• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Autocasting Firebolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I followed one of the Tutorials for making any spell autocast, but it doesn' work.

Fire Ball Wizard
Events
Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Dummy
Actions
Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Neutral - Firebolt (Target unit of ability being cast)

The dummy ability is Searing Arrows Set to 0 Damage and 0 mana. There is a 7 second cool down. Sometimes the trigger works, sometimes it doesn't why?

Level 3
Searing arrows and other autocast attack abilities (black arrow, poisen arrows, incinerate) will not trigger "unit starts the effect of an ability" unless they are manually cast. For that reason if the searing arrows is on autocast, it will not activate the trigger.

Also, you only use "channeling an ability" if the ability is actually channeled, like death and decay.

If you wanted to make it autocast, use an ability like curse or slow.

Level 3
Searing arrows and other autocast attack abilities (black arrow, poisen arrows, incinerate) will not trigger "unit starts the effect of an ability" unless they are manually cast. For that reason if the searing arrows is on autocast, it will not activate the trigger.

Also, you only use "channeling an ability" if the ability is actually channeled, like death and decay.

If you wanted to make it autocast, use an ability like curse or slow.

I have always wondered which spells i should base my spells off from. For autocast, why curse or slow? Is curse or slow special? or is it more flexible or something?

Level 3
I suggest curse and slow b/c they follow the same AI for firebolt: targeting enemies. If you based it off of inner fire or frost armor, it would not work because they would target allies. Likewise, many other autocast wouldn't fit the bill.

Using similar reasoning, let's say you wanted an autocast rejuvenation. Base the dummy spell off of inner fire, frost armor, or beserk, since the intention is to target your own units.

Hopefully that clears things up.

Level 19
it wont work you need to create a dummy to cast it
damn someone help that guy pls
wait... he didnt post after thread again
may be found solution already

Status
Not open for further replies.