• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Automatic Unit Movement and Such...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hmm, well, I'm trying to create triggers where units are created every so mins for a human player and move to a specific area, yet done so that a player cannot alter/change the route...how can you make it so that no matter what a player does, that unit will go to that specific route...?

Also ,it seems strange, but though I do know how to do the triggers for spawn and automatic movement, around half of them work, while the other half don't! There are separate triggers for them (because of different destinations), and the triggers are mirrors of each other due to copy n paste...and I checked, and I did not overlook any unchanged "pasted" parts of each trigger, yet a bunch of the automatic paths don't work, the units just sit there when spawned. Any answers to this...?

Level 5
I may be able to help on the first part.
Does the player actually have control over the created unit?

If they do, try adding a computer player to the team of the player that is creating the unit.

Once the unit is trained, convert ownership of the trained unit to the computer, then designate a path.

Just one of the many ways you could go about doing it. I hope this helped :x

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Smiply make it that if their path is altered they are paused for 5 seconds a penalty and their path corrected. To do this use a unit is issued an order event to detect "attack", "move", "patrole", "holdground" and "smart".

"smart" is the right click move order.

Status
Not open for further replies.