• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Autocast Animation on item icons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I don't know if you can get it to work like that. right clicking an item is the way to drop or move it, so even if you could get it to autocast like that you might be creating new problems.

one way around that is just to give the holder the ability with triggers (and take away when dropped). not as perfect aesthetically, but should get the job done.

Level 4
Do you need an actual "animation" or just visual representation of autousing the item?
In second case you can just make the item change after left-click into another with modified icon. Edit the base icon into one with yellow dots around it. They dont need to circle around. Do they?

Level 12
Do you need an actual "animation" or just visual representation of autousing the item?
In second case you can just make the item change after left-click into another with modified icon. Edit the base icon into one with yellow dots around it. They dont need to circle around. Do they?

Was thinking of making em circle as well, if that's possible of course :p

I don't know if you can get it to work like that. right clicking an item is the way to drop or move it, so even if you could get it to autocast like that you might be creating new problems.

one way around that is just to give the holder the ability with triggers (and take away when dropped). not as perfect aesthetically, but should get the job done.

I just need the glow animation around the item, I don't really need to use the item since item would be passive (aka something like Claws of Attack but with animation running around it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
There is a trick to make it "animate".
Create item icons in number equal to all of the animation images. Like this:
1: |o |
2: | o |
3: | o|
Create item for each of the image. Create a periodic event that for each unit that has item 1, 2 or 3 in inventory "transforms" it into the next one. So delete the item, create the next one and put in the same slot in inventory.
An "animation" can be actualy done.
:D :D :D
There will be a problem with moving the item, so make a turned-off version and let it be changed with left-click.

Level 12

I just need the glow animation around the item, I don't really need to use the item since item would be passive (aka something like Claws of Attack but with animation running around it).
There is a trick to make it "animate".
Create item icons in number equal to all of the animation images. Like this:
1: |o |
2: | o |
3: | o|
Create item for each of the image. Create a periodic event that for each unit that has item 1, 2 or 3 in inventory "transforms" it into the next one. So delete the item, create the next one and put in the same slot in inventory.
An "animation" can be actualy done.
:D :D :D
There will be a problem with moving the item, so make a turned-off version and let it be changed with left-click.
Cool, I'll definitely try that! Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.