• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Auto-cast abilities that work together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: I spent 2 hours to list all autocast spells & test them out of curiosity. I hope one day this will be usefull to another map developer :)

Hello,

I find the topic interesting, particularly for developers who make triggered auto-cast spells, so I am sharing ! I am looking for a list of the compatibility of auto-cast abilities (which ones can work together, which ones can't).

After testing many abilities so far, it seems that a unit can have at most have 3 autocast abilities working at the same time if they are from different "class" (see definition below). And abilities of the same class cannot have their autocast active at the same time.

Class "self, autocast on attacked"
- Autocast whose left-click targets self, and auto-cast triggers when attacked:
> Phase Shift [Apsh]

Class "Autocast on attacking"
- Autocast that triggers when attacking (orb effects):
> Searing Arrow [ACsa]/[AHfa]
> Cold Arrow [ACcw]/[AHca]
> Black Arrow [ACbk]/[ANba]
> Poison Arrow [AEpa]
> Orb of Annihilation [Afak]
> Frost Arrows [ANfa]​

Class "Others"
- Buff placers/autocast spells with a target:
> Slow [Aslo]/[ACsw]
> Inner Fire [Ainf]/[ACif]
> Frost Armor [ACf2]/[ACfa]/[ACfu]/[AUfu]/[AUfa]
> Restore [Arst]
> Bloodlust [ACbl]/[ACbb]/[Ablo]
> Faerie Fire [Afae]/[Afa2]/[ACff]
> Repair [Arep]/[Ahrp]
> Spell Steal [Asps]
> Parasite [ANpa]/[ACpa]
> Heal [Ahea]/[Anhe]/[Anh1]/[Anh2]/[Awhe]
> Kaboom! [Asdg]/[Asd2]/[Asd3]/[Asds]
> Abolish Magic [Aadm]
> Curse [Acrs]
> Restore [Arst]
> Web [Aweb]/[ACwb]​
- Abilities whose left-click targets self or corpse(s), and auto-cast triggers for other targets too:
> Replenish Mana and Life [Ambt]
> Replenish Mana [Ampb]
> Replenish [Arpb]
> Frenzy [Afzy]
> Raise Dead [ACrd]/[AIrd]/[Arai]
> Carrion Beetles [AUcb]
> Spirit of Vengeance [Avng]
> Renew [Aren]
> Essence of Blight [Arpl]
> Spirit Touch [Arpm]
> Get corpse [Amel]​

Normaly with this I extracted all the spells with tooltip "Righ-click to deactivate auto-casting." from the map files :)

You can also cheat by using one of the ability below that are orbs that have a chance (configurable) to cast any ability with a target at each attack:
- Orb of Slow
- Orb of Lightning
- Attack black arrow bonus
- Melee Lightning Damage Bonus[/ident]​
The button will be not clickable and has DISBTN-appearance, thus you cannot turn autocast on/off through GUI directly, you'd need to make a trigger on click events (boring).

But know they are buggy (because of Blizzard), and you need some triggers to have them work properly :)

Do you confirm my theory ? Can you please help me complete the lists, it may be usefull for other map developpers ^^

Also I would really love if you can find more spells in Class "1", because I don't succeed in removing "Phase Shift" effect to have dummy (=triggered) abilities from it. Even with 0s, it disapears a short time on casting...​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.