, it IS different.
But we can't use (Triggering unit) as (Killing unit), but we can refer it to (Dying unit) in an Event such as "Unit - Generic Unit Event" -> "A unit Dies"
Basically, in an Event, it has 2 thing, which is A and B
A would be likely to be the (Triggering unit) whereas B serves as (XXX Unit)

Situation A:
  • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
The initial word which is the "A unit..." refers to (Triggering unit) whereas the connection of this Event would be (Target unit of ability being cast), right ?

Situation B:
  • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
"A unit..." refers to (Triggering unit) whereas the connection of this Event would be (Constructed structure)
We can also use (Constructing structure) as (Triggering unit) but it works faster by using the (Triggering unit)

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
(Casting unit) (Attacked unit) (Dying unit) ... these are just wrappers for (Triggering unit). Why they are not just BJ's is a mystery.

(Triggering unit) is more intuitive in all but one case - "A unit is summoned". You don't know if it should be the summoner or what-have-you. In this case, the summoned unit is the triggering unit.

(Triggering unit) is the first item on the list, fastest to work with.

(Triggering unit) is less buggy - still works after a Wait period.

Status
Not open for further replies.